BY JILLIAN MICHAELS #2 in Fitness Classes & Programs

• The first day I started working out, I woke up sore AF the next d...5 Answers
  • Has anyone stuck to this and seen goof results?15 Answers
  • Do you recommend this if you're in great shape but experiencing a...10 Answers
Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred
  • "You get out of it exactly what you put into the workout, so it's stated multiple times that to achieve maximum results in just 30 minutes, you have to push yourself and Jillian does a great job of facilitating the workout even through a TV screen!" in 5 reviews
Lisa S.
I purchased this DVD several years ago and gained great results at the time. Well time has passed and I had replaced it with the gym. A few months ago I quit my gym membership to save money and thought I'd give the 30 Day Shred another try. I'm happy to report it is still as great and tough a workout as I remember! This time around I am more diligent about being consistent and I am seeing major definition in my arms and back, and starting to see definition in my abs!

I appreciate the modifications that are given for the different exercises. (I am currently on level 2 and using most of the modifications - I still sweat like crazy!) I also like how Jillian Michaels isn't the overly bubbly positive cliche - she admits that the workout is difficult and you can tell that she and the other two women in the DVD are working hard. I've been doing the DVD well over the 30 days, and I hope to start Level 3 next week. It's awesome that all you need are a pair of weights and a yoga mat. This workout DVD will be a part of my exercise regime for many years to come!
Malynda M.
New Riegel, OH
Pop Culture Expert
First off, I would give it 3 ½ stars. I've only done level one but it is a good, very intense work out. I felt great afterwards. Also, I really like the trainer. She motivated me to push my hardest to try and finish each exercise, which sometimes I couldn't do (and I consider myself to be in good shape). My biggest complaint about the DVD is that you are told to start with level 1 and then progress up to level 2, then level 3. But there is only one level 1 workout, one level 2 workout and one level 3 workout. As a result, you are doing the same workout every day until you can move up a level. This can get boring. In addition, you are working the same tired and sore muscles that you worked the day before. My other complaints are a bit petty: the music is terrible and you can't skip through some of the beginning stuff. As stated above, the workouts are great and extremely challenging but I wouldn't use this DVD alone.
Brittany Q.
Marlton, NJ
I love Jillian DVDs and this one is no exception! I love her 3-2-1 system, it really helps you get through the workout and make it feel achievable. It is a great workout without you waking up the next day so sore that you can't move. You feel strong and in 20 minutes you're on with the rest of your day. I did start with Ripped in 30 first and I will say for the most part I liked the moves in this DVD better, but the only think I dislike is that for strength, it's one move for 30 seconds and another for a minute and then repeat while Ripped in 30 is 3 moves for 30 seconds and then repeat. Doing the one move for a full minute is a struggle for me. Not impossible, but I would definitely prefer 3 moves for 30 seconds. I would absolutely suggest this and any of her other programs!! Jillian is the only person that has ever gotten me results.
Mary J.
I was recently stuck in a rut when I moved because I couldn't find a gym that I liked. I decided to give The 30 Day shred a try. I figured, it's a 20 minute workout and went into it not expecting dramatic results. I just wanted a workout that would get me active again and accountable that would also add weights to my daily routine. This did just that and so much more. I LOVE the format of this video. I challenged myself to do it for 30 day straight with no breaks. I completed it recently and LOVED the results. They weren't drastic, but they were noticeable to me. This video is great for toning and also getting your body used to doing workouts every day. It gave me the courage to take on harder workouts and now, I'm currently doing her Killer Buns & Thighs workout and am loving it.
Jennifer B.
Jillian really is the toughest trainer in America! I found her to be motivating the first few times I watched the DVD, but eventually I muted her and turned up my music. It made the experience a lot more manageable. For less than 30 minutes a day you definitely feel as though you got in a tough workout. I'm someone who is totally not motivated at the gym and I feel really insecure in them - its nice to be able to flip the TV on and pop the DVD in and go to town. All you need are some simple hand weights and a yoga mat. Anyone can do this workout... you just have to make sure you stick with it!
Sarah W.
Portage, MI
Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred is the best exercise dvd I have ever seen. It combines strength, cardio and abs in an interval system that helps you lose weight. The moves are not complicated and are easy to learn. The DVD includes 3 levels - beginner, intermediate and advanced. The workout is only 20 minutes but it sculpts your body, burns calories and increases your endurance. The hard part is sticking with it and doing the workout every day. I highly recommend the 30 Day Shred. It changes your body and gives you amazing results if you stick with it!
Andrea S.
South Bend, IN
I just started the 30 day shred program. I completed day 4 today. I love it so far. I've tried other programs including Kayla Itsines and this is the only one I feel like I'm actually going to complete. As soon as I think I can't do the exercise for 1 second longer, she switches to a new exercise. It really makes me able to keep going. Its only 20 minutes and easy to do in the morning. I love the 3-2-1 method of 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs for 3 circuits. I definitely recommend!
Marwa J.
Pop Culture Expert
I absolutely hate Jillian Michaels! Obviously, I don't know her in person, but just from what I see on tv. Having said that, her workout DVD 30 Day Shred is AMAZING! The woman knows her stuff. I finished day 1 drenched in sweat, by day 30 I had great stamina and was moving right along with her! Just be consistent and keep and
Doing it. Even if you can't finish sets, keep at it and you will by the end. Such a great workout!
Meredith B.
Definitely my go to overall body workout when I want to break a sweat and feel pushed. It includes warmup and cool down plus you alternate between cardio and strength through the the video so it adds variation. The exercises aren't complicated to copy and doesn't require much equipment. Also they give you the option to follow a girl with the beginners version of the moves or the experts version.
Victoria P.
Anderson, SC
I love this workout dvd! It helped me on my journey to become more active .. For the longest I had a huge fear of working out in the gym around other people so I bought this workout . I was able to lose 15lbs my first round I loved the fact that she had options for beginners to go at a easier pace..in no way is it easy it kicked my bu*t lol..but I believe anyone who tries it will love it!
Elle J.
New Orleans, LA
I am thinking about getting this. Is it worth it???
Tara R.
Denver, CO
What size/weight dumbbells do you use for 30DS?
Jaye W.
Masontown, PA
Has anyone stuck to this and seen goof results?
Meredith N.
Chesapeake , Va
What is your favorite workout from Jillian?
Kristy W.
I am thinking about getting this one, is it worth it? Or would one of the others Jillian has out be worth getting instead? What are your thoughts if you use them?