3 colors available

BY JAPONESQUE #16 in Makeup Tool Cleaners

Makeup Brush Cleanser - The Japonesque Makeup Brush Cleanser is the preferred cleaning solution for gently cleaning, conditioning and disinfecting fine brush hair. This environmentally safe cleaner dissolves all types of makeup products including powder, liquids, wax based and adhesive. - Makeup Brush Cleanser see more...

• Do you feel that this cleanser does a thorough job of getting your ...2 Answers
  • Is this cleanser better than the solid one? 2 Answers
  • I have used the Elf one before and was not happy with it. so my que...3 Answers
Joan A.
Joan A.
WORKS WONDERS! I bought randomly at Ulta when they had it on sale for buy one get one free. It does not disappoint let me tell you. A couple sprays on the brush, rub it on a terry cloth or paper towel, and BAM it's CLEAN! I love this! I use it every day on my brushes and at the very end of the week I do a full deep cleaning on my brushes. It takes off all gunkiness from my dip brows and gel liner. Takes off all traces of lipstick from my lipstick brushes too. I tell all my girlfriends about this product and do so recommend this gem.
Marlena T.
Marlena T.
Oxford, MA
Wellness Guru Expert
I got a small size of this in the Rose Water scent. I agree with the reviewer who said that the product does not take the place of a good soap and water wash ( for which I use solid brush cleaners), however this product is excellent for use in between washes. I have sensitive skin / rosacea, and there are many things that may trigger a flare up ( including dirt and bacteria)-- so for that reason I like to keep my brushes very clean, it is also great if you need to switch colors quickly and need to get excess product off your brush. All in all this is a good product and affordable if you can get it on sale ( ULTA often has BOGO 50% on Japonesque).
Veronica B.
Veronica B.
This is a really nice brush cleanser. It's easy to use and has a fresh scent. I would definitely recommend trying their bar cleanser first but if you prefer a spray this one is nice. :) It gets moderately sudsy and leaves my brushes feeling soft. I feel like I go through this product really fast because of how often I am cleaning my brushes, but it's still one of my faves. I'd recommend it to someone looking for a nice spray cleanser for their brushes.
Devin A.
Devin A.
Eclectic, AL
A great but for those who hate washing their brushes once a week. I use this when I feel like cleaning my brushes in between washes. It keeps you from having to wash your brushes every week and cleans them and dries fast. This was one of the better impulse buys (because it was but one get one free at Ulta) that I have done. To me a must for repurchase.
Allison M.
Allison M.
Lifesaver for my poor makeup brushes. I have a foundation brush that I haven't cleaned since I first got it, and it only took a few spritzes of this cleanser to completely clean it out. Word to the wise, the scent is ridiculously strong. Like, some of my brushes still smell like citrus. It doesn't really seem to go away.
Jess D.
Jess D.
Pittstown, NJ
Love it! Cleans all my brushes perfectly. I've been using this brand exclusively for well over a year now. It isn't too pricey for what you get and you don't need a ton to clean your brushes.
I have this on hand at all times.
Patricia P.
Patricia P.
Union, NJ
Not the greatest brush cleanser in the world but also not bad. It's good for sanitizing but personally I prefer to use baby shampoo or zote as a deep brush cleaner because they're much cheaper and it gets out the stains from my brushes.
Amanda R.
Amanda R.
Cherry Tree, PA
This is pretty oily which leaves a weird texture in the brush, but it is good for spot cleaning. It's very fast and takes all of the color off your brushes, it's also affordable. I would recommend this and will likely repurchase. Just don't like the way it feels
Jas. J.
Jas. J.
Wellness Guru Expert
I love love love this brush cleaner it literally gets your brushes so clean. I find that certain foundations leave a different type of residue due to thickness. However, This brush cleaner handles it all ! I bought it at Ulta for $14 & don't regret it at all
Beatrice R.
Beatrice R.
Oakland , CA
Wellness Guru Expert
I love the smell of this product. This is great for a quick change of color while doing make up. Would not recommend if you're trying to really deep clean your brushes. You can get a good deal at ulta when this product is on sale.
Renee B.
Renee B.
I have used the Elf one before and was not happy with it. so my question is does this smell nice and dry fast?
Amanda C.
Amanda C.
Trenton, NJ
Do you feel that this cleanser does a thorough job of getting your brushes clean?
Annie G.
Annie G.
Downers Grove, IL
Is this cleanser better than the solid one?
Sammie S.
Sammie S.
Goleta, CA
Does this leave a residue on your skin after you've cleaned your brushes with it?
Anya J.
Anya J.
Lincoln, NE
I've been looking at different brush cleansers, and this one has caught my eye a few times. How fast does it dry?