Jillian Michaels Ripped In 30 DVD
Top Questions See all 64 Q&A
- "Just like in 30 Day Shred, the workouts on this DVD also use the 3 minutes of strength training, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of core work." in 11 reviews
1) The workouts are *slightly* longer than 30 Day Shred, I think because the warm-up and stretching parts are a little longer and more involved.
2) LOTS of new moves are incorporated here! You'll see some familiar exercises, such as side lunges and lunges w/ bicep curls, but Jillian did try to throw in some new stuff that is still very effective. She also claims that she doesn't repeat ANY moves in any of the other levels. I've only gotten through level 1 so far, but I'll take her word for that.
3) In the strength circuits, there are 3 different moves per circuit as opposed to just 2. I personally appreciated this because it allows for more variation, plus in the past I have had trouble doing 1 strength move for a full minute and now you do each strength move for 30 seconds. Very nice!
4) I felt like towards the end of circuit 3, things began to cool down a bit - for example, Jillian finishes the final abs circuit with crunches and reverse crunches, which aren't the most difficult ab moves. In her previous videos she pushes you hard throughout the end, which some people may prefer, but for people like me who have been craving a bit of a cool-down without sacrificing extra time, this is beneficial.
5) I like Jillian's assistants in this video. Some of you might be familiar with Basheera, who I originally liked a lot in 6 Week 6-Pack. Basheera is Jillian's advanced assistant once again, and I could tell even in level 1 she was getting winded and very tired. Fortunately she did not CHEAT, like Jillian's other advanced assistant in 30-Day Shred.
7) Jillian takes a lot of time and care in instructing form, which is crucial. In the strength circuits, some of the moves are conducted more slowly, but this is not to make it easier - it is to help you concentrate on form! The slower pace gave me more time to sink down lower and really concentrate on what I was doing. I felt in some of Jillian's other workouts, they would fly through some of the strength moves and I would be struggling to keep up and would instead exercise with poor form. This is NOT the case with this newest video!
6) The music is much, much better!
Ripped in 30 is by far my favorite Jillian Michaels workout video. I will continue to do it every other day and will throw 6W6P and the Shred in the mix as well. This is a very tough workout but it is enjoyable and goes by quickly. Totally recommend to ANYONE, whether you are beginner, intermediate, advanced, young or old, looking to lose weight or looking to stay in shape. You will NOT regret it!
*PS* - I have now lost 30+ lbs. using various Jillian Michaels workouts, 6 of those being lost after I started Ripped in 30, which I got just over a week ago! I am also much stronger, much more flexible, and no longer have pain from a wrist injury I sustained a couple of years ago. Really, if I can achieve all that, I'm sure anyone else out there can.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos