BY JAPONESQUE #23 in Makeup Tool Cleaners

Buy now on ULTA
and get 2.5% CASH BACK with
powered by

Makeup Brush Cleanser - The Japonesque Makeup Brush Cleanser is the preferred cleaning solution for gently cleaning, conditioning and disinfecting fine brush hair. This environmentally safe cleaner dissolves all types of makeup products including powder, liquids, wax based and adhesive. - Makeup Brush Cleanser see more...

• Do you feel that this cleanser does a thorough job of get...2 Answers
  • Is this cleanser better than the solid one? 2 Answers
  • I have used the Elf one before and was not happy with it....3 Answers
Buy on ULTA*
Raquel E.
Austin, TX
I like the goats milk cleansing soap more this is ok for at home quick in between cleaning but I did not feel it cleanses as good as the soap cleaner. Plus it feels a bit greasy and I do not like for my brushes to feel that way and does not clean brushes completely.
Eri V.
Sarasota , FL
I love this brush cleanser! Japonesque has a variety of smells including Rose and citrus this brush cleanser is great at deep cleaning your brushes without leaving them too wet so you can use them again in a few minutes! It also leaves the brushes smelling amazing.
Cayla G.
Manassas, VA
Just got this to clean my brushes. I've never used it before but it works very well and my brushes have no stains or leftover makeup in them! It's about $4 less than the IT Cosmetics brush cleaner. While I like it, I think I'd like the coconut scented one better than the rosewater scent.
Ashley B.
The only spray cleaner I will use. It's a but expensive, but so worth it since you use so little. Literally 2 sprays will do all of the cleaning you need, even on a foundation brush! It also doesn't leave your brushes too wet so they're usable again in no time.
Dreaa P.
Vallejo , CA
This is a no for me. It has a really strong citrusy Smell. I wouldn’t mind the smell if of faded after a while but it doesn’t. The worst thing about this product is that it leaves the brushes feeling extremely greasy. It takes forever for the brushes to dry.
Amanda R.
N Cambria, PA
This is pretty oily which leaves a weird texture in the brush, but it is good for spot cleaning. It's very fast and takes all of the color off your brushes, it's also affordable. I would recommend this and will likely repurchase. Just don't like the way it feels
Jas. J.
I love love love this brush cleaner it literally gets your brushes so clean. I find that certain foundations leave a different type of residue due to thickness. However, This brush cleaner handles it all ! I bought it at Ulta for $14 & don't regret it at all
Alaina T.
Grove City, PA
If I could give this more than five stars, I would. For someone who needs a quick color switch, or a quick brush cleaning this is amazing. Spray two sprays and wipe the brush on a towel and it comes up totally dry with NO MAKEUP ON IT. It's like magic. For a makeup artist this is a godsend.
Thia B.
Chattanooga, TN
Review for: Japonesque Makeup Brush Cleanser more...
I picked a 3 pack up at Kohl's on sale. For what I paid ($8 for all 3) it is definitely worth it. I received 3 different scents. They all have preformed as expected. They get my brushes clean and there hasn't been any weird residue or anything left over.
Loren M.
Review for: Japonesque Makeup Brush Cleanser more...
As far as I can tell, it works very well and does not strip out the brushes. Unfortunately, every time I use it, I break out in horrible hives! I’ve had to switch brands to something that is better suited for me, because, you know, hives aren’t fun
Sammie S.
Goleta, CA
Does this leave a residue on your skin after you've cleaned your brushes with it?
Renee B.
I have used the Elf one before and was not happy with it. so my question is does this smell nice and dry fast?
Annie G.
Downers Grove, IL
Is this cleanser better than the solid one?
Amanda C.
Trenton, NJ
Do you feel that this cleanser does a thorough job of getting your brushes clean?
Anya J.
Lincoln, NE
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I've been looking at different brush cleansers, and this one has caught my eye a few times. How fast does it dry?

back