John Frieda Go Blonder® Controlled Lightening Spray

This hair lightening spray lightens blonde hues by up to two shades for natural looking color. Expertly formulated with a blend of chamomile and citrus. Exclusive peroxide lightening formula gradually lightens radiant blonde tones after 3–5 uses. Maximum hair lightening occurs after no more than 10 uses.

Available in 3.5 fl. oz. (103mL)

Can I use this on light brown hair, If my hair naturally highlights in the sun?
I have been trying to find ways to naturally lighten my roots. I know this has peroxide... has anyone used this product and liked the results? Or has anyone used natural hair lighteners and seen a difference?
Start your review of John Frieda Go Blonder® Controlled Lightening Spray!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
Seriously so easy to use, just spritz some wherever you want to go lighter, then blow dry and straighten as normal and voila!in reviews
Works great, but eventually started damaging my hair even though I used to product as directed on the label.in reviews
Mariele F.
Newark, NJ
John Frieda Go Blonder® Controlled Lightening Spray uploaded by Mariele F.
some time after the highlights my hair started to darken. then this product relights my hair! I also like to use it on the beach or at the pool.
Patrycja D.
Falls Church, VA
John Frieda Go Blonder® Controlled Lightening Spray uploaded by Patrycja D.
Purchased at: Amazon
LOVE IT! I’ve been using it for many years and my hair got much lighter and blonder. It doesn’t damage my hair and makes it look super natural. I can’t even count how many times people have asked me what color do I dye my hair and how surprised they were when I told them it’s the John Frieda Go Blonder® Controlled Lightening Spray . I’ve never dyed hair in my life, because of this spray!
Julia S.
Gatineau, QC
Purchased at: Walmart
I love this!! It works amazing, really lights your hair in a nice way. My hair is not dry or damaged. But be careful and make sure you apply evenly everywhere!
kate B.
Missoula, MT
John Frieda Go Blonder® Controlled Lightening Spray uploaded by kate B.
John Frieda Go Blonder® Controlled Lightening Spray uploaded by kate B.
Purchased at: Target
I don’t know how many stars to give this product, it gave me amazing blonde hair but due to overuse it also wrecked my hair. After using this spray in conjunction with the shampoo and conditioner my hair went from what blonde to almost platinum. I would end up spending $300 to get my hair dyed back to my natural blonde and I lost a lot of my hair’s body and curl. It is the most effective non bleach product you will ever find but even used sparingly it is so harsh on your hair! Comparison photo included to show my natural color after the damage was corrected and gown out.
Colleen C.
Middle River, MD
John Frieda Go Blonder® Controlled Lightening Spray uploaded by Colleen C.
I used to spend $100's getting my hair highlighted every year. I use this twice a week with a hot tool like my hair straightener (blow dryer is not hot enough as directions state) and I have the coolest, lightest blonde highlights I have ever had! it even covers my greys. My natural color is a dirty blonde, so I am not very dark blonde to begin with. I can't say enough great things about this product. I buy in bulk in case they discontinue it. This is no orange Sun-in.
Jenny N.
John Frieda Go Blonder® Controlled Lightening Spray uploaded by Jenny N.
Purchased at: Nordstrom
Pues que puedo decir es un producto bueno en general que tienes que usar constantemente para notar el resultado es por eso que no es agresivo con tu cabello sino que gradualmente notas la diferencia su aroma no es muy agradable en lo que me ami respecta por que no deja un aroma fresco en mi cabello pero en general me agrada
Ingrid H.
Needham, MA
John Frieda Go Blonder® Controlled Lightening Spray uploaded by Ingrid H.
This spray sucks! My hair is looking so dry that I want to cry. It’s good to light your hair? Yes! It’s healthy? Jesus NO!
Allison S.
Laguna Woods, CA
John Frieda Go Blonder® Controlled Lightening Spray uploaded by Allison S.
Purchased at: Amazon
Works great! Really lightens! If you have a red undertone use with a purple shampoo and it will really even the color. This product isn’t nearly as damaging as the sun in from days past lol. We are a family of fine thin hair and this product has lightened without an exorbitant amount of damage.
Burcu C.
Monroe, WA
John Frieda Go Blonder® Controlled Lightening Spray uploaded by Burcu C.
John Frieda Go Blonder® Controlled Lightening Spray uploaded by Burcu C.
Purchased at: Amazon
(No dye in my hair) I bought this product on advice from a friend as I was tired of how dull my hair was.I did not want to use a permanent dye for fear of not liking the resulting colour and I did not want to risk damaging my hair.I have been getting loads of compliments on the colour and people are asking where I got my hair done so they can do the same. I was sceptical about damage it may cause but my hair has remained undamaged and healthy. Only,I used it three times in 2 weeks.Absolutely amazing product, could not recommend it more. The bottles last very long to and are at a reasonable price! John Frieda Go Blonder® Controlled Lightening Spray
Nicole L.
Peachtree Cty, GA
This has been my go to product for years. Whenever my hair gets dull and drab and I don’t have time or money for highlights I use this for a few days. Just spray into towel dry hair and blow dry. It makes it instantly brighter and after the second time someone usually asks if I got my hair done!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...