BY JEROME RUSSELL

With over 30 years experience, Jerome Russell is a world leader in the hair color industry. Our products contain the highest quality ingredients. We don t use acid dyes, since these can stain the scalp and cause color bleed on clothing and bedding. We are cruelty free we do not test on animals. A major force in the U.S. market, Jerome Russell products are in thousands of beauty and retail outlets throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and internationally. Jerome Russell has an extensive product line and we strive to provide excellent customer service. Features: Colors that condition and shine. Last longer on chemically treated or bleached hair. Europe's latest colors created by David Jerome for bleached and chemically treated hair. Punky Color will give a highlighted effect when used on darker hair. No peroxide required. Available Colors: Flamingo Pink-1412, Purple-1448, Turquoise-1440, Lagoon Blue-1434, Rose Red-1422, Plum-1418, Violet-1428, Atlantic Blue-1404, Fire-1410, Midnight Blue-1414Dimensions:3.5 oz-All dimensions listed are approximations.

• How long does this color last?2 Answers
  • I've always wanted to dye my hair dark purple and now that summer i...1 Answers
  • Can this be diluted to a lighter purple with conditioner?3 Answers
Buy on ULTA*
Megan D.
Megan D.
Martinez, Ga
Plum is a very beautiful color and goes well with everything. Get ready for the compliments.
Instructions 1- style your hair place color where you would like it I didn't bleach my hair. The color before gold light brown . I left it on 4hrs which is ok it will not damage it. I rinsed with cold water and use color safe no sulfate shampoo and I spray leave in conditioner . Love it!
Cintia C.
Cintia C.
San Jose, CA
I love this hair color brand!! I use the violet color more and it leaves my hair with such long lasting beautiful color! It last super long and I absolutely love it! I have naturally black wavy hair and it does not damage my waves and the violet complements my black roots. 150% would recommend!
Michele J.
Michele J.
Great color, long lasting, fades beautifully. If you have dark hair you'll have to bleach it first to get and intense color. The smell is fantastic, which may sound odd in a hair color review.
Mandi K.
Mandi K.
Battle Creek, MI
This stuff is so amazing I don't use anything else I leave in overnight wash the next day n touch up roots as needed.. vibrant color for weeks..
Sierra B.
Sierra B.
Washougal, WA
Long lasting color, that smells awesome and makes your hair very shiny. You can leave it in longer for intensified results as well. I will say though, that the shade plum is a lot more of a raspberry than one might imagine, but is still beautiful. It works well on natural un-bleached hair as well, will just give a highlighting effect that wows in direct sunlight. I typically bleach my hair to a medium shade of brown and it picks up the color beautifully and shows as a dark purple even indoors on my dark hair. Longer lasting and thicker than Manic Panic, but less color options. Can be mixed to create custom shades, however.
Melissa R.
Melissa R.
Rockdale, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Best purple I've ever used... And I've used a BUNCH. I used the color Violet, and it smelled like grape. It goes on beautifully and lasts for months. Stays super vibrant. When it finally does fade, it turns into a silvery lavender color. It's not expensive and you can use it more than once.
Rebecca P.
Rebecca P.
Florence , AL
I am blown away by the quality of these dyes. I had previously been using Pravana Vivids Locked-In for my dip-dyed purple tips, but I became tired of re-coloring every single weekend in order to keep the color vibrant. I picked this up in Ulta because a friend recommended it, and I am floored. The color *does* bleed a little, but not nearly as badly as you'd think, and only if you don't rinse it well after you dyel (be sure to rinse until the water runs CLEAR). I've washed and flat-ironed several times over the last two weeks and the color has barely faded at ALL. New Holy Grail dye for this plum-tipped princess.
Katherine R.
Katherine R.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I totally love this!!! I used plump color mixed with flamingo pink to get the color that I wanted, the color last about 3 weeks using a color protection shampoo. And the smell is delicious xD
April K.
April K.
Jerome Russel's Punky Color is my go-to brand for dying my hair. It always smells great and is long-lasting. Unlike other brands, I find this does not bleed color onto pillowcases and towels and such, but rather stays in my hair. Like all semi-permanent colors, it does eventually fade. However, I find that the colors always fade to something pretty and flattering, rather than looking washed out.

Even when diluted in conditioner, the color payoff is still incredible, and lasts a long time. However, when applied directly, the Plum color is a very charming deep purple, one that looks nearly black in dim light. I will continue to use Punky Color as long as I want my hair to be dyed!
Danielle M.
Danielle M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
These are great. Bleached my hair and used a mix of violet, magenta, and silver to get the perfect fading purple...and the stuff took 8 weeks to fade to a point of needing work! (Photo of just purple used after one wash)
Lucky C.
Lucky C.
Can this be diluted to a lighter purple with conditioner?
Maria F.
Maria F.
How long does this color last?
chantal l.
chantal l.
I've always wanted to dye my hair dark purple and now that summer is coming up I can because I'm not allowed to at school. Plum or violet. Are there any highly recommend ones? I've looked online for hours but different people say contradicting things so I need help
Dianna L.
Dianna L.
Edmonton, Alberta
How potent and vibrant is this colour? And what's the staying power? Considering trying this out in place of manic panic