BY JAPONESQUE #16 in Makeup Tool Cleaners

Makeup Brush Cleanser - The Japonesque Makeup Brush Cleanser is the preferred cleaning solution for gently cleaning, conditioning and disinfecting fine brush hair. This environmentally safe cleaner dissolves all types of makeup products including powder, liquids, wax based and adhesive. - Makeup Brush Cleanser see more...

• Do you feel that this cleanser does a thorough job of getting you...2 Answers
  • Is this cleanser better than the solid one? 2 Answers
  • I have used the Elf one before and was not happy with it. so my q...3 Answers
Caroline B.
Caroline B.
It cleans your brushes, but it leaves an oily residue on my brushes, which obviously interferes with how your makeup goes on. If you're looking for a quick clean, I recommend the BareMinerals "Quick Change" or itCosmetics "Brush Bath" over this.
Amanda O.
Amanda O.
Winter Garden, FL
This product cleans the brushes well but the spray sometimes goes too wide and gets everything around the brush head soaked. It's more of an oil feeling cleanser that makes the brushes a little slick.
The japonesque is one of my favorite makeup brush cleansers! I have the tidewater one and it smells phenomenal! It thoroughly cleans my brushes very easily. I would recommend this product to a friend!
Jade N.
Jade N.
Fargo, ND
This brush cleaner is alright. I do not feel like a spray really removes left over makeup but if you use it a few times a week it would help
Chelsea B.
Chelsea B.
This cleanser smells SO good! I use it in between brush washes, & it gets the make up off my brushes really well. It's liquid, but it doesn't really feel wet when you spray it onto your brushes... if that makes any sense. But I definitely recommend trying this product out, especially the rose water scented one! You can buy it at Ulta!
Stacy J.
Stacy J.
Caledonia
Maybe I'm not using this cleaner correctly but it seems to just make my brushes greasy. Doesn't seem to get all of the makeup off the brushes.
Amy L.
Amy L.
Mundelein, IL
Love this brush cleanser! A little oily but it gets the job done. Just spray a mist on your brush, wipe it off and dry your brush.
Kaila W.
Kaila W.
Mullens, WV
Wellness Guru Expert
It works good but I didn't know it was scented when I bought it. It smells like roses. I would buy again just not the scented kind
Nicole M.
Nicole M.
Harrisville, RI
Great brush cleaner. I love that I spray it on and it's dry. I can reuse a brush as soon after I spray. There is so crazy scent which I also like.
Lisa A.
Lisa A.
Canyon Cntry, CA
This cleaner does the job quickly. This was one of the first brush cleaner I have used and it takes off the makeup after quite a few scrubs on a paper towel. That is the only problem I have with this: it takes a while to actually get the makeup off. But it dries quickly and smells great :)
Renee B.
Renee B.
I have used the Elf one before and was not happy with it. so my question is does this smell nice and dry fast?
Amanda C.
Amanda C.
Trenton, NJ
Do you feel that this cleanser does a thorough job of getting your brushes clean?
Annie G.
Annie G.
Downers Grove, IL
Is this cleanser better than the solid one?
Sammie S.
Sammie S.
Goleta, CA
Does this leave a residue on your skin after you've cleaned your brushes with it?
Anya J.
Anya J.
Lincoln, NE
I've been looking at different brush cleansers, and this one has caught my eye a few times. How fast does it dry?