BY JAPONESQUE #11 in Makeup Tool Cleaners

Makeup Brush Cleanser - The Japonesque Makeup Brush Cleanser is the preferred cleaning solution for gently cleaning, conditioning and disinfecting fine brush hair. This environmentally safe cleaner dissolves all types of makeup products including powder, liquids, wax based and adhesive. - Makeup Brush Cleanser see more...

• Do you feel that this cleanser does a thorough job of getting you...2 Answers
  • Is this cleanser better than the solid one? 2 Answers
  • I have used the Elf one before and was not happy with it. so my q...3 Answers
Marilena G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Omg this is liquid gold. I have never used a better cleanser. It melts away everything, foundation, eyeliner, you name it. It doesn’t dry out your brushes. The best!
♡Rebecca
I have the rose water one and the smell is so strong that I can never finish cleaning all of my brushes. I really like the smell if I don't have to clean more than one brush.
Paulynna S.
This makeup cleanser is perfect to get rid of the stain and bacteria out of your brushes. It doesn’t give me any allergic reactions to it because sometimes I get sensitive skin. Also it smells good so you don’t have to worry about your makeup brushes smelling like chemicals!
Mary M.
Phoenix, AZ
Beauty Junkie Expert
It really gets the job done! You only need a few sprays and it gets everything out of the brush. It's a bit pricey, but it's a really good brush cleaner! If you have the money, it's definitely worth the price.
BreeAnna C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
It works good but the citrus scent is kind of overwhelming. I also don't like how oily the product is. It makes me think there are a ton of oils going from my brushes to my face.
Marlena T.
Oxford, MA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I got a small size of this in the Rose Water scent. I agree with the reviewer who said that the product does not take the place of a good soap and water wash ( for which I use solid brush cleaners), however this product is excellent for use in between washes. I have sensitive skin / rosacea, and there are many things that may trigger a flare up ( including dirt and bacteria)-- so for that reason I like to keep my brushes very clean, it is also great if you need to switch colors quickly and need to get excess product off your brush. All in all this is a good product and affordable if you can get it on sale ( ULTA often has BOGO 50% on Japonesque).
Ebonee R.
Laveen, AZ
Beauty Junkie Expert
I just recently started using this cleaner, since i received it for gratis at work. I do like this cleanser, especially when working on clients. Its very easy to spray on and product will come off when using a paper towel or cloth. This product is something that works best for a working mua. For someone who doesn't work with clients and just needs a cleanser, I wouldn't recommend this. Its also only great for smaller brushes, it doesn't really penetrate dense makeup brushes.
Katie H.
Tiverton, RI
I picked up the travel size of this product on a whim at Ulta, and it does a surprisingly thorough job of cleaning my brushes very quickly. It comes in two scents- citrus and rose- and while I thought I'd prefer the rose scent, I actually find it to be way too strong. Therefore, I find it great for cleaning brushes between uses, giving the scent time to dissipate, but it's hard for me to give a quick clean to a brush right before using because of the strong smell. If scents don't bother you, or if you happen to particularly like citrus or rose, definitely give this a go!
Veronica B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is a really nice brush cleanser. It's easy to use and has a fresh scent. I would definitely recommend trying their bar cleanser first but if you prefer a spray this one is nice. :) It gets moderately sudsy and leaves my brushes feeling soft. I feel like I go through this product really fast because of how often I am cleaning my brushes, but it's still one of my faves. I'd recommend it to someone looking for a nice spray cleanser for their brushes.
Amy F.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is my absolute favorite makeup brush cleaner! It has a interesting formula. It's oily but not...if that makes sense. It is oily in that it will clean even the most long wear makeup but it doesn't leave a greasy residue. It is also super gentle, so it doesn't rough up your brush bristles. I love it so much. The original, has a slight citrus scent which is pleasant. It also comes in a rose water fragrance as well.
Renee B.
I have used the Elf one before and was not happy with it. so my question is does this smell nice and dry fast?
Amanda C.
Trenton, NJ
Do you feel that this cleanser does a thorough job of getting your brushes clean?
Annie G.
Downers Grove, IL
Is this cleanser better than the solid one?
Sammie S.
Goleta, CA
Does this leave a residue on your skin after you've cleaned your brushes with it?
Anya J.
Lincoln, NE
I've been looking at different brush cleansers, and this one has caught my eye a few times. How fast does it dry?