BY JAPONESQUE #11 in Makeup Tool Cleaners

Makeup Brush Cleanser - The Japonesque Makeup Brush Cleanser is the preferred cleaning solution for gently cleaning, conditioning and disinfecting fine brush hair. This environmentally safe cleaner dissolves all types of makeup products including powder, liquids, wax based and adhesive. - Makeup Brush Cleanser see more...

• Do you feel that this cleanser does a thorough job of getting you...2 Answers
  • Is this cleanser better than the solid one? 2 Answers
  • I have used the Elf one before and was not happy with it. so my q...3 Answers
Nathalie C.
Norfolk, VA
Review for: Japonesque Makeup Brush Cleanser more...
It works well but is expensive for what you're getting. I usually love their line of products but this was pretty basic and I would rather save my money and use baby shampoo. Will not buy this again.
Shannon S.
Youngstown, FL
This stuff works decent it's my first brush cleaner I normally use dove bar soap, but this stuff is pretty cheap and easy to use. I usually use this every 2 days depending on colors used and how much product is in them. I wish it was more like a bar of soap instead of a spray and wipe and rinse I just feel like it's not getting my brushes completely clean.
Pan S.
I usually don’t invest in cleaner...because I found that shampoo works just fine...but this cleaner melt ur makeup off effortlessly ....it does not only melt the outer layer but deep down to the deepest bristles ....I still have to rinse it off with shampoo to get the greasy feeling off ....but it does get every bit of makeup off ur brushes
Jan G.
I buy this brushes cleanser hoping that will keep my brushes in a good condition. Is very oily I don’t feel that my brushes got cleaned up, the when I need to use the brushes I was feeling the eyeshadow sticking to the oily brush not getting it in my eyelids, maybe I did something wrong but this product is soo not for me. I wonder recomen this product.
Krista L.
Skandia
Review for: Japonesque Makeup Brush Cleanser more...
Smells so good. This is the first makeup brush cleaner I have ever used and I was amazed how much came out of my brushes that I didn’t even know had product left in them. Leaves your brush feeling like new.
Kait S.
Tinley park, IL
Not good at all. The smell of the spray is horrible even though it does get the job done very easily and quickly I can’t stand the smell that it leaves my brushes. I got it on sale so it wasn’t a huge loss for my money but I can’t stand the smell I don’t even use it anymore. It does leave my brushes soft and gets the product out.
emily b.
I love this brush spray! It is great for a quick wash of the brushes! I use after every use in between my larger more through washes and they help keep my brushes germ free
Monica V.
Impulse buy at Ulta. Saw a brush cleaner but didn't stop to check for formulas. I use a few sprays per brush and it works very well. But the smell...I'm not a citrus person so the smell really bothered me. It lingered on the brush. Will not repurchase. If smells aren't an issue, it's a good value for your money.
Julie U.
Conroe, TX
When I need to clean my brushes in between clients this is my go to! It deep cleans so well and dries super fast!! In the long run the only thing I don’t like is that eventually the bristles feel dry and brittle but I deep clean with vitamin infused cleansers and it helps. Still recommend, I also love the scent!
Madame B.
West Covina, CA
Really good for on the go brush cleaning. I used it least a few times a week. Removes all makeup from my brushes so easily, even my eyeliner brush that get covered in black gel liner. But the scent is VERY strong. It’s a nice citrusy smell but if your sensitive to scents than maybe try something else.
Sammie S.
Goleta, CA
Does this leave a residue on your skin after you've cleaned your brushes with it?
Renee B.
I have used the Elf one before and was not happy with it. so my question is does this smell nice and dry fast?
Annie G.
Downers Grove, IL
Is this cleanser better than the solid one?
Amanda C.
Trenton, NJ
Do you feel that this cleanser does a thorough job of getting your brushes clean?
Anya J.
Lincoln, NE
I've been looking at different brush cleansers, and this one has caught my eye a few times. How fast does it dry?