BY JOHN FRIEDA® #45 in Detangling Treatments

Simply Sleek Straightening Balm takes styles from meek to sleek in just minutes. Lightweight, non-greasy formula helps hair achieve a smooth, straight shape. Leaves hair with a satin finish and multi-dimensional shine; illuminates an array of rich, brown tones.

Princess S.
Los Angeles, CA
What's not to love about John Frieda's
Simply Sleek Straightening Balm?! It's super quick and easy to use. If you're like me and constantly want to change your style, but find it hard to tame your frizz monster hair, nothing sounds better than a quick fix. I prefer to apply it right after I've towel dried my hair from the shower. I use the balm liberally throughout my tangled hair, and voila! Ithink my favorite part of all is that it's pretty Lightweight and non-greasy, that means way less messy product buildup in between washes! Hooray! All the nutrients they put in this helps my hair become smooth, straight,and healthy. The end result is hair with a silky finish and layers upon layers of glorious shine; It also, as a great bonus, brings all my brown highlights into visibility by illuminating all shades of brown in my hair. This product rocks!
Amber P.
This product wasn't my favorite. I have very thick, curly, ethnic hair, and have tried just about every product trying to find what works best with my hair, especially when it come to straightening. I switched from using this, to Redken smooth down which I loved, but they discontinued it. I just purchased some products from Kevin Murphys line that I can't wait to try! All in all, I think there are better products out there
Cara S.
Coopersburg, PA
This product makes your hair look incredible right when you're done with the hair dryer and definitely brings out the brown in your hair, but it also weighs down your hair. I happen to hate hair dryers and have fine hair that gets weighed down easily, though. I'm sure this product would be amazing for someone with different hair than me.
Stephanie B.
This is an amazing product, pretty much all John Frieda products are great I especially like the color specialized products for blonds and brunettes they really can preserve your color over a long period of time. Some of the products can build up in your hair so it always good to use a residue reducing shampoo every so often.
Romi G.
I have become a John Frieda fan since I have used this product. I have very frizzy and curly hair. I have tried several products to keep my frizz in control and make my hair manageable. I have found this straightening balm by John Fieda to be the most effective. It leaves my hair silky and soft through the day. It is not greasy and smells great too.
Jordan J.
Penfield, NY
Amazing formula, weightless product. This product is very long lasting and can withstand a day on the go. This product takes away any frizz and fly aways you may have. My hair is very thick and wavy and this product smooths it perfectly. Would definitely buy this again and refer my friends.
Anu g.
EL DORADO HILLS, CA
I love this product as i have frizzy hairs and it works great to keep my hairs tamed and good looking. it is evry effective . i have orugh and curly hairs. its is good value for its price and i always buy this product and also recommend to my friends who ever has same kind of problem.
Thanuja M.
W Bloomfield, MI
It is a good product but I feel like it makes the hair heavy looking. Meaning, hair is not too flowy after use. Wouldn't recommend the product on a day to day basis. It is little pricey for what it is.

I don't recommend if you have thin hair. If you have thick hair may you can get away

Megan S.
Tampa, Fl
I like this straightening balm a lot. I find that it provides a little extra straightening slickness and reduces some frizzy fly-aways when I'm blowdrying and flat-ironing my hair myself.
Not a substitute for a stick-straight salon blowout, but this is a good at-home product.
Victoria W.
Rayville, LA
John Frieda Brilliant Simply Sleek Straightening Balm is great for using through your hair to help with the straightening process. It's in the mid price range. It smells wonderful and I think it adds a great moisture and shine to your hair after you use a flat iron.