BY JOHN FRIEDA® #85 in Hairspray

Protect your hair from damaging heat styling tools with this protective spray and prep your hair for a beautiful, smooth style. Heat protecting spray formulated with ThermaGuard Complex and humectants replenishes hair, leaving it smooth and moisturised. Helps seal strands and prevent breakage.
Suitable for all levels of frizz and safe for colour-treated hair.

Aqua, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Retinyl Palmitate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Chelidonium Majus Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Bis-PEG-10 Dimethicone/Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Sodium Laneth-40 Maleate/Styrene Sulfonate Copolymer, Ascorbic Acid, Polysorbate 20, Disodium EDTA, Parfum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene.

• Is there any other products in this protective line and i...1 Answers
  • I have extremely frizzy hair. Will this actually work?1 Answers
  • Does it help the frizz and the hair? 4 Answers
Buy on Amazon*
  • "I never used to use heat protecting spray, but ever since I've started using this I feel like it helps to straighten my hair even faster and easier than before. " in 1 review
  • "This product is great for blow drying my curly hair!" in 1 review
  • "Although i have extremely thick hair so maybe it'll work better for people with thin hair" in 1 review
  • "I use this every time before I curl or blow dry my hair." in 1 review
Kelly C.
Baltimore, MD
This product is just ok. I can't tell if it is really protecting my hair, which isn't much of a surprise but I thought it would help keep my hair smooth and straight......but it doesn't. It doesn't help with frizzy hair or flyaways. In fact, it leaves a weird gummy feeling on my hair. I almost feel like I am cooking a weird plastic chemical into my hair. The price however is definitely a plus. There are a lot of similar products out there that are seriously over priced, this product, however, is fairly priced.
Clarissa N.
I just recently bought this product and I thought it was good. I have naturally straight thick hair so I just use it to blow dry my hair. I noticed when I put it on it had a smell to it like a sweet smell but it was very light. After I was done blow drying my hair my hair had so much volume to it. It was different but a good different. I noticed my hair was thicker and just happy lol. I enjoyed this product. It did give me a few tangles when I would spray it on but thats okay. Other than that my hair looks amazing!
Avani P.
I genuinely find a hard time finding products that mesh well with my hair because it is quite picky. I've gathered quite the collection of John Frieda products over the years and love them all. I decided to give this spray a go since my old one had run out and I trust this brand. I have not been disappointed. There isn't a large difference. This wasn't a wow product to me like their other ones, but it does the job and is definitely not worse than previous sprays I've tried. I might repurchase.
Em G.
I really enjoyed this product! I love love love the scent of it and it's very easy to put on the hair. The application sprayer is a lot better than the normal spray on other products. The price is reasonable and the product itself is quality. My one concern is not an even application to the hair itself but that may be human error. Overall I recommend this product.
Heather M.
Milton, WV
I started using his after Tresemme changed the scent of their heat protectant spray. I now realize I should've been using this all along!!! It has the best smell and works great on my hair. I don't notice as much breakage at the tips compared to other sprays I have used. It's not any pricier than other drugstore heat protectants either!
Cris J.
Callahan, FL
I usually purchase the expensive salon heat protectant. It just so happens I was out of my favorite product but happened to be at my local hypermart doing some shopping. I picked this up because it was relatively inexpensive and said it was a protective styling spray. This certainly lives up to what it says it will do. It has a fine, mist spray so when applied it doesn't feel like you're been rained upon. I applied it to my wet hair to protect if from the hair dryer and then again after it was dry to protect it from the flat iron. My hair was shiny, silky smooth and smelled lovely. I think I may give my up the expensive salon spray for this.
Lynsey W.
Raphine, VA
I have used the entire bottle of this, it took me probably 6 months to do. I love the scent of all John Frieda products I have used, and this was no different. I use this whenever I use a straightener on my hair, I feel like it does help to keep my hair straighter throughout the day, but I can't tell if it's actually protecting against damage, I'll take their word against it. I don't turn the heat up super high and I take good care of my hair, so it isn't damaged.
Emillie D.
I used to fry my hair by blow drying and straightening it every morning for almost 5 years. I was recommended this product by a friend and was so impressed by how it made my hair feel! It was breaking less, growing stronger, and growing longer!! After getting my split ends chopped off, I use this product religiously and now I actually get compliments on my hair! It's a great feeling!
Seharay G.

I met by chance with this excellent product, has a delicious aroma, leaves very soft hair, very well protected from the heat of the iron and allows a more straight hair longer. If you are not hesitate to buy it.
William S.
Wilmington, MA
For someone who has long hair and uses the hair dryer for extended period of times I can tell you that there is a materially difference in your hair after using John Frieda's Heat Defeat Protective Styling Spray. I was reluctant at first, but once I tried it, I've never stopped using it. Highly recommend it!
Jasmin B.
Palmdale, CA
Does it help the frizz and the hair?
Gina S.
Bridgeport, CT
Is there a smell to this product? If so, what is the best way to describe it?
Katie S.
, WI
Is this used best on dry hair right before heating, or applied to wet hair a while before drying and heating?
member-d9cce87c2
Nj
Is this like a heat protectant spray?
Bianey R.
Mocksville, NC
What don't you like about this Product,??