BY JAPONESQUE #11 in Makeup Tool Cleaners

Makeup Brush Cleanser - The Japonesque Makeup Brush Cleanser is the preferred cleaning solution for gently cleaning, conditioning and disinfecting fine brush hair. This environmentally safe cleaner dissolves all types of makeup products including powder, liquids, wax based and adhesive. - Makeup Brush Cleanser see more...

• Do you feel that this cleanser does a thorough job of getting you...2 Answers
  • Is this cleanser better than the solid one? 2 Answers
  • I have used the Elf one before and was not happy with it. so my q...3 Answers
Amanda O.
Winter Garden, FL
This product cleans the brushes well but the spray sometimes goes too wide and gets everything around the brush head soaked. It's more of an oil feeling cleanser that makes the brushes a little slick.
Mandy G.
Sayre, PA
This brush cleaner is handy for on-the-go and quick cleanings between through washings. I do makeup professionally and I take this cleaner along to appointments. Easy to use and effective!
Chelsea B.
This cleanser smells SO good! I use it in between brush washes, & it gets the make up off my brushes really well. It's liquid, but it doesn't really feel wet when you spray it onto your brushes... if that makes any sense. But I definitely recommend trying this product out, especially the rose water scented one! You can buy it at Ulta!
Lisa A.
Canyon Cntry, CA
This cleaner does the job quickly. This was one of the first brush cleaner I have used and it takes off the makeup after quite a few scrubs on a paper towel. That is the only problem I have with this: it takes a while to actually get the makeup off. But it dries quickly and smells great :)
Madhuri P.
I really love this brand. I got a travel size bottle and take it with me on trips. It does a great job at getting all the product out of your brushes and it smells great. I'm not sure if they have different scents, but mine smells like citrus. It leaves my brush softer than they were.
Kimberly A.
I love this brush cleaner because the oils help remove as much product from your brushes as possible but it can also leave your brushes with some oily residue which can sometimes be annoying but ive worked around it by just swiping my brushes in a towel rather than a paper towel.
Ana A.
West Covina, CA
I hated this brush cleaner. The smell is so strong an overpowering that it left all my brushes smelling horrible strong. I'm usually ok with smells, but this was too much. I have used A cleaner from target that leaves my brushes smelling good and clean without the extra super strong smell. I paid $14+ for it an immediately regretted it....
Arielle M.
Oceanside, CA
I love this product! It smells amazing and does the job well. It is good for spot cleaning or for getting off gel liner, lipstick, hard to clean brushes. I wouldn't recommend this for natural hair brushes because the alchol in it may dry them out.
Marlen P.
Bodega Bay, CA
Love this especially when working on someone elses eyeshadow and need to change the color but have a limited amout of brushes. They smell super fresh and clean. They do end up a bit moist but it adds to the pigmentation!
Linda H.
Park City, KS
Works great for quick clean up or color transition on shadow brushes. Great on sensitive skin, no harsh smell. brushes dry quickly after use and are easy to use right after a quick clean.
Renee B.
I have used the Elf one before and was not happy with it. so my question is does this smell nice and dry fast?
Sammie S.
Goleta, CA
Does this leave a residue on your skin after you've cleaned your brushes with it?
Annie G.
Downers Grove, IL
Is this cleanser better than the solid one?
Amanda C.
Trenton, NJ
Do you feel that this cleanser does a thorough job of getting your brushes clean?
Anya J.
Lincoln, NE
I've been looking at different brush cleansers, and this one has caught my eye a few times. How fast does it dry?