BY JEROME RUSSELL

With over 30 years experience, Jerome Russell is a world leader in the hair color industry. Our products contain the highest quality ingredients. We don t use acid dyes, since these can stain the scalp and cause color bleed on clothing and bedding. We are cruelty free we do not test on animals. A major force in the U.S. market, Jerome Russell products are in thousands of beauty and retail outlets throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and internationally. Jerome Russell has an extensive product line and we strive to provide excellent customer service. Features: Colors that condition and shine. Last longer on chemically treated or bleached hair. Europe's latest colors created by David Jerome for bleached and chemically treated hair. Punky Color will give a highlighted effect when used on darker hair. No peroxide required. Available Colors: Flamingo Pink-1412, Purple-1448, Turquoise-1440, Lagoon Blue-1434, Rose Red-1422, Plum-1418, Violet-1428, Atlantic Blue-1404, Fire-1410, Midnight Blue-1414Dimensions:3.5 oz-All dimensions listed are approximations.

• I've always wanted to dye my hair dark purple and now that summer...2 Answers
  • How long does this color last?3 Answers
  • Can this be diluted to a lighter purple with conditioner?4 Answers
Buy on ULTA*
Kirsten M.
I just used this brand for the first time a week ago, I used to use manic panic. In comparison Jerome Russell’s punky color smells better and bleeds way less then manic panic. Defiantly buying more. My only complaint is that I purchased purple from amazon and the label clearly shows it as a dark purple but it’s really more fuschia and my hair turned out pink (which I’m fine with because I was debating between pink and purple) just wasn’t what I was expecting
Larissa H.
Dsrt Hot Spgs, CA
I got this and turquoise in January and I’ve dyed my hair three times and still have leftover dye! It’s so pretty and vibrant and it shows up on dark hair (little to no difference between my bleached blonde hair and brown roots)
Lizette T.
Mission Viejo, CA
Okay. This smells like candy. I’ve had to stop myself from smelling it for fun. It goes on your hair so well and fades so beautifully. I love this. Absolutely recommend to anyone who love bright and bold colors
Brittney W.
Spokane, WA
I put this over my light green and blonde hair. I let it sit 2 hours and the color payoff was amazing. This is a semi permanent dye so expect color on your tub, hands, neck and pillow case until you wash your hair a couple times. Vaseline around your hairline helps with this. I love how soft my hair is after coloring.
Celene M.
If you are looking for a vibrant hair dye, this is the one! I loooove this hair dye not only does it smell soo good but it also last a long time for a semi permanent hair dye. The colors are so pretty by far my favorite is plum even when it starts to fade it fades to a pretty color. It doesn't stain the clothes like splat and if you have thick hair i recommend you buy 2 bottles
Melissa R.
Austin, TX
Best purple I've ever used... And I've used a BUNCH. I used the color Violet, and it smelled like grape. It goes on beautifully and lasts for months. Stays super vibrant. When it finally does fade, it turns into a silvery lavender color. It's not expensive and you can use it more than once.
Bri R.
This color brand is great! I LOVE the smell, it smells fruity. The color deposit is amazing and depending on if you wash your hair everyday or a couple times a week it can last a few weeks. Adding some into conditioner creates a great DIY toner.
Rebecca P.
Florence , AL
I am blown away by the quality of these dyes. I had previously been using Pravana Vivids Locked-In for my dip-dyed purple tips, but I became tired of re-coloring every single weekend in order to keep the color vibrant. I picked this up in Ulta because a friend recommended it, and I am floored. The color *does* bleed a little, but not nearly as badly as you'd think, and only if you don't rinse it well after you dyel (be sure to rinse until the water runs CLEAR). I've washed and flat-ironed several times over the last two weeks and the color has barely faded at ALL. New Holy Grail dye for this plum-tipped princess.
Katherine R.
I totally love this!!! I used plump color mixed with flamingo pink to get the color that I wanted, the color last about 3 weeks using a color protection shampoo. And the smell is delicious xD
April K.
Jerome Russel's Punky Color is my go-to brand for dying my hair. It always smells great and is long-lasting. Unlike other brands, I find this does not bleed color onto pillowcases and towels and such, but rather stays in my hair. Like all semi-permanent colors, it does eventually fade. However, I find that the colors always fade to something pretty and flattering, rather than looking washed out.

Even when diluted in conditioner, the color payoff is still incredible, and lasts a long time. However, when applied directly, the Plum color is a very charming deep purple, one that looks nearly black in dim light. I will continue to use Punky Color as long as I want my hair to be dyed!
Lucky C.
Can this be diluted to a lighter purple with conditioner?
Maria F.
How long does this color last?
Dianna L.
Edmonton, Alberta
How potent and vibrant is this colour? And what's the staying power? Considering trying this out in place of manic panic
chantal l.
I've always wanted to dye my hair dark purple and now that summer is coming up I can because I'm not allowed to at school. Plum or violet. Are there any highly recommend ones? I've looked online for hours but different people say contradicting things so I need help