BY JOHN FRIEDA®

Brunettes, get your time in the sun. Lighten dark roots and brighten all-over colour. This five minute in-shower hair lightening treatment illuminates your shade with a sun-kissed glow.
Suitable for highlighted, colour-treated and natural brown hair colours.

Aqua, Decyl Glucoside, Hydrogen Peroxide, Ammonium Bicarbonate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Ethanolamine, Ceteareth-30, Dimethicone, Parfum, Acrylates/Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Copolymer, Polyquaternium-7, Panthenol, Myristyl Alcohol, Phosphoric Acid, Tetrasodium Edta, Disodium Phosphate, Salicylic Acid, Mel Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Salvia Officinalis Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene.

• Any tips for using this? I'm going to try it out for the ...1 Answers
  • Has anyone left this in their hair longer than the sugges...4 Answers
  • How drying/damaging to your hair is this product? 2 Answers
Allison V.
Tyler, TX
I bought this product before trying/buying John Frieda’s Permanent Foam Hair Color and it did not work. I saw no visible difference after the first wash like it claims and my hair was in the virgin stage - level 3. I found it useless compared to the Foam Color. I paid a good deal of money for it and feel like it wasn’t worth it. My hair felt dry and damaged after! I don’t recommend this product to anyone.
Mea K.
I’m not really sure so far I just used it and I’ve yet to see results and it’s been 40 minutes. Maybe it’s just my hair or it takes a longer amount of time for it to show I’m not sure
Elizabeth O.
Im a fan of John Frieda products, however I didn't like this one. It was easy to use in the shower, but the difference was so subtle that it was unnoticeable. I've tried it twice and will not buy again.
Katherine R.
SAYRE, PA
This is getting a 3 because it did lighten my hair but barely. And it dried out my hair I had to use a ton of conditioner. Probably would work better if my hair war already died but it wasn't.
Sharlyne L.
I had previously dyed my hair red, and then gone over it with a dark brown box dye. It hasn't been my favorite color so when I saw this, I had to try it out. I really did notice my hair was lighter after using this! It was dramatically different, but enough for me and my mom to notice as well. My only thing is the smell. It's just like hair dye but almost a stronger scent. It was worth it though since you only leave it in for a couple minutes.
Heather L.
This product is absolutely AMAZING. It toned down any brassy-ness that I had and lightened my hair to 1shade like the product claims. I have black hair with a baylage (brown). It didn't lighten my roots (black) but it did leave a gloss of some sort that was evenly distributed. There's more dimensions to my hair now and I wish this product was available sooner. Highly recommend!
Abel R.
Los Angeles, CA
DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT! Absolutely terrible , it dried up my hair , did not lighten up in one use. It says that it lightens your hair by one use! LIES! Did nothing for mine. It could work for blonde hair but not dark with brown.
Brittany G.
Hampden, MA
I have mixed feelings about this product. I was looking for something to subtly lighten my hair, however this may have been a little too subtle. I have light blonde/brown or bronde hair and I noticed this mostly lightened the strands of my hair that were already fairly light. Also, it has a strong chemical smell.
Lauren T.
Fall River, MA
Not as good as the rinsing washes and conditioners. I'll stick to my usual routine
Ivy O.
Scarborough, ON
I'm going to be honest and admit that I have mixed feelings about the Visibly Brighter products that I received in the #MyJohnFrieda VoxBox. I didn't see a significant change in colour (after one use), and the in-shower lightening treatment smelled like it contained a lot of chemicals, similar to the smell of bleach in the products used when I'm in a salon to get my hair professionally coloured (it claims not to contain any peroxide).

According to the product details on the Walmart website, it "Lightens only your natural brunette spectrum." <-- My natural hair colour is pretty dark on the brunette spectrum which could be a reason why I didn't see a significant change in shade.

For about just $10 per bottle (shampoo / conditioner, as well as the in-shower lightening treatment), it's worth a try, but because they are meant to lighten hair, I wouldn't recommend using it every time you shampoo. My hair doesn't look more damaged at all, but at the same time, I wouldn't necessarily classify it as being better, either.

The reason why I am unsure of these products is because I have only used them once, and I personally believe it might be too soon to judge. I definitely do recommend buying them to try! I have a feeling that they will "enhance" or lighten hair differently, from person to person, depending on texture of hair, shade of brunette, and on frequency of use. #contest
Leah S.
Rayland, OH
Has anyone left this in their hair longer than the suggested time? Did it make a difference?
Lauren M.
Does it lighten the hair color all over or bring out natural highlights more?
Liz H.
Overland Park, KS
How drying/damaging to your hair is this product?
Karen S.
Fenwick, ON
Any tips for using this? I'm going to try it out for the first time.

Amazon