BY JOHN FRIEDA®

Now you can deepen your brunette colour instantly.This colour depositing treatment with a unique blend of cool tones and hair smoothing technology, evens out faded brunette colour. Once a week, replace your normal conditioner with this colour enhancing treatment and leave hair looking darker, richer, with highly reflective shine.
Safe for use on natural or colour-treated brunette hair and for use on highlights and lowlights.

Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Behenamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Cetyl Esters, Erythritol, Parfum, Benzoic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Lactic Acid, Disodium Edta, Basic Yellow 57, Basic Red 76, Glycine, Behentrimonium Chloride, Malic Acid, Oenothera Biennis Flower Extract, Basic Blue 124, Propylene Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Theobroma Cacao Extract, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxycitronellal.

Liz T.
Saint Petersburg
I cheat on perfectly talented hairdressers for no reason. But love means never having to say you’re sorry when you cut your bangs and don’t want a lecture but you’re embarrassed because there wasn’t even wine involved. So when John Frieda came back into my life, I squeed like a 14 year-old fangirl right there in the CVS hair aisle. See, John Frieda is the Guy Tang of my generation. And since I was growing out my timeless bob (code for mom cut) I decided to deepen my locks with John Fried Brilliant Brunette Visibly Deeper Conditioner because what mousy brunette wouldn’t want rich chocolate tones and brilliant shine? Plus it was safer than reaching for the orange handled scissors or answering the siren call of the Preference box. Coincidentally it was scrub shave and condition night so there’s that. With freshly smoothed skin and cleansed hair it was time to view the outcome of the first use. Result: My eye color popped. Second use: My brows popped. Third use: I may need a new lipstick shade. Looking for instant gratification? Wanting to feel rebellious? Hoping your husband will notice? Yes to all.
Kristen B.
This conditioner was too expensive to not do anything for me. I have brown hair that is dyed slightly darker than my natural color, and I hoped that this would help blend my natural color into the dyed parts. It did not, and it didn’t feel nearly as moisturizing as other basic drugstore conditioners.
Vanessa V.
Sharonville
I have fine, straight hair that has a tendency to frizz, needs moisture, and sometimes is damaged. I stopped dyeing my hair to avoid damaging it so much, but as my natural color grew in, which is about two shades lighter than the mid-shaft to end section of my hair, I found myself wanting to deepen the color, just because I like my hair a little deeper, and hopefully blend the roots and ends of my hair a bit better. My natural color is a light to medium ash brown, and I have been noticing lighter brown to dark blonde streaks in some areas (precursor to greys?!?)

I have used John Frieda Brilliant Brunette shampoos and conditioners before, I was super excited to try this when it came out and searched so many stores for weeks to try to find it, before finally ordering it online.

I am very disappointed with this shampoo/conditioner system. I will say that I love the smell, the scent was great and not too strong. But I didn't really notice any color deepening after using this for weeks. I didn't take pictures or anything, so maybe it was just very subtle and hard to notice? Or perhaps it was harder for me to notice because right now my hair is not all one color. So I guess I can't complain too much about the deepening aspect, it may work for some people.

Even worse though, was the fact that I did not find this conditioner very moisturizing. It doesn't work well for my hair, my hair ends up frizzy, kind of dry, and not very shiny after using this. Are there worse conditioners out there? Of course. But this was very disappointing, especially since my hair always turned out shiny and soft and healthy looking after using other (less expensive) brilliant brunette lines. I ended up not even finishing the bottle, I disliked it that much. So I really like the idea of this conditioner, and it's hard to say whether or not it deepened the shade of my hair, but I won't buy it again or recommend it based on the fact that it just didn't condition my hair very well.
Emily G.
Spring Hill, TN
This is so amazing! It helped revive my color! I dyed my hair brunette when I used this product and it made my hair so soft and vibrant. I did it every other time I washed my hair, and it kept up perfectly! The packaging is good quality. It's a little pricey but definitely worth it!
Stephanie B.
Anchorage, AK
While using this I did see drastic improvement in the quality of my color treated hair. It was shinier, the color truer, and it seemed to fade slower. For the price this is one of the better color-treated hair conditioners I have tried. Will definitely purchase again.
Sydney C.
I use this product to extend the life of my color, and it works like a charm! It easily keeps my highlights from going brassy or too light. The treatment works for a good 6-8weeks for me.
Lauren C.
Piermont, NY
Makes my hair shiny and brown without causing damage to my hair. It's a great philosophy. I feel like this is my best kept secret. People are shocked when I tell them what I use.
Sarah G.
ERIE, PA
I used this product to enhance my natural brunette roots thst have cleverly grown out over the time of my pregnancy. The bottle is attractive, easy to use and the labeling is simple and to the point. The treatment itself is easy to use and I was able to use the same bottle several times although my hair is very long. It made my dark brown hair shiny, soft and even deeper. You could barely tell it was my roots. I was even speed if I had colored my roots by several family members on Easter from using this product.
Meredith C.
Minneapolis , MN
This product definitely made my hair darker. It wasn't super drastic or noticeable to anyone else, but I could tell my hair looked darker. The main thing I noticed was that the light brown/blonde highlights in my hair were almost gone. This product will start to wash out, so you need to reapply if you want to keep your darker shade. If you want your hair to be a little bit darker and don't want to spend the money or have the upkeep of a dye job then I would recommend this product!
Jillian S.
I love this stuff makes my hair small gray feels amazing super soft and it highlights my brunette hair detangler's and makes it super soft smooth and healthy shine
Paige M.
Aliquippa, PA
Does this actually work?
Samantha C.
Danville, KY
Will this cover grays? I need something for in between colorings to cover gray roots.
Cassi H.
Frisco, TX
How often do you use this product?
Dee M.
Arnold, MO
I have a question, has anyone used this to darken highlighted hair? I got some highlights and lowlights the other day and the blonde is to blonde for me. I want to darken the blonde without dye. Will this work?
Asra H.
Brookfield , WI
Has anyone tried this? Does it work well for toning down high lights?