John Frieda® Brilliant Brunette® Visibly Deeper™ Colour Deepening Shampoo 8.3 fl. oz. Tube

BY JOHN FRIEDA®

Create deeper, richer, more lustrous colour as you cleanse. Formulated with cocoa and evening primrose oil, our Brilliant Brunette® Visibly Deeper™ Colour Deepening Shampoo infuses rich, dark tones so you can deepen the spectrum of your brunette colour. see more...

• I have very dark brown hair. The darkness brown of it, is about t...1 Answers
  • I have very dark brown hair. The darkness brown of it, is about t...1 Answers
  • Has anyone tried this line that does not have color treated hair?...3 Answers
Lauren C.
So I'd seen commercials for this and decided to give it a go. My hair is naturally a sort of light auburn and tends to get very blonde in the summer because my mother's side of the family are almost all toe heads. I wasn't in the sun as much this summer so it didn't get as light anyway. My hair still got lighter highlights, but nowhere near as blonde as usual, and not as extensive either. It didn't do anything for the rest of my hair though. No change in tone or color. If anything, it was maybe a little less shiny, but nothing to get too worried about. Oh, and it smelled quite lovely.

Overall, I'd pass on this. If my hair got super light again over the summer, I MAY opt for this over trying to dye it back to normal, but otherwise, I don't really think it's worth it. I WOULD, however, try one for red heads, should they ever decide to bring that line back. That line used to do wonderful things for the red in my hair.
Kimberly H.
N Hollywood, CA
I think this one is a winner! I wanted to get a shampoo that would help keep my roots and my little white hairs deeper until I could dye my hair again. I use demi permanent so the little white hairs usually start out as light golden highlights but quickly turn white. So far this seems to add enough to keep that golden tone there and not totally wash out the previous dye, even though it DOES have cleaning suphites in it.
Jennifer F.
This is average as a shampoo and it smells good. However, I bought it because it claims to darken your brunette hair. It doesn't do that. All the color washes right out when you rinse your hair. It did not make my hair darker at all. I was very disappointed with this shampoo. I would not recommend or repurchase.
Sasha W.
Omaha, NE
I use this line of shampoo and conditioner every other time I wash my hair and it allows me to double to triple the time I can go between dye jobs!
Sherry F.
Arlington, TX
I love these products the hair color does not strip your hair of the nutrients it needs. My hair was soft beautiful and flowing
Vanessa L.
Dallas, TX
It has a nice scent and does a good job deepening the color of my hair. Already bought a back up.
Lissesh M.
Miami, Florida
A treasure for your hair to appreciate by ever.Mourishes at the same time.essential for diaries
Samantha B.
I haven't colored my hair in a year (Halloween week '16 was the last time). Going to back to my natural color (for healthy hair reasons) was getting boring, until I stumbled upon this! Love it so much. My hair color has changed significantly - I couldn't be happier!
Brandi R.
Macclenny, FL
I've been using another shampoo from the Brilliant Brunette line for quite a while but this happened to be the only one in stock when I last went to the store. I'm glad I ended up getting it anyway because I think it makes my hair look even better! I already have dark brown hair but I think this makes the color look richer. It also gives plenty of shine and bounce and it smells great!
Carlie M.
Ithaca, NY
I dye my hair brunette and thought that this would be a good way to keep my hair from fading. Honestly, using my normal color protection shampoo and conditioner works much better, and I'll probably not buy the product again.
Victoria B.
Lafayette, LA
Has anyone tried this line that does not have color treated hair? Looking to slightly deepen my natural brown locks without damaging effects and cost/maintenance of coloring. Wondering if anyone actually notices a difference in their hair color when using this paired with the conditioner &/or the treatment also in the line?
Amber G.
Ocala, FL
I have very dark brown hair. The darkness brown of it, is about the darkest brown that hair can have, I think, due to how dark my brown hair is. If I used this shampoo and conditioner, how darker would my brown hair be compared to how dark it is now?
Amber G.
Ocala, FL
I have very dark brown hair. The darkness brown of it, is about the darkest brown that hair can have, I think, due to how dark my brown hair is. If I used this shampoo and conditioner, how lighter would my brown hair be compared to how dark it is.
Melissa M.
Did this make anyone elses hair more orange ish red than burnette? I bleached my hair blond then when over it with an ash brunette color. I thought that this shampoo would make my hair a little more warm toned and lovely. But its now a cinnamon color. Its probably my fault but I just want to know if any one else had this problem.
i have just got my hair coloured and my roots have went a really light brown(almost gingery looking) would this help take it a bit more natural and close to my dark brown