BY JAPONESQUE #16 in Makeup Tool Cleaners

Makeup Brush Cleanser - The Japonesque Makeup Brush Cleanser is the preferred cleaning solution for gently cleaning, conditioning and disinfecting fine brush hair. This environmentally safe cleaner dissolves all types of makeup products including powder, liquids, wax based and adhesive. - Makeup Brush Cleanser see more...

• Do you feel that this cleanser does a thorough job of getting you...2 Answers
  • Is this cleanser better than the solid one? 2 Answers
  • I have used the Elf one before and was not happy with it. so my q...3 Answers
Kait S.
Tinley Park, IL
Not good at all. The smell of the spray is horrible even though it does get the job done very easily and quickly I can’t stand the smell that it leaves my brushes. I got it on sale so it wasn’t a huge loss for my money but I can’t stand the smell I don’t even use it anymore. It does leave my brushes soft and gets the product out.
Julie U.
Sherman Oaks
When I need to clean my brushes in between clients this is my go to! It deep cleans so well and dries super fast!! In the long run the only thing I don’t like is that eventually the bristles feel dry and brittle but I deep clean with vitamin infused cleansers and it helps. Still recommend, I also love the scent!
Sarah M.
this brush cleaner is ok. i find that i have to use a lot of product to get my brushes semi clean even when i'm just doing a quick clean of them. i find that the sprayer gets the product everywhere and it leaves a gross , oily residue. i also found that some of my brushes are starting to feel dryed out from using this. i purchased the rosewater scent bc i was in a pinch for a cleaner and that was the only one in stock when i went. i hate the smell , i think it's disgusting and it gives me headaches. this cost almost 20$ at Ulta. this isn't worth the time or money , i'm not going to repurchase and i wouldn't recommend this to anyone else.
Madame B.
West Covina, CA
Really good for on the go brush cleaning. I used it least a few times a week. Removes all makeup from my brushes so easily, even my eyeliner brush that get covered in black gel liner. But the scent is VERY strong. It’s a nice citrusy smell but if your sensitive to scents than maybe try something else.
Rhi S.
Charlotte, NC
This is a great day to day makeup brush cleaner, I spray on a paper towel and it gets all of the excess makeup out of my brushes. Being a makeup artist I need a Dependable brush cleaner that will clean my brushes quickly and efficiently between clients. This is my go to
Aziza W.
Brooklyn, NY
Well not my favorite, I really do like this cleanser. I tend to use it sparingly because it can be a big greasy and leaves residue on my brushes. I tend to mix it with a little bit of 70% alcohol to cut down on the oiliness. My clients tend to enjoy the orangey scent 😊
Eri V.
Sarasota, FL
I love this brush cleanser! Japonesque has a variety of smells including Rose and citrus this brush cleanser is great at deep cleaning your brushes without leaving them too wet so you can use them again in a few minutes! It also leaves the brushes smelling amazing.
Kelsey G.
Dallastown, PA
I don’t like this product very much at all. It’s VERY greasy and leaves a strange film on my brushes. Don’t get me wrong, it does the job and gets all the makeup off but I don’t like the way it makes them feel. I’ll stick to dish soap and olive oil for my brushes!
Dreaa P.
Vallejo, CA
This is a no for me. It has a really strong citrusy Smell. I wouldn’t mind the smell if of faded after a while but it doesn’t. The worst thing about this product is that it leaves the brushes feeling extremely greasy. It takes forever for the brushes to dry.
Ashley M.
Wellness Guru Expert
I love this cleaner. It removes everything from your brush and dries quickly. The only thing I don’t love is it tends to be a bit oily. When cleaning my brushes I feel like I’m spraying oil everywhere and it hangs in the air and get on anything surrounding.
Renee B.
I have used the Elf one before and was not happy with it. so my question is does this smell nice and dry fast?
Amanda C.
Trenton, NJ
Do you feel that this cleanser does a thorough job of getting your brushes clean?
Annie G.
Downers Grove, IL
Is this cleanser better than the solid one?
Sammie S.
Goleta, CA
Does this leave a residue on your skin after you've cleaned your brushes with it?
Anya J.
Lincoln, NE
I've been looking at different brush cleansers, and this one has caught my eye a few times. How fast does it dry?