BY JOHN FRIEDA®

Brilliant Brunette Visibly Brighter In Shower Lightening Treatment - John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Visibly Brighter In Shower Treatment. Cast a light on color. Brilliant Brunette Visibly Brighter In-Shower Lightening Treatment illuminates to reveal a lighter shade of brunette in 1 wash. Lightens only your natural brunette spectrum, so hair won't appear bleached or orange. For natural or color-treated hair and for use on highlights and lowlights. - Brilliant Brunette Visibly Brighter In Shower Lightening Treatment see more...

• Any tips for using this? I'm going to try it out for the first ti...1 Answers
  • Has anyone left this in their hair longer than the suggested time...4 Answers
  • How drying/damaging to your hair is this product? 2 Answers
Brittany G.
Hampden, MA
I have mixed feelings about this product. I was looking for something to subtly lighten my hair, however this may have been a little too subtle. I have light blonde/brown or bronde hair and I noticed this mostly lightened the strands of my hair that were already fairly light. Also, it has a strong chemical smell.
Abel R.
Los Angeles, CA
DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT! Absolutely terrible , it dried up my hair , did not lighten up in one use. It says that it lightens your hair by one use! LIES! Did nothing for mine. It could work for blonde hair but not dark with brown.
Katherine R.
Sayre, PA
This is getting a 3 because it did lighten my hair but barely. And it dried out my hair I had to use a ton of conditioner. Probably would work better if my hair war already died but it wasn't.
Elizabeth O.
Im a fan of John Frieda products, however I didn't like this one. It was easy to use in the shower, but the difference was so subtle that it was unnoticeable. I've tried it twice and will not buy again.
Sharlyne L.
I had previously dyed my hair red, and then gone over it with a dark brown box dye. It hasn't been my favorite color so when I saw this, I had to try it out. I really did notice my hair was lighter after using this! It was dramatically different, but enough for me and my mom to notice as well. My only thing is the smell. It's just like hair dye but almost a stronger scent. It was worth it though since you only leave it in for a couple minutes.
Heather L.
This product is absolutely AMAZING. It toned down any brassy-ness that I had and lightened my hair to 1shade like the product claims. I have black hair with a baylage (brown). It didn't lighten my roots (black) but it did leave a gloss of some sort that was evenly distributed. There's more dimensions to my hair now and I wish this product was available sooner. Highly recommend!
Lauren T.
Fall River, MA
Not as good as the rinsing washes and conditioners. I'll stick to my usual routine
Shanice T.
Calgary, AB
Let me get straight to the point and say that this product didn't work for me. I got this as a sample from the #MyJohnFrieda VoxBox along with the shampoo and conditioner (those didn't work either). I have naturally black hair, but it's dark brown near the roots and golden brown at the ends right now. I would understand if it didn't lighten the roots of my hair. However, even the already light part of my hair didn't change at all. It also left my hair dry and crackly feeling after using.
Sam T.
I got this product in a voxbox. I was so excited. I have always wanted my hair to be a bit lighter. It says that it is "Visibly Brighter" after just one wash but it made no difference on my hair. it did not work for me at all. I would consider trying it again but it didn't work the first time so I doubt it would work any other time either, but I really want it to...
Camille C.
Brampton, ON
I found that this actually lightened my hair giving it a beautiful sunkissed glow. It smelled good and it didn't make my hair brittle but instead gave it some shine and it appeared healthier. It really made my highlights really bright and I enjoyed that. I think because my hair was already colour-treated, it brightened up quite easily.
Leah S.
Rayland, OH
Has anyone left this in their hair longer than the suggested time? Did it make a difference?
Lauren M.
Does it lighten the hair color all over or bring out natural highlights more?
Liz H.
Overland Park, KS
How drying/damaging to your hair is this product?
Karen S.
Fenwick, ON
Any tips for using this? I'm going to try it out for the first time.