Jeffree Star Velour Liquid LipstickInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY JEFFREE STAR COSMETICS #3 in Lipstick

Our liquid lipstick goes on opaque, dries completely matte and stays on for hours! This product is 100% vegan & cruelty-free! (tips before use: exfoliate with lip scrub then apply to bare lips! Avoid food with oil… and no making out, kisses are ok!)

Also: Paraben & Gluten-Free / 0.19 oz.

Ingredients: Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Synthetic Beeswax, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain (+/-) Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Red 7 Lake (Cl 15850:1), Red 30 Lake (Cl 73360), Yellow 5 Lake (Cl 19140), Blue 1 Lake (Cl 42090), Red 28 Lake (Cl 45410)

• WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick ????7 Answers
  • These look really pretty are they affordable?5 Answers
  • Beautybay.com has 50% off some Jeffree Star cosmetics included. U...1 Answers
Media (2094)
Kelsey O.
Kelsey O.
Fishersville, VA
Jeffree Star produces some of the better liquid lipsticks that are currently on the market. There are, of course, some downsides to the product which are very subjective and not all people might agree. The line offers a wide variety of shades; however, I wish they were available in stores so swatches could be done. That being said, I have not been disappointed in any shades I have ordered.

The thin application makes these liquid lipsticks more comfortable during application and throughout the wear-time. They apply very opaquely and MOST of the colors are not streaky. Keep in mind that everyone will have a different experience with wear-time because saliva is unique; however, on me these liquid lipsticks last through non-oily meals and throughout a 7-8 hour work shift in a restaurant. Due to the long wear-time and comfort, these have easily become one of my favorite brands of liquid lipsticks.

I deducted a star for several reasons. While they are very comfortable and long wearing, most of the lipsticks have a scent that is so strong it makes my eyes water. In my opinion, some smell strongly of chemicals and root beer and some just smell like paint. This is subjective because some people enjoy the smell but to me they are not appealing. Thankfully the smell subsides after it has dried.
Another reason I deducted a star was because sometimes they are very hard to get your hands on. Often times the good shades are sold out; however, Jeffree Star is realizing this issue and overstocking products so this does not happen so I believe in a few months this issue will be completely resolved.

Overall this is a great product with a wide variety of shades. They are comfortable and I do not believe people would be disappointed when ordering and receiving this product.

lauren a.
lauren a.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I personally love jeffree star cosmetics i think they are the best by far i have so many liquid lipsticks and this is my go to when i want a liquid lipstick or just a lipstick to stay all day i know his will last through anything. I can eat drink talk for hours and this will still be on with no odd patches on your lips it doesn't wear away anywhere it stays all day. I have applied this on in the am and taken it off when going to bed and it still was there! Its a very creamy but thin formula so it helps if you do want to reapply it nothing looks odd. I also find this is less drying then others out there yes it lasts for anything without that dryness to your lips. I usually have to apply a balm on my lips befre going in with a liquid lipstick but honestly i don't have to do that with this. I do exfoilate before hand but thats with any lip product otherwise you will see all the dry areas. I think its more affortable for what you get and you get a lot specially if you don't have to keep applying you get more bang for you buck. This liquid lipstick doesn't sattle into any lines on my lips either i havnt had a problem with any bleeding out the lines or lips so in my book this is the perfect liquid lipstick out there today! I also have to say its kiss proff so go ahead kiss away this wont budge. If you have a special ocassion this is a must have!
Valentina V.
Valentina V.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I applied balm before the lipstick, and it did feel nicer on my lips with those balm. A bit tacky, not much. I found it faded but not much. I tried to touch my lips with my finger and a little transferred.
I applied just enough amount of lipstick, just a layer, and it has sheer coverage on my lips but still covered the lips with the beautiful pigmentation, it looked so GORGEOUS on my neutral face even without makeup! I even tried to put two layers and it looked gorgeous! Yet, if you put balm, it makes you matte lipstick or liquid lipstick transfers more easily rather than completely matte. I think that what's happen with matte lipstick, right?
Tried quite a lot of matte liquid lipsticks, and I think I am into this! I'm looking forward to get another one!

Pros:
- Smells nice and light
- Cute and sturdy packaging (bottle and lip applicator are transparent), it does look expensive
- The wand helps to apply wonderfully
- The shades are fantastic and unique

- Nice longevity
- Looks quite natural on the lips
- Suitable for very minimal and natural make up (most of matte liquid lipstick looks nice on full make up)
- Sheer yet buildable to full coverage
- Not tacky

Jacki G.
Jacki G.
Warrenton, OR
Scorpio looks good on me and I'm a taurus lol!! So I've never had anything negative to say about products that I have actually written reviews on but there are a few things about this product that just really get to me!! Firstla Ila start good I would like to say that jeffree star has an awesome knack for out of the box colors and the pigments are amazing!!! Of course packaging is beautiful and very attractive which I'm a sucker for! I'm also a suckered for amazing smells and these smell just horrid! I have tried every old color and a couple knew and every single one smelled like cat spray. It's overwhelming and awful. Once it dries that goes away but as your applying and trying to get past that initial smell, you may consider as I did throwing them away or something other then applying them. Id say no they are not worth the money for this alone. The texture isn't great it's thin and slightly gritty at least for me and when in shipping they seem to spill out often because of how liquidy. Since these are only available online it's more laborious to return or exchange. All in all they aren't as worth it to me as they are to others.
Ciara A.
Ciara A.
Beauty Junkie Expert
The liquid velour lipsticks are by far my favorite formula! The packaging is sturdy, pretty, and the doe-foot applicator is the best applicator I've ever had on a lipstick. These last all day even through eating meals. They're very comfy and dry down to a matte formula. They are transfer-proof! I have a few different colors:  ~ Posh Spice: is a grey taupe color. It is the perfect color for every day wear.  ~ Celebrity skin: A soft brown nude with peach undertones. Beautiful color, root beer scented. It is a little light, even for myself and I am very pale. So if you have a darker skin tone you might want to look up swatches first. ~ DIrty money: A soft green that is supposed to mimic the color of money. LOVE this color. It's such a unique color but it isn't too loud. Perfect for when you want to step a little outside of your comfort zone but not too much.  ~ Crocodile tears: dark green ivy color. This lipstick has a cotton candy scent but it definitely is not too strong and disappears within 30 seconds.
Nicole F.
Nicole F.
Beauty Junkie Expert
JS Liquid Lipsticks are my favorite liquid lip formulas that I have tried thus far. In my experience, they are by far the least-drying of all the formulas/brands I have tried. I also love the application want....thick and fuzzy wand that applies precise, and covers well! I like that they don't dry super quick, as I like to mix colors to make my own new shades too. Other brands dry almost instantly after applying, making it difficult to mix colors, and causing a goopey mess when trying to apply thicker layers. These have very little transfer, which is also a plus with having a child. I don't have to decide between leave lipstick marks all over her and having boring lips. I wish JS would offer more shades, though. JS seems to prefer more bold shades, and I am more on the conservative side with nudes, pinks, and purples. Mannequin and Celebrity Skin are my go-to shades, although I like to use Gemini quite a bit, and if too intense, I tone it down by mixing in a little bit of Drug Lord on top.
Morgan S.
Morgan S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
CAN WE JUST!! These are hands down the best liquid lipsticks I've ever used, and trust me I've used a lot. The packaging is fun and the product will blow you away. I learned about Jeffree Star Cosmetics through being a devoted YouTube fan of his channel. My sister and I decided to purchase several shades of this product during the Black Friday sale. They have exceeded all expectations. Lightweight, easy and smooth dispersion of product, and long lasting finish make these liquid lips a huge win for me. I did have to reapply throughout the day to maintain the look but I was fine with it. I also think it is worth mentioning that these dry down quickly and do not leave a tacky feeling on your lips. They are truly matte. Celebrity Skin is my favorite everyday shade. It is an excellent nude and it has a really fun root beer scent. Androgyny is a beautiful deep color that is better suited for slightly dramatic looks or for fall/the holidays. It has a weird scent but the website explains why.
Alyssa J.
Alyssa J.
Roselle Park, NJ
The color selection is unlike any brands out there. If you want bold and vivid lips, look no further. The best part of this line is he also has many nudes and pinks as well. The packing is great. Cute and durable. I love that the cap has a firm "lock" closure to it. It smells great and it's buttery smooth to apply. It dries quickly to a matte finish. You can combine shades for a custom look or layer shades for an ombré effect. This formula will STAY ALL DAY. I can apply this at 8 am and when I arrive home at 10pm I still had to take my lipstick off. Currently obsessed with
Celebrity Skin, I'm Nude, Rose Matter, Gemini and
The one downside is that they do sell out in the matter of minutes and they are only available through Jeffree's website on launch days (though Morphe does carry limited quantities of his brand) Jeffree personally oversees the whole process and it's very clear because he has worked to release only the best products he can possibly make. Worth the hype and the wait!
Jackie G.
Jackie G.
Columbia, MO
Beauty Junkie Expert
This review will be a little long since it encompasses multiple shades (Scorpio, posh spice, and abused). For reference, I mostly use these types of lipsticks during intensive fire dance performances where it's easy for lipstick to just sweat off over time. I bought all of the lipsticks from his website and they came within about a week.

Scorpio: I'll give this one three stars. This is the newer formulation and unfortunately it just goes on a bit streaky. I like the color and will continue to work with it; this is the only one I've had streaky application issues with.

Posh Spice: LOVE THIS. Five stars. This is a perfect nude shade for me. I would describe this color as a gray beige and it's gorgeous. As of the time I write this, it's currently sold out -- one thing about these lipsticks is that the restocks are few and far between.

Abused: bought this color for a clowning act! I used it on my lips, eyebrows, and part of my nose. It didn't stain at all and the color is more indigo
Khadija B.
Khadija B.
Medley , FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is the best liquid lip brand I've tried and I've tried Kylie, Kat Von D, ABH, Dose of Colours, Colourpop, Sephora and Sacha . The formula is really long wearing- I can eat and drink and it will remain on and it's very comfortable on the lips. It does not dry out your lips and you feel like nothing is on. They aren't moisturizing but they aren't drying either.
Some people complain about the scents but not all are the same. The owner has spoke about how adding scents can change a formula. I have most of the line and can only think of one with an off putting smell and that dissipates quickly. It does not smell on the lips. The summer collection has a watermelon scent but most others don't have a discernible scent at all.
The pigmentation is awesome and the shade range is really wide as well. They go quickly when in stock but he updates you via his social media (jeffreestarcosmetics on Instagram ) as to when restocks are taking place. This is a lip product well worth the money.
Morgan H.
Morgan H.
Worth the hype? I hate the Kat von d one I have so would I like this?
Claire R.
Claire R.
Beauty Junkie Expert
How long do these typically last on your lips? What do the results look like a few hours in?
Kennedy E.
Kennedy E.
Waunakee, WI
Ive always wondered, are they kiss proof?
Alondra V.
Alondra V.
I've been curious to try them but I'm a little hesitant. Is it a good product? And what colors would you guys recommend ?
Lindsay M.
Lindsay M.
Costa Mesa, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does the color transfer or stay put?