BY JO-ANN FABRIC & CRAFT #4 in Craft Stores

• Is this similar to Michael's craft store?9 Answers
  • How do I get a craft box to review from here?1 Answers
  • What is your favorite section in Joanns?30 Answers
Jo-Ann Fabric & Craft
  • "I love how jo-anns has such a Great selection and easy on the pocket pricing for most of your crafting needs." in 10 reviews
  • "Love joann fabric but I much rather be in a hobby lobby because they have better prices and lot's of scrapbooking stuff " in 5 reviews
  • "I love Jo-ann fabrics- I can find most fabrics that I need- sometimes i just need to search, they also have most crafting supplies and some baking things too." in 5 reviews
  • "Make sure to sign up for their coupons and you will never pay full price again." in 3 reviews
Karen H.
Reedsport, OR
This review is about one single experience but it is a sample of the extraordinary customer service I have received from our local Jo-Ann Fabric & Craft.
 As part of my Mom & Dad’s 50th wedding anniversary
I ordered a wedding type cake from a local bakery.  I picked it up at about 5 p.m. the evening
before we were to drive over 4 hours to where they were at.  When I picked up the cake I was devastated…
it was literally a plain white two tiered cake.
No decorations AT ALL except for 4 metal cut-out things that they told
me was supposed to be lace!  IT. WAS.
AWFUL!  I had been very specific on what colors
and decoration I had wanted.  There was
no time or even a place to get another cake.
I am not artistic or crafty at all, and I had no idea what I was going
to do with this awful thing.

I went to Jo-Ann’s which happened to be across from the
bakery in hopes I could find something to decorate this cake with.  I told the lady working there what had happened
and she said “Oh, we have a gal who works here, Cathy, who is also a
professional cake decorator…but, she isn’t working tonight”.  The without hesitation she picked up the
phone and called Cathy who said “tell her not to leave, I’m on my way”.  She came in, on her night off, to help me and
didn’t know me at all.  She brought with
her pictures of cakes she had decorated and when we found one like what I had wanted,
she wrote down what I would need to get and how to decorate the cake with this
stuff!  I could not believe how kind,
sympathetic and beyond helpful that she was to me.

Needless to say she literally saved the day and my parent’s
50th anniversary celebration!
To make this even sweeter, when my Mom saw the cake she cried.  I had no idea that when she and Dad got
married they didn’t have any kind of a reception and she had never gotten a
wedding cake!  I have uploaded a picture
of the cake.  This was absolutely the
BEST customer service I have ever seen!
I have gone to Jo-Ann’s many times since and I always experience great
service… I only recommend them to anyone who asks for a crafter’s store that
has everything!

Chelsea G.
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I am an avid crafter, knitter, crocheter and seamstress. I like the convenience of Joann Fabric and the variety of fabrics and yarns that most stores have. Some are better than others. I do find that their prices are a bit steep. I think they’d benefit from a makeover of sorts. Overall fun to shop at, cute prints etc but it really depends on which store you go to as to how much or what they have in stock. Some stores are just awful.
Koraima P.
La Palma , CA
Whenever I'm im the hunt for home decor Joanns is one of my favorite stores to start at. They have so much it can be hard to choose from sometimes. And they always have things on sales & e-mail coupons everyday if your subscribed to them. They have everything for home decor? DIY peojects, crafts,fabric, holiday decoration etc.
Marquita S.
Richmond
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
I love Jo-Ann Fabric & Craft. They have the best selection of fabrics for pillows. There fabrics are affordable and come in a array of styles. A pro include a selection of fabrics and a con includes some supplies not being available. I would shop at Jo=Ann Fabrics again because I love their store.
Toni M.
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
One of my favorite favorite favorite stores to go to has the best selection and that you are and quilting fabric and yarn And all their crafting ideas they have it all my favorite stores did I mention my favorite
Cyndi W.
Delaware
I love shopping at JoAnn's as they are a great seasonal gifts & home decor items, but sometimes I feel like the prices are a bit high for some items; also, sometimes some of the stores are not kept up & are starting to look old & dirty so they need to maybe think about refurbishing them
Mikaela M.
Lake Ariel, PA
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
Joann's is the best place to get fabric and crafting supplies. My favorite purchase was the fabric I used to sew my daughter a quilt. The area I would choose to improve is pricing. I do browse quite a bit. I definitely anticipate shopping at Joann's again in the near future for sewing needs.
MELANIE B.
Henderson
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I was buying from here at least once a week. I was buying lots of fabric which I would buy when it was on sale and I'd use online coupons. I did this for months until I stumbled upon Hobby Lobby's fabric selection. Joanns does have a bigger selection but hobby Lobby has more trendy fabrics that are always 30% off and some have more discounts applied at the register. I haven't been back to Joanns. I also hated the long lines waiting for fabric to be cut. The ladies at the cutting counter hate life and they usually cut my yards uneven.
Becky L.
Akron, OH
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
I used to love Joann’s. It was my go-to. But over the years my needs have not been met there. I do love to get my floral from Joann’s though. Great quality and usually a good variety. I wish they had a better year round type of variety and not season specific.
Katie B.
Knoxville
I love Joanne. They always have a wide variety of stuff for crafters, especially fabric. Their prices are a little steep on some stuff but if you sign up for coupons and purchase their calendar you will save big time. The ones on the calendar are always amazing. This is my store when i get "me time" away from the kids. I can stay in here for hours!
Heather F.
What is your favorite section in Joanns?
Theresa E.
Johnstown, PA
Do you feel this store has more of craft items that you need?
Christie S.
Hinsdale, IL
I've heard the coupon policy at JoAnn is amazing. Does anyone have an experience with this? Can you stack coupons etc?
Jessica J.
Merritt Is, FL
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
Is this similar to Michael's craft store?
Ashley B.
Rolling Meadows, IL
Does Joanns offer beginning sewing classes?