BY JOHN FRIEDA®

Brilliant Brunette Visibly Brighter In Shower Lightening Treatment - John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Visibly Brighter In Shower Treatment. Cast a light on color. Brilliant Brunette Visibly Brighter In-Shower Lightening Treatment illuminates to reveal a lighter shade of brunette in 1 wash. Lightens only your natural brunette spectrum, so hair won't appear bleached or orange. For natural or color-treated hair and for use on highlights and lowlights. - Brilliant Brunette Visibly Brighter In Shower Lightening Treatment see more...

• Any tips for using this? I'm going to try it out for the first ti...1 Answers
  • Has anyone left this in their hair longer than the suggested time...4 Answers
  • How drying/damaging to your hair is this product? 2 Answers
Allison V.
Tyler, TX
I bought this product before trying/buying John Frieda’s Permanent Foam Hair Color and it did not work. I saw no visible difference after the first wash like it claims and my hair was in the virgin stage - level 3. I found it useless compared to the Foam Color. I paid a good deal of money for it and feel like it wasn’t worth it. My hair felt dry and damaged after! I don’t recommend this product to anyone.
Elizabeth O.
Im a fan of John Frieda products, however I didn't like this one. It was easy to use in the shower, but the difference was so subtle that it was unnoticeable. I've tried it twice and will not buy again.
Katherine R.
Sayre, PA
This is getting a 3 because it did lighten my hair but barely. And it dried out my hair I had to use a ton of conditioner. Probably would work better if my hair war already died but it wasn't.
Sharlyne L.
I had previously dyed my hair red, and then gone over it with a dark brown box dye. It hasn't been my favorite color so when I saw this, I had to try it out. I really did notice my hair was lighter after using this! It was dramatically different, but enough for me and my mom to notice as well. My only thing is the smell. It's just like hair dye but almost a stronger scent. It was worth it though since you only leave it in for a couple minutes.
Heather L.
This product is absolutely AMAZING. It toned down any brassy-ness that I had and lightened my hair to 1shade like the product claims. I have black hair with a baylage (brown). It didn't lighten my roots (black) but it did leave a gloss of some sort that was evenly distributed. There's more dimensions to my hair now and I wish this product was available sooner. Highly recommend!
Abel R.
Los Angeles, CA
DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT! Absolutely terrible , it dried up my hair , did not lighten up in one use. It says that it lightens your hair by one use! LIES! Did nothing for mine. It could work for blonde hair but not dark with brown.
Brittany G.
Hampden, MA
I have mixed feelings about this product. I was looking for something to subtly lighten my hair, however this may have been a little too subtle. I have light blonde/brown or bronde hair and I noticed this mostly lightened the strands of my hair that were already fairly light. Also, it has a strong chemical smell.
Lauren T.
Fall River, MA
Not as good as the rinsing washes and conditioners. I'll stick to my usual routine
Amelie C.
montreal, QC
The in shower lighting treatment was easy to use and fast.
You just poured it on your hair and it acts like a shampoo it makes a mousse
that makes it easy to spread the product everywhere and not miss a spot. It
does smell very strong like dye cause of the ammonia and peroxide. And your
hair continues to smell like so for the next day. As for the results, I do have
very dark hair to begin with so I didn’t see much difference but maybe a little
bit lighter and more shinny. Maybe this product is less damaging then actually
dying your hair, but if I really wanted results and have lighter hair I would
of bought a hair dye book. I got this product for reviewing purposes.
Karen S.
Fenwick, ON
1 star for now.
I tried this tonight and I don't think it made my hair noticeably lighter. I followed the directions with respect to the amount of time to leave the product in. I did not follow with any of the corresponding lightening shampoos or conditioners.

I'll adjust my review if others notice a lightening effect, otherwise leaving it at 1 because I don't think it did anything on its own.
Leah S.
Rayland, OH
Has anyone left this in their hair longer than the suggested time? Did it make a difference?
Lauren M.
Does it lighten the hair color all over or bring out natural highlights more?
Liz H.
Overland Park, KS
How drying/damaging to your hair is this product?
Karen S.
Fenwick, ON
Any tips for using this? I'm going to try it out for the first time.