John Frieda® Brilliant Brunette Visibly Brighter® Subtle Lightening Conditioner uploaded by Paige D.John Frieda® Brilliant Brunette Visibly Brighter® Subtle Lightening Conditioner uploaded by Anita A.

BY JOHN FRIEDA®

Gradually illuminate brunette tones for a natural-looking glow. Formulated with honey and marigold flower extract, this dry hair remedy helps nourish and brighten brunette strands. Hydrating conditioner for colored hair and natural brunettes.

WATER, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, BEHENAMIDOPROPYL DIMETHYLAMINE, CETYL ESTERS, FRAGRANCE, STEARYL ALCOHOL, LACTIC ACID, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, SILICONE QUATERNIUM-22, MICA, PPG-3 MYRISTYL ETHER, CARAMEL, DISODIUM EDTA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, GLYCINE, MALIC ACID, GLYCERIN, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, YELLOW 5, TIN OXIDE, METHYLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, HONEY EXTRACT, CALENDULA OFFICINALIS FLOWER EXTRACT, SALVIA OFFICINALIS (SAGE) LEAF EXTRACT, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT.

Buy on Amazon*
Chris M.
Amherst
Totally not what I used but they didn’t have the visibly deeper on here. So I will say that it does deepen the hair color but it does take some time to effectively work. I’d recommend giving it a try. The price point is pretty good for the amount of product that you receive.
Kimberly H.
Los Angeles, CA
This conditioner smells nice and is not too heavy for the average hair type I suppose, but I have drier hair and would like a little bit more richness and moisture. Not sure I have noticed a difference after a month ( I have dark brown hair, and I'm graying so I 'm hoping this will keep my ends a little lighter to balance my shampooing my roots and those getting a little lighter)
Ashleigh S.
This stuff made my hair feel grumpy. Like it had a layer a something of something tacky on it. And after one day, my entire head felt greasy and dirty to the touch. I’m not sure if it really lightened the hair or just out a coating if something on top, but it did look lighter. I wouldn’t recommend this product.
Megan M.
Oak Ridge
Once again the key word is subtle, it's not a hair lightener nor a dye so if you expect this to do what I pay my stylist $150 to highlight my hair then you are going to be highly disappointed. However if you want a subtle lightening and added subtle dimension to your hair that naturally lightens in the sun, this will make you very happy. The conditioner compliments the shampoo perfectly. I do have to use a bit more conditioner than I normally do with other brands but it's not a problem. I make sure to cover all my hair from scalp to ends and I let it set on there for a few mins while I wash up and moisturize in shower, rinsing out as my last step before I step out of the shower. It rinses out so easily and leaves no residue. My hair looks smooth and shiny with the added bonus of vibrant highlights that don't fade. My hair is silky smooth and no tangles so I can brush it out easily. I add a leave in conditioner that heat protects prior to drying my hair. The finish result is great. I'm completely happy with clean, shiny, bright end result from shampoo/conditioner combo. It's what i was looking for to keep my colors from fading. It's an affordable option at a little over $10 for the bottle, to add a subtle lightness to my hair. It's not worth it if you think it's going to really lighten dark hair that doesn't lighten naturally in sun at all, if expecting drastic results or expect salon quality results from 20 dollars worth shampoo/conditioner (nor should you leave a negative review for those unrealistic expectations) subtle lightening is all it does. Brilliant brunette is also another good option from this line of shampoo and conditioner
Desiree H.
Ft Oglethorpe, GA
This is great to use with the matching shampoo because used together or separate they each will bring you to the same color and lightening effect on your hair. It does not work on very dark hair or my dark roots that are not colored, it does lighten my blonde highlights and lighten my brown lowlights a little bit but mostly my blonde highlights get brighter. It keeps my hair in good condition and it does not stay in the bathtub even though it is brown liquid shampoo. It will turn grey hair blonde as well so it's great if you are starting to get Grey's it makes them look like highlights.
jackie s.
I have very dark brown hair and I bought this to try and lighten my hair color. I did not see any results. I used it for about 3 months and my hair was the same color that it was when I first used this. The smell is really nice and it has a really beautiful gold color. The price is fine. It left my hair smooth but I just didn’t see a color difference in my hair.
Amanda C.
Boston
I was very surprised to find that this product does enhance the natural tones in your hair. While John Freida is a bit more expensive than other brands, it’s a great conditioner if you want to change your hair color with minimal damage.
Mia R.
Walker, WV
I love John Freda products,they smell great AN really help the color on your hair to last a long time,it is more expensive than I care to spend so I don't buy it often but that's not cause I don't love them,I've not tried one I didn't like
Sarah P.
Parma, OH
It does wonders at keeping my color but if there's any residue left on my head my hair gets sticky and greasy. You really REALLY have to scrub this product out. I would almost recommend using this and then another shampoo after
Jodie P.
Baton Rouge, LA
I had high hopes for this but didn't see any difference in my hair at all. It smells great, like all John Frieda products, but that's about it. I wouldn't buy again, but it was fine for the one bottle I used.