JetBlue Airways

BY JETBLUE #2 in Airlines

JetBlue  Airways
JetBlue Airways
  • "I have flown with jetblue before, clean plane, great customer service, staff was very welcoming and helpful in the plane." in 72 reviews
  • "It has so much more leg room in Coach compared to any other airline, not to mention that first checked bag is FREE under 50lbs." in 60 reviews
  • "JetBlue is one of my favorite airlines; unfortunately, there aren't any flights to/from the airport that is 5 minutes from my home." in 53 reviews
  • "I love the extra legroom and the prices, but recently they have changed their pricing, are no longer allowing a free checked bag, reducing legroom." in 41 reviews
  • "I think they are the best airline to travel on because not only do they still give free snacks but they also do not charge to check bags. " in 39 reviews
Claire P.
Claire P.
While JetBlue seems to be one of the cheapest airlines to choose from, it has other perks. I love how the first checked bag is free, and they also allow one carry on bag along with a personal item (which includes purses). I think it would be the perfect airline if you are not travelling more than a couple of hours. On a 6 hour flight, however, the seats are not very comfortable at all, but that is probably how most flights are for that long. I do love how they bring snacks around and you can choose what you want, and however many you'd like, and when you get a beverage they give you the whole can/bottle rather than just a cup. There's also free wifi and most channels on the TV are free, however the screen is not the best quality. The flight attendants are very kind as well. My last flight with them had a few delays due to the cold, windy weather in the northwest, but even with the delays we were told they would try to get there as soon as they could, and we ended up getting there about an hour before they assumed. And, within a few hours after the flight, we received an email with an apology and compensation credit for the delays. If you're looking for an affordable, yet still pretty comfortable trip, I recommend JetBlue.
Stephanie S.
Stephanie S.
I have booked travel for years as a part of my last handful of jobs and JetBlue has consistently been a regularly requested airline. I have always had good assumptions about the company because of this.

I recently took the dive on a cross country flight from LA to Boston and was somewhat disappointed. I heard ravings about newer equipment, extra space and better food options. The airplane we took was the same as any other old, yellowed, ashtrays covered up airplane. There was very little space, the televisions worked only half the time, and 90% of the food options on the 5+ hour flight were not available for purchase.

The staff also were incredibly loud and talkative in their area, so much so that I could hear every word and laugh of their conversations through my earplugs while trying to sleep (we were on a red eye) needless to say, I got zero sleep - this negating the advantage of taking a red-eye.

I'm sure someday I'll give them another chance, I'm just not jumping on it yet.
Charlie A.
Charlie A.
Globetrotter Expert
So my flight got diverted and they didn't tell me so I was put on a Virgin America flight, 6 hours later.. needless to say, I wasn't happy. On my way home I was on a jet blue flight, delayed due to weather, which I know is out of their hands. They finally let us board, and I felt more like I was on a city bus than a plane. Seats were tattered and tvs were scratched and remoteness broken. Pilot came out and forgot where we were flying too, then he said we weren't cleared to leave for another hour, but that he wanted to board us so that he could just "push us out on the runway and hopefully pressure them to let us go sooner" yes. This was real life. He appeared tired, hair was greasy and unkept, and so was his attire. They did in fact let us take off 20 minutes early, and we had the worst landing I've ever had in my whole time flying. Only reason I'm giving it 2 stars is because I survived the flight lol, really though.
Nicole C.
Nicole C.
casa grande, AZ
Flying gives me more anxiety than I'd really like to admit - panic attacks, as any other sufferer knows, are horrendous, so "willingly" booking a flight you know will bring these fears and attacks on is intimidating on its own. Add to this that I have a broken back and neurological disorder, so the pain from all that comes with traveling/flying doesn't help either. However, JetBlue has been fabulous! I flew from San Diego to Boston and am about to make my return trip. It's my first time flying JetBlue and I have been nothing but impressed. They let me pre-board (I was literally the first person to board and the pilot walked me to my seat personally and asked if I needed anything (pillow/ice pack for my back). Color me impressed. The seats weren't uncomfortable (I did luck out and we had the middle seat free in my aisle). Hoping my return flight is just as easy. Definitely a fan of JetBlue!
Victoria M.
Victoria M.
Durham, NC
I recently booked a nonstop flight to Boston using JetBlue Airways! The ticket was fairly cheap and I even added extra leg room and got a window seat. Overall the trip was very quick, about 2 1/2 hours. I loved that the TVs displayed how fast the plane was traveling and you could watch TV for free! The flight attendants were very helpful and offered a drink and snack complimentary. The one thing I did not like about JetBlue were the seats. They were very hard and felt very stiff. And the strangest of things happened to my ears on that flight. I usually never have an issue getting my ears to pop. I'm not sure if it was a fluke or if the cabin wasn't pressurized enough, but my ears were killing me. To the point I almost started crying, and almost had a panic attack! It was very strange. Overall, I would fly on JetBlue again!
Sharon B.
Sharon B.
Vernon, CA
I recently flew with jetBlue for the first time last week and it was a pleasant experience. They do give you a lot of legroom and I like the self-service snack bar and free wifi. I flew from Los Angeles to New York and I can't usually sleep in planes but I was able to take a nap. My only gripe is it didn't come with free checked bag. I had to pay $25 extra for that on top of the $70 I paid for the "even more space" option. The airfare for this trip was comparable to Virgin America, whom I fly with regularly. VA's upgrade is pricier than jetBlue's but I've always been able to check in my bag for free after an upgrade and it comes with much more perks. I guess it depends on what you're willing to pay and what amenities you can live without. You'll end up paying less on jetBlue. FREE WIFI is key here.
Aimee A.
Aimee A.
East Point, GA
JetBlue is my favorite airline. What is not to like? Most of their planes have a roomier cabin than their competition, most flights have free wi-fi, they give out free snacks (and good ones at that!), and they have some of the best customer service in the business. I always enjoy flying with them. Lately my biggest reason for choosing them is that they are cheaper than a lot of their competition to fly with my dog (11 lb Brussels Griffon) in the cabin with me under the seat. JetBlue currently charges $100 each way with a pet under the seat. Other airlines I've used have charged anywhere from $125-150 each way. So I'll gladly fly JetBlue with my dog as often as I can given that not only are they cheaper, but it's a much better experience overall, so it's a win-win!
Jessica P.
Jessica P.
henrico, VA
Globetrotter Expert
I used JetBlue at least three times a year! Its my favorite airline especially for my kids. They're able to get as many snacks or drinks as they want or need. I've also never experienced a bad staff member from JetBlue. I've been flying JetBlue for over 10 years now and I don't plan on switching Airlines anytime soon. The only change that they have made to their airline that I I'm not a fan of is the new tier system. I wish I could continue to bring one under plane bag like I used to be able to. However, that still not going to change me using them. don't fix what ain't broke and I'm doing just that. I also love the true blue points and all the stuff I can get with them. I still have great experience is and have no plans of leaving the JetBlue family.
Tricia S.
Tricia S.
Lorain, OH
Globetrotter Expert
I was not impressed when I flew with them. I arrived at the airport 2 hours before my flight, and there was no attendant to check me in. The kiosks did not work and I had to wait an hr for someone to show up. I had called customer service and they said someone was supposed to be there hrs before I had even arrived, but they said if there was only one flight they may decide to show up later. So I watched the employees slowly come in, they saw me waiting and not one made any contact with me. They came out and I had to wait for computers to work etc. I felt rushed to get to my gate and luckily I made it on time. The flight was fine, but like I said, I am just not impressed. I won't fly them unless I absolutely have to.
Maftuna K.
Maftuna K.
Brooklyn, NY
My sister and her husband were headed on their honeymoon to the Bahamas. Everything was paid for ahead of time and all set to go. They left Ohio, went to Detroit to get a flight to Fort Lauderdale and from there, Jetblue Airways was taking them to the Bahamas. Come to find out once they landed in Fort Lauderdale, their flight with Jetblue canceled 2 days ago. They were not notified in anyway. They went through hoops trying to catch a flight still today and found one but it has a 5 hour layover. They are missing out on an entire day of their planned and paid for activities due to this inconvenience and incompetence. No customer representative was willing to help them or try to compensate for their loss.
Christine T.
Christine T.
Staten Island, NY
Is this your favorite airline to travel with?
Laura D.
Laura D.
Belfast, ME
Globetrotter Expert
Where is the best seat on an airplane?
Yajaira S.
Yajaira S.
Who else likes JetBlue Airlines
Samantha M.
Samantha M.
What is your favorite destination you've flown to, with Jet Blue?
Amanda S.
Amanda S.
York, PA
Globetrotter Expert
Jet Blue vs. Southwest? How do they compare?