BY JOHN FRIEDA® #33 in Hair Bleach & Lighteners

Brilliant Brunette Visibly Brighter In Shower Lightening Treatment - John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Visibly Brighter In Shower Treatment. Cast a light on color. Brilliant Brunette Visibly Brighter In-Shower Lightening Treatment illuminates to reveal a lighter shade of brunette in 1 wash. Lightens only your natural brunette spectrum, so hair won't appear bleached or orange. For natural or color-treated hair and for use on highlights and lowlights. - Brilliant Brunette Visibly Brighter In Shower Lightening Treatment see more...

• Any tips for using this? I'm going to try it out for the first ti...1 Answers
  • Has anyone left this in their hair longer than the suggested time...4 Answers
  • How drying/damaging to your hair is this product? 2 Answers
Buy on Bed Bat...*
Allison V.
Tyler, TX
I bought this product before trying/buying John Frieda’s Permanent Foam Hair Color and it did not work. I saw no visible difference after the first wash like it claims and my hair was in the virgin stage - level 3. I found it useless compared to the Foam Color. I paid a good deal of money for it and feel like it wasn’t worth it. My hair felt dry and damaged after! I don’t recommend this product to anyone.
Elizabeth O.
Im a fan of John Frieda products, however I didn't like this one. It was easy to use in the shower, but the difference was so subtle that it was unnoticeable. I've tried it twice and will not buy again.
Katherine R.
Sayre, PA
This is getting a 3 because it did lighten my hair but barely. And it dried out my hair I had to use a ton of conditioner. Probably would work better if my hair war already died but it wasn't.
Sharlyne L.
I had previously dyed my hair red, and then gone over it with a dark brown box dye. It hasn't been my favorite color so when I saw this, I had to try it out. I really did notice my hair was lighter after using this! It was dramatically different, but enough for me and my mom to notice as well. My only thing is the smell. It's just like hair dye but almost a stronger scent. It was worth it though since you only leave it in for a couple minutes.
Heather L.
This product is absolutely AMAZING. It toned down any brassy-ness that I had and lightened my hair to 1shade like the product claims. I have black hair with a baylage (brown). It didn't lighten my roots (black) but it did leave a gloss of some sort that was evenly distributed. There's more dimensions to my hair now and I wish this product was available sooner. Highly recommend!
Abel R.
Los Angeles, CA
DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT! Absolutely terrible , it dried up my hair , did not lighten up in one use. It says that it lightens your hair by one use! LIES! Did nothing for mine. It could work for blonde hair but not dark with brown.
Brittany G.
Hampden, MA
I have mixed feelings about this product. I was looking for something to subtly lighten my hair, however this may have been a little too subtle. I have light blonde/brown or bronde hair and I noticed this mostly lightened the strands of my hair that were already fairly light. Also, it has a strong chemical smell.
Lauren T.
Fall River, MA
Not as good as the rinsing washes and conditioners. I'll stick to my usual routine
Ivy O.
Scarborough, ON
I'm going to be honest and admit that I have mixed feelings about the Visibly Brighter products that I received in the #MyJohnFrieda VoxBox. I didn't see a significant change in colour (after one use), and the in-shower lightening treatment smelled like it contained a lot of chemicals, similar to the smell of bleach in the products used when I'm in a salon to get my hair professionally coloured (it claims not to contain any peroxide).

According to the product details on the Walmart website, it "Lightens only your natural brunette spectrum." <-- My natural hair colour is pretty dark on the brunette spectrum which could be a reason why I didn't see a significant change in shade.

For about just $10 per bottle (shampoo / conditioner, as well as the in-shower lightening treatment), it's worth a try, but because they are meant to lighten hair, I wouldn't recommend using it every time you shampoo. My hair doesn't look more damaged at all, but at the same time, I wouldn't necessarily classify it as being better, either.

The reason why I am unsure of these products is because I have only used them once, and I personally believe it might be too soon to judge. I definitely do recommend buying them to try! I have a feeling that they will "enhance" or lighten hair differently, from person to person, depending on texture of hair, shade of brunette, and on frequency of use. #contest
Ann-Marie C.
Mount Albert, ON
I do like the John Frieda Visibly Brighter collection and will continue to use it. I like the fact that I can lighten up my hair in the shower as part of my normal hair washing routine, so if you want something that is low maintenance and not too drastic, then this will give you a subtle difference in the color and tone of your hair. I am no expert on hair, but I probably would only recommend these products to people with highlights because I had to use the products about 2-3 times to actually noticed a difference in my hair and that could be because of the fact that my hair is a bit darker now but it would probably make a bigger difference if I had highlights are my hair was a bit lighter. Also, I do think that the In-Shower Lightening Treatment may have the ability to cause your hair to get dry with continuous use. As I personally have dry frizzy curly hair, it is something I would not use on a regular basis but will definitely continue using the shampoo/conditioner. I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes. #contest #myjohnfrieda
Leah S.
Rayland, OH
Has anyone left this in their hair longer than the suggested time? Did it make a difference?
Lauren M.
Does it lighten the hair color all over or bring out natural highlights more?
Liz H.
Overland Park, KS
How drying/damaging to your hair is this product?
Karen S.
Fenwick, ON
Any tips for using this? I'm going to try it out for the first time.