BY JAPONESQUE #21 in Makeup Tool Cleaners

Makeup Brush Cleanser - The Japonesque Makeup Brush Cleanser is the preferred cleaning solution for gently cleaning, conditioning and disinfecting fine brush hair. This environmentally safe cleaner dissolves all types of makeup products including powder, liquids, wax based and adhesive. - Makeup Brush Cleanser see more...

• Do you feel that this cleanser does a thorough job of get...3 Answers
  • Is this cleanser better than the solid one? 2 Answers
  • I have used the Elf one before and was not happy with it....3 Answers
Erica J.
Plymouth Meeting
I have this in the Citrus scent and I absolutely love it. The Citrus is so nice and refreshing. I had quite a few brushes that I had gotten lazy about cleaning that I've used for things like concealer and Foundation that really stain and clog in the brushes. This took seconds on a paper towel. It was crazy how clean the brushes were afterwards. The only thing I didn't like about it is that I felt like I used a lot of it to get the brushes cleaned and it did leave them seeming a little greasy afterwards. But it will be my new go-to quick brush cleaner.
Kaia L.
Vacaville
Review for: Japonesque Makeup Brush Cleanser more...
I love this make up brush cleaner. It does an excellent job of dissolving all types of makeup products while gently cleaning, conditioning, and disinfecting fine brush hairs. It has a citrus smell to it. I would definitely recommend this product!
Flannery C.
Review for: Japonesque Makeup Brush Cleanser more...
I aaa searching high and low for a good, affordable brush cleaner after I realized just using water olive oil and soap was pulling the bristles out of my brushes. This is great and gets my brushes clean quickly and thorough but I do wish it was slightly less expensive!
Cayla G.
Manassas, VA
Just got this to clean my brushes. I've never used it before but it works very well and my brushes have no stains or leftover makeup in them! It's about $4 less than the IT Cosmetics brush cleaner. While I like it, I think I'd like the coconut scented one better than the rosewater scent.
Kaila W.
Mullens, WV
It works good but I didn't know it was scented when I bought it. It smells like roses. I would buy again just not the scented kind
Karlota S.

This is a super effective product I love clean my brushes in an incredible way is fantastic

If it has good value is a bit expensive but worth it for such a good product

I bought it online after a lot of people had recommended it to me

Of course I would buy it again is perfect to clean my brushes
Ana A.
West Covina, CA
I hated this brush cleaner. The smell is so strong an overpowering that it left all my brushes smelling horrible strong. I'm usually ok with smells, but this was too much. I have used A cleaner from target that leaves my brushes smelling good and clean without the extra super strong smell. I paid $14+ for it an immediately regretted it....
Chelsea B.
This cleanser smells SO good! I use it in between brush washes, & it gets the make up off my brushes really well. It's liquid, but it doesn't really feel wet when you spray it onto your brushes... if that makes any sense. But I definitely recommend trying this product out, especially the rose water scented one! You can buy it at Ulta!
Melissa M.
Works great the product comes off my brushes very quickly. Not the cheapest but it’s worth the price
Joslyn P.
Bellevue, NE
Review for: Rosewater Scent more...
I will say it works but it leaves an oily residue behind and I have to wait for it to dry. You don’t get a lot in the bottle and if you’re me you have a lot of brushes and a lot of clients waiting on you too.
Sammie S.
Goleta, CA
Does this leave a residue on your skin after you've cleaned your brushes with it?
Renee B.
I have used the Elf one before and was not happy with it. so my question is does this smell nice and dry fast?
Amanda C.
Trenton, NJ
Do you feel that this cleanser does a thorough job of getting your brushes clean?
Annie G.
Downers Grove, IL
Is this cleanser better than the solid one?
Anya J.
Lincoln, NE
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I've been looking at different brush cleansers, and this one has caught my eye a few times. How fast does it dry?

back