3 colors available

BY JAPONESQUE #16 in Makeup Tool Cleaners

Makeup Brush Cleanser - The Japonesque Makeup Brush Cleanser is the preferred cleaning solution for gently cleaning, conditioning and disinfecting fine brush hair. This environmentally safe cleaner dissolves all types of makeup products including powder, liquids, wax based and adhesive. - Makeup Brush Cleanser see more...

• Do you feel that this cleanser does a thorough job of getting your ...2 Answers
  • Is this cleanser better than the solid one? 2 Answers
  • I have used the Elf one before and was not happy with it. so my que...3 Answers
Katie H.
Katie H.
Tiverton, RI
I picked up the travel size of this product on a whim at Ulta, and it does a surprisingly thorough job of cleaning my brushes very quickly. It comes in two scents- citrus and rose- and while I thought I'd prefer the rose scent, I actually find it to be way too strong. Therefore, I find it great for cleaning brushes between uses, giving the scent time to dissipate, but it's hard for me to give a quick clean to a brush right before using because of the strong smell. If scents don't bother you, or if you happen to particularly like citrus or rose, definitely give this a go!
Merry R.
Merry R.
Bergenfield, NJ
This is by far my favorite brush cleaner. It's oil based so it's conditioning for your brushes, and it's far more effective at removing makeup (even heavy creams) from your brushes than any of the "others" I've tried. This is the only "quick fix" brush cleaner that I'll use. The competitors are usually too soapy, take forever to dry, and/or they don't disinfect brushes so they aren't safe to use from one face to another. None of these are an issue with this cleanser, highly recommend!
Aimee D.
Aimee D.
Northampton, PA
cleans that war paint right off my face after a long day of looking gorgeous! come and clean your war paint off with this shizzz
Meredith V.
Meredith V.
Greensboro, NC
Great product. Has a very nice "clean scent". It is very effective at cleaning my beauty blenders. I would recommend diluting it with some water before using though. It very quick drying also, so you don't have to wait around for your brushes to dry!!
Michelle L.
Michelle L.
Prospect Park, PA
THE most amazing brush cleaner. It feels sort of oily in a way. It is so satisfying to watch how much gunk actually comes out of your brush when you pour just a tiny amount on. The best part is, is that you do not need water, just a towel!
Claire L.
Claire L.
Pittsburgh , PA
This was a good makeup brush cleanser, but I was surprised how strong the citrus smell was. I had to use quite a bit of product to really clean my brushes though. If I repurchase which I will probably not, I will buy the unscented kind.
Lyndsey G.
Lyndsey G.
Leander, TX
This is the best brush cleanser I've used. It doesn't leave any residue on the brush itself but sufficiently cleans my brushes to remove everything from the brush. Has a light smell that is enjoyable. I have tried a few other and this is my favorite.
Jennifer A.
Jennifer A.
Center Point, TX
Cleans brushes great but would like an easier less time consuming way to clean the brushes with my active lifestyle!
Alexis M.
Alexis M.
Fort worth, TX
Not the exact bottle I have but literally cuts my brush cleaning time in half so easy to do. It takes off the gunkiest of things of like gel liners too.
Giselle S.
Giselle S.
I bought this at ulta in the rose scent. I was looking for an inexpensive brush cleaner when I found this one. I have to say this stuff is amazing!! With just a 2-3 spritzes on the brush, it takes whatever makeup like off the brush. I've used this on all my brush and so far it has worked with every product. The one I have leaves a light rose smell on the brushes but not enough that it's annoying.
Renee B.
Renee B.
I have used the Elf one before and was not happy with it. so my question is does this smell nice and dry fast?
Sammie S.
Sammie S.
Goleta, CA
Does this leave a residue on your skin after you've cleaned your brushes with it?
Annie G.
Annie G.
Downers Grove, IL
Is this cleanser better than the solid one?
Amanda C.
Amanda C.
Trenton, NJ
Do you feel that this cleanser does a thorough job of getting your brushes clean?
Anya J.
Anya J.
Lincoln, NE
I've been looking at different brush cleansers, and this one has caught my eye a few times. How fast does it dry?