BY JAPONESQUE #16 in Makeup Tool Cleaners

Makeup Brush Cleanser - The Japonesque Makeup Brush Cleanser is the preferred cleaning solution for gently cleaning, conditioning and disinfecting fine brush hair. This environmentally safe cleaner dissolves all types of makeup products including powder, liquids, wax based and adhesive. - Makeup Brush Cleanser see more...

• Do you feel that this cleanser does a thorough job of get...2 Answers
  • Is this cleanser better than the solid one? 2 Answers
  • I have used the Elf one before and was not happy with it....3 Answers
Buy on Amazon
Ebonee R.
Laveen, AZ
I just recently started using this cleaner, since i received it for gratis at work. I do like this cleanser, especially when working on clients. Its very easy to spray on and product will come off when using a paper towel or cloth. This product is something that works best for a working mua. For someone who doesn't work with clients and just needs a cleanser, I wouldn't recommend this. Its also only great for smaller brushes, it doesn't really penetrate dense makeup brushes.
Katie H.
Tiverton, RI
I picked up the travel size of this product on a whim at Ulta, and it does a surprisingly thorough job of cleaning my brushes very quickly. It comes in two scents- citrus and rose- and while I thought I'd prefer the rose scent, I actually find it to be way too strong. Therefore, I find it great for cleaning brushes between uses, giving the scent time to dissipate, but it's hard for me to give a quick clean to a brush right before using because of the strong smell. If scents don't bother you, or if you happen to particularly like citrus or rose, definitely give this a go!
Charlee D.
Loveland
Review for: Japonesque Makeup Brush Cleanser more...
This is one of my favorite brush cleansers for a good deep cleanse. It does get kind of soapy and bubbly in the brush so I like to rinse mine although I do know a few professionals who like to use this as their quick cleanser. I think that it smells absolutely wonderful which is probably one of my favorite things about it. It’s a nice light scent that doesn’t overly linger on the brushes which I have found in other cleansers. I also love that it comes in a larger size than most.
Nina W.
Ventura County
I bought a travel size bottle of this while I was standing in line at Ulta and I don’t regret this purchase at all. All you have to do is spray your brush a couple times and then wipe it off on a tissue or a towel. Immediately, most of the color is gone from your brush, which is amazing! This is so much more convenient than washing my brushes in the sink all day. I highly recommend this product, and I recommend getting the smaller bottle because a little goes a long way.
Amy F.
This is my absolute favorite makeup brush cleaner! It has a interesting formula. It's oily but not...if that makes sense. It is oily in that it will clean even the most long wear makeup but it doesn't leave a greasy residue. It is also super gentle, so it doesn't rough up your brush bristles. I love it so much. The original, has a slight citrus scent which is pleasant. It also comes in a rose water fragrance as well.
Kristen S.
Dundalk, MD
I really like this cleanser for my brushes. I find that the smaller the brush the better it cleans. My large brushes (such as a powder brush or blush brush), it takes a few times to get it fully clean. My eyeshadow, brow and eyeliner brushes seem to get clean a lot faster. The smell is sometimes a bit too chemical for me but if I rinse it enough the scent doesn't really stay on my brushes. The price is a little too high for me also as I feel I can use baby shampoo and it does the job as good as this.
Jessica L.
Mt Prospect, IL
I absolutely love this product! It is super easy to use, and also super affordable. It doesn't leave any residue on my brush at all, and it literally cuts my brush cleaning time in half. If you're a fanatic about cleaning your makeup brushes like I am this is definitely a must-have!! I picked my 1st bottle up from Ulta beauty during a BoGo half off sale, and I have purchased 2 more since!!
Peyton L.
Virginia Bch, VA
Review for: Rosewater Scent more...
SUCH AN INCREDIBLE PRODUCT. Words cannot truly describe how clean my brushes looked and felt after using this. Not to mention the sweet rose scent left behind! It makes brush cleaning so easy and not as labor intensive. Just a few sprays of this on the brush and ALL of the product on the brush is gone. It is well worth the price and by far the best brush cleaner I’ve used.
Kristy H.
BEST BRUSH CLEANER EVER! You dont get alot for your money but a little goes a long way! It is a deep clean for your brushes and removes the toughest foundations. The scent is so wonderful, not overpowering or anything. I wish they would sell this in a larger container but this is AMAZING. Im probably on my 5-6 bottle and will continue to repurchase.
Alexi M.
FANTASTIC BRUSH CLEANER!!!!!! You only need one spray but it works like magic!!! Drys amazing, and conditions the brush hairs. I use it every night and clean my brushes often. I dont remember how much it was, but i got it at ulta. Don't believe it was too pricey though!
Sammie S.
Goleta, CA
Does this leave a residue on your skin after you've cleaned your brushes with it?
Renee B.
I have used the Elf one before and was not happy with it. so my question is does this smell nice and dry fast?
Annie G.
Downers Grove, IL
Is this cleanser better than the solid one?
Amanda C.
Trenton, NJ
Do you feel that this cleanser does a thorough job of getting your brushes clean?
Anya J.
Lincoln, NE
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I've been looking at different brush cleansers, and this one has caught my eye a few times. How fast does it dry?