JOAH Blur Activator Mineral Primer

by Joah

#8 in Face Primer

Infused with Korean Camellia Oil, this lightweight, airy skin perfecting primer creates a veil-like effect on the skin which “blurs” imperfections leaving smooth, flawless skin. Foundation will glide on and set makeup for long lasting wear.

Benefits:

• Extends wear of makeup
  • Ideal for all skin types
  • Korean Camellia oil & Minerals protect skin from environmental factors
  • Minimizes appearance of redness, large pores, wrinkles & more

JOAH Blur Activator Mineral Primer hi, is it possible for me to have the complimentary product to try and for testing?
how can i have this product for free to try??
Where can this be bought at?
Start your review of JOAH Blur Activator Mineral Primer!
How would you rate this product?
Bonney Lake, WA
JOAH Blur Activator Mineral Primer uploaded by Kelly B.
JOAH Blur Activator Mineral Primer uploaded by Kelly B.
***Summary: This is a very less than average and disappointing primer that does not do as claimed.**** I received this primer complimentary by influenster to try, and had high hopes based on its claims and high reviews. Unfortunately it was nothing special- in fact really just not good at all. It had a very smooth and soft texture upon application, and I can imagine for completely normal skin types it might smooth the skin nicely for makeup. I felt it failed in all four main areas I find are most important for a primer- Blurring, pore filling, illuminating. and increasing wear of makeup. It did not have much of any blurring effect, which is the main claim of the product. Although initially it gave a soft canvas for makeup application, I didn’t feel it had much more of an effect versus properly hydrated skin. It did not fill my pores in any way or have any kind of mattifying effect on oily areas. I found my tzone ended up greasier than when using my normal pore filling primer in that area. It did not give any kind of glow to my skin, but actually gave my skin a slightly off dulling white cast. Lastly, and what I think most people use a primer for- it did NOT increase the wear time of my makeup. As you can see in the photo it made my very good tried and true foundation cling and emphasize texture on my face after about 7 hours. It gave my bronzer a weird tone by the end of the night. I am experiencing hormonal breakouts due to coming off of birth control, but with my normal primer/ foundation it covers my breakouts pretty well and all day and night long. This definitely does not. I have included a photo of the primer and my makeup after first application, and the second photo is after about 7 hours of wear. #voxbox @voxbox #influenster #joah @joah #joahbeautycampaign #primer #complimentary
JOAH Blur Activator Mineral Primer uploaded by Alyee H.
Let’s talk about how Joah Blur Activator Mineral Primer has become one of my favorite drugstore primers, even though it’s only half the price of my usual more expensive MAC primer! The formula is infused with Korean Camellia Oil and provides a light-weight smooth coverage. I love the pump dispenser, but be careful, because I find it pumps out a little more product than the dime-size amount needed to cover the entire face. I typically don’t like silicones in primers, because I feel they do absolutely nothing but fill up my pores. Unfortunately a good portion of their ingredients are in fact silicone, but I felt this actually worked well with my skin when compared to other inexpensive primers. At this point I’ve been using it for more than two weeks and I have not seen any issues with any new acne. I love applying this after my daily moisturizer and SPF and it goes on noticeably smooth. Afterward I make sure to give it at least a minute to settle before I start applying my foundation. Once applied you can see it visibly blurring the look of acne/scars and calming redness. It also settles nicely into my fine lines and makes them less apparent when my foundation is applied. It made my foundation last all day and I’ve had no issues with my makeup moving even after 12 hours. Aside from the over-abundance of silicone in the product, this is a great cheaper alternative to other primers out there.
Moline, IL
JOAH Blur Activator Mineral Primer uploaded by Kira C.
After just one use I was in love with this Joah Blur activator mineral primer and already searching for more Joah products! First off, the packaging is glass and feels very luxurious, and I love the convenience of the pump dispenser. The actual product is light& unscented, and applies easy and effortlessly. It instantly blurs, smooths, primes and protects skin! My foundation has never had such a flawless and full coverage ,yet still natural looking, finish.. I'm in love! My pores were minimized and my redness diminished, and my makeup lasted longer than usual and looked fresh and gorgeous all night! Plus the ingredients are amazing, the Korean Camellia oil & minerals protect skin from environmental factors like wind or sun, such an awesome added bonus in a primer! With all the good there is to this product, I'm surprised at the very affordable price of around $10! I definitely recommend picking up this primer, it outperforms most highend options I've used!
Sedona, AZ
JOAH Blur Activator Mineral Primer uploaded by Hay M.
The silicone in this gives the primer a velvety feel and look. The bottle and pump make the form factor super easy to use. I have mixed feelings about silicone but there’s a reason it’s in a lot of beauty products: it smooths everything out. If you like a satin/velvet type look and have normal-combo skin or even slightly oily-combo skin, you’ll probably like this a lot. I loved how it felt, but as someone that has dry-sensitive skin, my skin can react negatively to silicone. Silicone can trap debris under your skin, meaning if your skin is clean but you have any dead skin cells, your skin may breakout. Silicone also doesn’t allow moisture in, so if you’re someone who uses a hydrating skin care bb cream, you don’t really get to enjoy the benefits of it. Someone who would love this: - uses foundation that they DONT want seeping into their skin. Even mineral makeup which can be super heavy on skin and hard to remove. - wants a waterproof primer. I could see this being great for someone in a more humid environment (I’m currently in a dry environment). -has lines and pores that really bug them and wants them to be smoothed out. - has normal-combo skin or even slightly oily-combo skin and likes a satin finish. - wants to add a barrier to protect their skin even if they aren’t wearing makeup. Think tinted moisturizer without the tint and just a little glow. - does not have to constantly stuff off dead skin off their face (like I do). I’ve spent $50+ on primers before and this one rivals high end primers. I’d definitely put it in the same category, so for the price and for the right skin type/need, you’ll probably LOVE this.
Hillsboro , OH
I was pleasantly surprised with this primer I thought for sure this was gonna do nothing when receiving it but I was wrong. It blurred some of my pores, my uneven skin, imperfections, and my redness. I have higher end primers that I liked less then this. Some primers will clump up and make your foundation break apart looking as if you have very dry textured skin under it. When really it’s just the primer this one did not do that. My foundation and all other face products laid great over it everything looked good I can’t really say if it made my makeup last any longer but it definitely blurred I could tell that immediately. I got this for free to write a honest review on this is nothing more then that. I will not lie to receive free products this is my full honest opinion. It’s not gonna blur every single thing but your not gonna find many if any primers that will do that and for the price it does what it says it will. I recommend at least just to try everyone is different but my skin is far from perfect. I have redness, uneven skin tone, imperfections, large pores and I seen a difference after applying this. I hope this helps if you are looking into buying the primer JOAH Blur Activator Mineral Primer
Lodi, NJ
I'm really impressed with this product's performance and packaging given the price point. It has a very silky texture and really does an excellent job at blurring your pores. My stick foundation and loose powder foundation both laid down beautifully on top of it. I was also super impressed with the packaging, given the price point. It comes in a gorgeous frosted glass bottle with a pump. The reason I am docking it two stars is because that silky smooth feeling comes from loads of silicones - Cyclopentasiloxane is the first ingredient, followed closely by Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, , PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone and about four other silicones. Basically, this is a bottle full of silicone cocktail, which unfortunately can be very clogging for the pores. In fact I landed two zits within 2 weeks of starting to use this and I haven't had a zit in more than three months prior. If you are not acne prone, I'd recommend this as a budget-friendly primer option. However, if you have sensitive skin, it might be worth it to splurge on a higher-end product that contains fewer or no silicones. I received this product complimentary for testing purposes.
Boerne, TX
JOAH Blur Activator Mineral Primer uploaded by Heather W.
Let me start off saying I received this product complimentary to test and it is up there in my top 3 primers!! It goes on so smooth and really makes my skin look smooth! It’s texture felt weird at first but once you apply and smooth in it is wonderful! You can feel and see where you applied it and than it just feels and looks like your natural skin! I have used this under all of my favorite foundations and cc cream and even as a stand alone and have loved it every which way! It is long lasting and good for my skin so I highly recommend! I received this product complimentary for review purposes.
Scottsdale, AZ
JOAH Blur Activator Mineral Primer uploaded by Naomi T.
JOAH Blur Activator Mineral Primer uploaded by Naomi T.
I’ll be the first to admit that I’m not usually a budget shopper when it comes to beauty products so I was intrigued but sceptical when I received Korean beauty inspired Joah Beauty’s Blur Activator Primer complimentary via Influenster. After a week of use, I’m feeling positive towards the product, I love that it comes in a glass bottle with a pump, it’s much easier to control the amount of product than with a squeeze tube. It’s easy to spread over the face & has a velvety texture on application; the feeling on the skin is similar to Smashbox Photo Finish. It isn’t greasy or claggy and I think it would work well for the majority of skin types - I run dry. ⁣ ⁣ I wouldn’t say that the pore blurring is dramatic nor did I find it amazing at reducing redness. Where it did excel, was on the eczema patches around my nose. It smoothed over the top allowing me to use concealer effectively. ⁣ ⁣ I don’t wear foundation so can’t speak to how well it holds that on but it provides a good base for tinted moisturiser & powder with no pilling issues. ⁣ ⁣ Overall, I think this is a good primer for the price and I’ll happily use it all up. ⁣
Richwood, OH
I got this product for free for testing purposes from Influenster in exchange for an honest review. At first I wasn't sure what I thought and wasnt super impressed but after using it for awhile and paying closer attention to my make up I think this is a pretty good primer especially for the price. It's a bit thinner of a consistancy then I'm used to (more like a light liquidy lotion) I feel like it's slightly hydrating, not enough to combat super dry skin but I have noticed I haven't dealt with the occasional dry patches I'll get sometimes after applying my make up. Like others have said it does have a slight silicone feeling when first applied but it isn't something that lasts long. I tried this with both Bare Mineral original loose powder foundation as well as their Fit ID liquid foundation and found that I had good results with both. I havent notice any oxidation or other make up concerns at the end of the day and Ive been using this for a few weeks now. I do have acne prone skin and this didnt seem to cause any breakouts. I see myself purchasing this in the future and maybe trying a few of their other primers as well.
Boston, MA
JOAH Blur Activator Mineral Primer uploaded by Illsie A.
After a whole day wear test, this is how I feel about this primer. Right before I added the joah primer I did my usual apricot facial scrub, added facial toner, and went on to add my primer. Now keep in mind that my skin is acne prune skin, and oily as well. But can get dry during the winter months.i added my joah primer, and let the primer sink in few minutes, after few minutes I notice there were lots of white flakes around my forehead,so I went ahead and added moisturizer. I also noticed my face was very white. Well honestly I didn't paid it any mind because I thought it would go away after I added my foundation. Well, honestly I like how it made my skin feel , it felt very smooth, and makeup did not started cracking until about 4 hour later. Makeup did stay in place longer than usual. I like this primer, but unfortunately it made my face look white throughout the entire day as you can notice in the photo, there a major white flashback on my face. This photo was taken the wear test day. I will really like to give this 5 starts, but this is my personal experience.
Received complimentary sample from Influenster
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Dubai
10 days ago
JESSICA R. • 9 days ago
I think this campaign it`s over but maybe email them and try :)
Staff
TIRANE
a month ago
Steph M. • 18 days ago
Yes! I have dry and oily skin and it works so so well with me
Staff
TIRANE
2 months ago
Savannah G. • a month ago
I think it's good for the price. Not too thin (so it doesn't feel like liquid) and not too thick (so it doesn't feel like Vaseline going on).