BY JOHN FRIEDA® #4 in Hair Bleach & Lighteners

This hair lightening spray brightens blonde hues by up to two shades. Expertly formulated with a blend of chamomile and citrus. Exclusive peroxide lightening formula gradually lightens radiant blonde tones after 3–5 uses. Maximum hair lightening occurs after no more than 10 uses.

WATER, HYDROGENPEROXIDE, POLYSORBATE 20, DISODIUMPHOSPHATE,PHOSPHORICACID,FRAGRANCE,VP/VA COPOLYMER, POLYQUATERNIUM-47,POLYQUATERNIUM-55, PROPYLENE GLYCOL,EXT. VIOLET 2, VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE)JUICE EXTRACT, CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA(MATRICARIA) FLOWER EXTRACT, CITRUSMEDICA LIMONUM (LEMON) PEEL EXTRACT,HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER)SEED EXTRACT, GLYCERIN, ALCOHOL,VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) SEED EXTRACT,TOCOPHEROL, PEG-40 HYDROGENATEDCASTOR OIL.

• What do you think of this hair lightener ? Do you find it...1 Answers
  • i have blonde highlights in my hair, would this product s...1 Answers
  • Ive been doing some research on this product and would li...1 Answers
John Frieda® Go Blonder Controlled Lightening Spray
  • "Seriously so easy to use, just spritz some wherever you want to go lighter, then blow dry and straighten as normal and voila!" in 8 reviews
  • "Works great, but eventually started damaging my hair even though I used to product as directed on the label." in 5 reviews
Jourdan B.
Wrightstown, WI
It’s been about 6 months since my last salon highlight. I’ve been so busy and can’t seem to find a time that works with mine and my stylists schedule. I’ve been thinking about doing a box lightener (I did on my own for about 10 years) but since it’s been so long since I’ve done the box at home, I was nervous. I came across this and have used it 4 times so far. It is a miracle worker. I love that it’s a gradual lighten. It doesn’t have a bad smell and hasn’t dried out my hair so far. I’m sure if I used it daily like so many of the bad reviews have that it would cause damage. But the directions clearly state 2-3 times per week and no more than 10 times between colorings. Can’t beat the price either. I love the control I have with the spray. I spray small pieces around my face to give me a brighter look. I will definitely use this again!! The picture on the left was before using, picture on the right is after 4 uses over a week time period.
Maria Cecília P.
San Diego, CA
I really like this product. Easy to use and you can really notice the results after 3 times using it. I have a natural blonde hair but it got darker when I got old and I moved here and had this desire to be super blonde again but with no money or time to do it the "right way" so I found this product and even my hair it's not the color I want yet, I'm really satisfied with it.
Ps: since it has some "aggressive" components it can make your hair really dry after you use it so I recommend using it once a week so you won't damage your hair.
Kelly V.
Denver
Let me start off by saying I’m a natural blonde. This works for me. I spray it on my roots in the winter to brighten up my color. I use it maybe once or twice a week. However, I’ve had friends with color treated hair that this has appeared to wreak havoc on. Make sure to follow the directions on the box, and use with caution on color treated hair.
Alexis S.
Northport
I use this with my John Frieda go blonder lightening shampoo and conditioner and it works wonders! I have only been using these products for about 2 weeks and I have seen tremendous improvements in my hair! I am already about 2 shades lighter!
Becky S.
I hope this product stays out for a while. It reminds me of the old "Sun In" but way better! It seems to be heat activated so don't waste your time nor product spraying it in your hair if you are NOT either going to use a hair dryer or go out in the sun soon after applying it.
The nice thing is that it isn't a bleach nor anything damaging to the hair, skin or clothing. It works almost instantaneously and I haven't found a negative thing to say about it yet.
Autumn B.
Redford , MI
This was a lifesaver when I had blonde hair. I would use this when it was looking a little darker and with just one use it lightened my hair. It doesn't smell good though so be warned.
Bri Z.
Lafayette, CO
I mostly use natural lightening techniques on my natural blonde hair, but in a pinch I always keep a bottle of this in my cabinet. Just spray it on wet hair and watch it get lighter as it dries. Don’t expect miracles, but in natural blonde hair it will definitely lighten and highlight your natural colors!
Anna P.
Phoenix
I do feel that the product has not only held my curls for long wear but has kept hair light. The product is kind of on the pricey side but the quality of the product is fair. It is very easy to use and last enough to only use once throughout the day. I would say I was satisfied in the products quality.
Mariana E.
Laredo, TX
I love this product! I use it once a week and it really works. It gives you natural highlights and all you do is spray and blow dry. The scent is not great but the product works
Nikki T.
Iowa City, IA
I have been using this product for YEARS. It's a great product to lighten already blonde hair if your are looking to go lighter. I especially like to use it in the winter when my hair gets a bit darker--with this spray my hair doesn't do this anymore. I use it a couple times a week with my blow dryer and it keeps the color consistent.
Ashley S.
Renfrew, ON
Wondering if this stuff actually helps lighten hair? also wondering if it is like sun in where heat and sun helps accelerate the process?
Erin S.
Is this for natural blonde hair or colored blonde hair?
Sahra-jessica F.
Wahnapitea , MD
Does this work if you have different colours of blonde in your hair?
Maddison P.
Landover, MD
I see a lot of yays and a fair amount of no. A lot of people are saying it's damaging. How many uses do you recommend for 1: to see a difference, and 2: safely lighten hair without ruining hair quality?
Mariana D.
Vancouver, BC
Can I use this if I have dark blonde hair?? Close to light brown...