BY JCAT BEAUTY #56 in Lip Stain

Amy W.
Litchfield, MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
This lip stain came in one of my subscription boxes and I was less than happy with it. It had very little color payoff, the oil or water didn't stay mixed with the rest of the product and when you put a dab of product on finger, you would get straight up oil. I was not pleased with this at all!
Tiffany B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
These lip paints were touted as a dupe for Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics OCC Matte Lip Tar but they ARE NOT. These lip paints by JCat are thin, patchy, and separate in the tube so terribly. I can't get a consistent color to even come out of the tube... It's a goopy mess of thick pigments and runny oil. If you could even get it on properly, I imagine they'd be smudged all over in minutes by how oily they are. I wouldn't recommend.
Cait N.
Overland, MO
Beauty Junkie Expert
The color is absolutely gorgeous and once it wears off the stain it leaves on your lips is so pretty and naturally lovely looking. BUT it wears off quickly, gets everywhere, and if you put on too much initially it feathers so bad.
Susan S.
Tucson, AZ
Beauty Junkie Expert
I got this free from ipsy and I was skeptical at first because it looks so dark in the tube, but it's a great lip stain with a great range of shades depending on how many layers of it you put on. Sometimes it was too liquidy of a lip stain to stay on for so long, but it looked fantastic when it was on.
Renee N.
Sacramento, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I loved the color of this lip tint. I think it goes with a ton of skintones. The thing I don't care for is that it gets everywhere. It gushes out so it ended up on my fingers, my shirt, and on my chin. So even tho its amazing and lasts all day if you get it on your chin it again stays there all day.
Jessica H.
Penfield, NY
I received this lip paint in a monthly subscription bag, I do not love the color, mostly because I can't find anything it goes with. But I do love how long the paint lasts. A little goes a long way here.
Julie M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This stuff is usable. I do not like it, though. The color is streaky unless applied perfectly. It is so hard to appply. This may be better for someone who has a steadier hand than me. I cannot even use the OCC lip tars. This compares to those.
Courtney G.
Conway, AR
Beauty Junkie Expert
i love this color! However, I hate the tube it comes in. This product can get very messy very quickly. It produces a beautiful long lasting color but can be hard to get a clean application. Probably will not purchase again.
Cinthya M.
This product is very nice. The color is beautiful. and it will last a while. The only thing is, it gets a bit greasy while in the container, so naturally when you squeeze some out to apply it, you get an oily product. You can just wipe away the first couple of squeezes until you get some clean product, but no one wants that right? That's using up your product faster! But other than that, it is a very nice product, and I love it!
Kennedy P.
Plano, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
I got this product in my lip monthly bag this month. The color (by-the-bye) is a beautiful deep hot pink. The formula is quite runny so I use this as a mixer. I was expecting it to be a little thicker.

I don't see it as practical since it does not dry. Also, I have to put multiple layers for it to be opaque on the lips. Overall, the color is beautiful, but the formula and smell are not the best.
April H.
San Antonio, TX
Has anyone ever tried anything else from this brand?
Sammy J.
Magna, UT
I'm always looking for new lip colors, I'm always worried they are too watery. Does this run or smear easy?
Amreen S.
Missouri City, TX
Are these sticky? How pigmented are they?
Devin O.
Hillsboro, OR
Does this crack or smear after eating?
Sarah H.
Chicago , IL
How does J cat lip tar compare to OCD lip tar? J cat seems thin and difficult to put on evenly..