BY JAPONESQUE #11 in Makeup Tool Cleaners

Makeup Brush Cleanser - The Japonesque Makeup Brush Cleanser is the preferred cleaning solution for gently cleaning, conditioning and disinfecting fine brush hair. This environmentally safe cleaner dissolves all types of makeup products including powder, liquids, wax based and adhesive. - Makeup Brush Cleanser see more...

• Do you feel that this cleanser does a thorough job of get...2 Answers
  • Is this cleanser better than the solid one? 2 Answers
  • I have used the Elf one before and was not happy with it....3 Answers
Chelsea N.
West Hills , CA
Review for: Japonesque Makeup Brush Cleanser more...
This was one of the first brush cleaners I tried and sadly it didn’t work for me . I found that this made my brushes oily after they dried . Like it had a oily residue on it and then Id have to wash my brushes to get rid of that oiliness . And I wanted a brush cleaner to clear my brushes in between when I do makeup on clients . And this brush cleanser didn’t do that because it made my brushes oily and I can’t apply makeup with oily brushes you know . The only thing that’s good about it is the smell . It has a strong citrus smell but other then that I was very disappointed with this . But yeah I don’t recommend this at all .
Dreaa P.
Vallejo, CA
This is a no for me. It has a really strong citrusy Smell. I wouldn’t mind the smell if of faded after a while but it doesn’t. The worst thing about this product is that it leaves the brushes feeling extremely greasy. It takes forever for the brushes to dry.
Melinda J.
This was a greasy oily mess. I used it twice and never again. The spray got everywhere and made a mess of my entire make up station, desk, tools etc. I will not use this again!!!
Delinda B.
Lancaster, KY
I really don’t like this product it leaves product in my brushes so I have to clean them and repeat the process a couple of times. Which is a headache when you have a lot of brushes to clean.
Jan a.
I buy this brushes cleanser hoping that will keep my brushes in a good condition. Is very oily I don’t feel that my brushes got cleaned up, the when I need to use the brushes I was feeling the eyeshadow sticking to the oily brush not getting it in my eyelids, maybe I did something wrong but this product is soo not for me. I wonder recomen this product.
Monique M.
San Jose, CA
This cleaner left my brushes feeling like they're covered in oil. I don't like it at all and don't reccomend it
Danica F.
This was a bit of a let down considering Japonesque is an awesome brand. I don't like the smell and it takes me awhile to really clean my brushes using the cleanser. It takes a while for the product to remove. Considering the size of it, it's quite small but handy. But since i have tons of brushes to clean weekly, this isn't enough especially when I have to keep spraying and cleaning just in one brush.
Ana A.
West Covina, CA
I hated this brush cleaner. The smell is so strong an overpowering that it left all my brushes smelling horrible strong. I'm usually ok with smells, but this was too much. I have used A cleaner from target that leaves my brushes smelling good and clean without the extra super strong smell. I paid $14+ for it an immediately regretted it....
Nicki H.
Phoenix
Review for: Japonesque Makeup Brush Cleanser more...
This dissolved the glue on my brushes and made all the hair fall out☹️. Only good with their own brushes.
Sydney E.
Charlotte, NC
Review for: Parian Spirit Professional more...
I did not have a great experience with this brush cleanser. It leaked everywhere! I did not like the scent. This was the first brush cleanser I ever tried and it made me want to go back to just using soap and water. Not a fan. Would not recommend.
Sammie S.
Goleta, CA
Does this leave a residue on your skin after you've cleaned your brushes with it?
Renee B.
I have used the Elf one before and was not happy with it. so my question is does this smell nice and dry fast?
Annie G.
Downers Grove, IL
Is this cleanser better than the solid one?
Amanda C.
Trenton, NJ
Do you feel that this cleanser does a thorough job of getting your brushes clean?
Anya J.
Lincoln, NE
I've been looking at different brush cleansers, and this one has caught my eye a few times. How fast does it dry?