BY JAPONESQUE #16 in Makeup Tool Cleaners

Makeup Brush Cleanser - The Japonesque Makeup Brush Cleanser is the preferred cleaning solution for gently cleaning, conditioning and disinfecting fine brush hair. This environmentally safe cleaner dissolves all types of makeup products including powder, liquids, wax based and adhesive. - Makeup Brush Cleanser see more...

• Do you feel that this cleanser does a thorough job of getting you...2 Answers
  • Is this cleanser better than the solid one? 2 Answers
  • I have used the Elf one before and was not happy with it. so my q...3 Answers
Joan A.
Wellness Guru Expert
WORKS WONDERS! I bought randomly at Ulta when they had it on sale for buy one get one free. It does not disappoint let me tell you. A couple sprays on the brush, rub it on a terry cloth or paper towel, and BAM it's CLEAN! I love this! I use it every day on my brushes and at the very end of the week I do a full deep cleaning on my brushes. It takes off all gunkiness from my dip brows and gel liner. Takes off all traces of lipstick from my lipstick brushes too. I tell all my girlfriends about this product and do so recommend this gem.
BreeAnna C.
It works good but the citrus scent is kind of overwhelming. I also don't like how oily the product is. It makes me think there are a ton of oils going from my brushes to my face.
Angela B.
Wimberley, TX
Wellness Guru Expert
This is a great brush cleaner . It’s easy to use and dries fast. The smell is a little strong,but not overpowering. I like it better than other cleaners I’ve tried. I’d recommend it !!
Marlena T.
Oxford, MA
Wellness Guru Expert
I got a small size of this in the Rose Water scent. I agree with the reviewer who said that the product does not take the place of a good soap and water wash ( for which I use solid brush cleaners), however this product is excellent for use in between washes. I have sensitive skin / rosacea, and there are many things that may trigger a flare up ( including dirt and bacteria)-- so for that reason I like to keep my brushes very clean, it is also great if you need to switch colors quickly and need to get excess product off your brush. All in all this is a good product and affordable if you can get it on sale ( ULTA often has BOGO 50% on Japonesque).
Katie H.
Tiverton, RI
I picked up the travel size of this product on a whim at Ulta, and it does a surprisingly thorough job of cleaning my brushes very quickly. It comes in two scents- citrus and rose- and while I thought I'd prefer the rose scent, I actually find it to be way too strong. Therefore, I find it great for cleaning brushes between uses, giving the scent time to dissipate, but it's hard for me to give a quick clean to a brush right before using because of the strong smell. If scents don't bother you, or if you happen to particularly like citrus or rose, definitely give this a go!
Veronica B.
This is a really nice brush cleanser. It's easy to use and has a fresh scent. I would definitely recommend trying their bar cleanser first but if you prefer a spray this one is nice. :) It gets moderately sudsy and leaves my brushes feeling soft. I feel like I go through this product really fast because of how often I am cleaning my brushes, but it's still one of my faves. I'd recommend it to someone looking for a nice spray cleanser for their brushes.
Stephanie L.
Gill, MA
Amazing cleanser! I need just two spritz of this cleanser on my brush, swirl the tip of my brush on almost any surface (sometimes even my wrist) in circular motions until I notice that the stain on my brush is gone, and all takes under 15 seconds! My brush afterwards is completely clean and ready to be used immediately. No hassle of manually cleaning and drying my brush ever again.
Kristen S.
Dundalk, MD
I really like this cleanser for my brushes. I find that the smaller the brush the better it cleans. My large brushes (such as a powder brush or blush brush), it takes a few times to get it fully clean. My eyeshadow, brow and eyeliner brushes seem to get clean a lot faster. The smell is sometimes a bit too chemical for me but if I rinse it enough the scent doesn't really stay on my brushes. The price is a little too high for me also as I feel I can use baby shampoo and it does the job as good as this.
Marissa G.
Pennsburg, PA
I love this brush cleaner! The product comes right off with only a few sprays, and it doesn't leave my brushes feeling greasy at all. I have used it multiple times and I still have about 2/3 of the bottle left. I would definitely recommend this product for anyone who needs a brush cleanser!
Jessica F.
Buffalo Grove, IL
I have been using this brush cleaner for a while. It cleans my brushes very efficiently, and is able to get the loose powder out of them very well. I mainly use it for my eyeshadow brushes. I'm pretty obsessed with cleaning them after every time that I use them, and this spray helps me do so.
Renee B.
I have used the Elf one before and was not happy with it. so my question is does this smell nice and dry fast?
Amanda C.
Trenton, NJ
Do you feel that this cleanser does a thorough job of getting your brushes clean?
Annie G.
Downers Grove, IL
Is this cleanser better than the solid one?
Sammie S.
Goleta, CA
Does this leave a residue on your skin after you've cleaned your brushes with it?
Anya J.
Lincoln, NE
I've been looking at different brush cleansers, and this one has caught my eye a few times. How fast does it dry?