BY JEAN PAUL GAULTIER

Fresh spicy amber, vanilla and wood, an alluring scent. see more...

Armida L.
Davidsonville
I’ll be the first to admit: I bought it because of the bottle. How could I resist that curvaceous, frosted-glass corset? As soon as I saw Jean Paul Gaultier’s Classique Eau de Toilette on Fragrantica, I knew I had to have it, no matter what it smelled like. I rationalized the purchase by looking at the main notes and deciding that it really did sound like a scent I’d enjoy. (Sweet? White floral? Vanilla? I’m there!)

Now that it’s sitting on top of my dresser, I must admit that I’m feeling some buyer’s remorse. The bottle is gorgeous, of course, but the fragrance is just a bit… too much. Too sweet, perhaps? Too powdery? Too “mature”-smelling? I’m not sure what it is, exactly, but it’s just a little too much. My husband doesn’t like it, either.

I haven’t completely given up hope; the fragrance might grow on me over time, as some things are wont to do. In the meantime, at least, I have a delightful little boudoir ornament to gaze at while I reach for other perfumes.
Melody C.
Cheyenne, WY
This is another one of my favorites. Sweet smelling a little fruity the fragrances notes of Ginger, Orange blossom and Vanilla. I truly enjoy using this classic perfume.
Barbara L.
Arlington, VA
So classic, so iconic. I love this bottle, never mind the scent. I had it once, kept the bottle, bottle broke I bought an inspired version that I actually prefer the scent. It's one of those things, if this is not you, why would you buy again? It's not me, but sure is a lot of people for a long time.
Mary B.
Greeley, CO
This is my signature perfume, what I wear almost daily. I own several others but this is my holy grail favorite. It is a beautiful scent, very feminine, I love it.
Liza P.
sunrise
I've always wanted to try this scent. now that i have seen all the great reviews, i will puck up a bottle.
Chikis M.
meridian id
Este perfume es uno de mis favoritos , su aroma suave y duradera que va conmigo todo el día
Shanii Z.
A very lovely smell. Hint of fruity and flowers but not a childish scent. Price is resonable for this perfume and it lasts a long time with regular use.
Alayna T.
Mounds, OK
This smells so sweet and it comes in a beautiful package. Plus it comes in a pretty big bottle
maria eduarda s.
Americana-Sp
Camie G.
Reseda, CA
Any fresh kind of smell to it??