BY JEROME RUSSELL #58 in Semi-Permanent Hair Color

With over 30 years experience, Jerome Russell is a world leader in the hair color industry. Our products contain the highest quality ingredients. We don t use acid dyes, since these can stain the scalp and cause color bleed on clothing and bedding. We are cruelty free we do not test on animals. A major force in the U.S. market, Jerome Russell products are in thousands of beauty and retail outlets throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and internationally. Jerome Russell has an extensive product line and we strive to provide excellent customer service. Features: Colors that condition and shine. Last longer on chemically treated or bleached hair. Europe's latest colors created by David Jerome for bleached and chemically treated hair. Punky Color will give a highlighted effect when used on darker hair. No peroxide required. Available Colors: Flamingo Pink-1412, Purple-1448, Turquoise-1440, Lagoon Blue-1434, Rose Red-1422, Plum-1418, Violet-1428, Atlantic Blue-1404, Fire-1410, Midnight Blue-1414Dimensions:3.5 oz-All dimensions listed are approximations. see more...

• How does this brand compare to Manic Panic or Beyond the ...1 Answers
Jasmine C.
Malone, NY
Teal blue color!  Was stuck on this color for ages.  Wish it came in a bigger size tub because the original packaging is Soo small.  Buy like three if your hair is below shoulders and you're doing your whole head.  Fades very nicely to a mint shade then washes completely out.
Michele V.
I actually used the colour "artic blue" but I can't find that one on here so I'll just write it on another blue lol. But I really loved artic blue, it lasted 2 weeks!
Alicia O.
The very first time I used this dye (not pictured) I hadn't bleached my hair even half as light as I should've (because it was my first time using bleach) and it came out green. The second time was earlier this year and it came out so much better! (I was no longer afraid of bleach, which helped.) But it faded within a week. I tried to maintain it for a couple weeks, but ended up mixing it with a darker blue dye so that it would last longer. It's a really nice color if you can get it to last, but it just didn't like my hair. It is really conditioning, so I didn't mind so much that I kept having to touch up. But I had really short hair and if you have longer hair I imagine it would get annoying fast if you kept having to redye it.
Liz T.
Brings back memories! This stuff has been around for decades, and there's a reason.

It smells great (like grape candy), looks great, and is really easy to apply. For those that haven't used it.. It stains skin and everything else, so I always added a thick conditioner around my hair line when applying. It's also very gentle on hair, but it's because it's more of a stain than a dye. The best time to apply it is right after lightening your hair because it works really well on porous hair. If you don't lighten first it just doesn't last as long.

When I dyed my hair blue and wanted to keep it blue longer I added some of the dye to my conditioner. Stained a little bit that way but easily washed off my hands in the shower.
Marielena R.
Montebello, CA
Amazing color! the Blue Lagoon is bright and vibrate. The Dye smells like grape . Its easy to apply. One of the reason why I love this color band it didn't stain my scalp . I was able to leave the dye on all night long till the morning for great result . The Color last up month and a half. In my opinion I would buy this better than Manic Panic.
Kat H.
I use this color for April which is Autism Awareness month. April 2nd is worldwide Light It Up Blue day. This dye smells great, is gentle on my hair, and gives me the exact shade of blue I'm looking for to help spread awareness for my son and others like him. It does work best over bleached hair.
Felicia F.
Bethlehem, PA
I had high hopes for this hair dye. I was left a bit disappointed. It smells really really good. The fact that it doesn't come with gloves is a bit odd, and an inconvenience. Also, it just didn't work. You could only tell my hair was blue in indirect sunlight. Even then it was only slight.
Talisa N.
Rio dell, CA
I love this color for highlights in dark hair. I can put it over my brown hair and it's still very vibrant and I love it.
Marcelli C.
Is the best brand of semi-permanent toners that I use, the colors have good pigmentation and fixation 😍💙💚
Asha S.
How does this brand compare to Manic Panic or Beyond the Zone that you can get at the local beauty store? I use Beyond the Zone and the color stays for a couple months with slight fading... how does this product compare?