BY JAPONESQUE #11 in Makeup Tool Cleaners

Makeup Brush Cleanser - The Japonesque Makeup Brush Cleanser is the preferred cleaning solution for gently cleaning, conditioning and disinfecting fine brush hair. This environmentally safe cleaner dissolves all types of makeup products including powder, liquids, wax based and adhesive. - Makeup Brush Cleanser see more...

• Do you feel that this cleanser does a thorough job of getting you...2 Answers
  • Is this cleanser better than the solid one? 2 Answers
  • I have used the Elf one before and was not happy with it. so my q...3 Answers
Cayla G.
Manassas, VA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Just got this to clean my brushes. I've never used it before but it works very well and my brushes have no stains or leftover makeup in them! It's about $4 less than the IT Cosmetics brush cleaner. While I like it, I think I'd like the coconut scented one better than the rosewater scent.
Patricia P.
Union, NJ
Not the greatest brush cleanser in the world but also not bad. It's good for sanitizing but personally I prefer to use baby shampoo or zote as a deep brush cleaner because they're much cheaper and it gets out the stains from my brushes.
Jessica R.
E Greenville, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this cleanser. It has a citrus scent and is great for when I'm doing makeup on other people. It's easy to use, reasonably priced for how long it lasts. I use it pretty frequently and will definitely buy it again!
Amanda R.
Cherry Tree, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is pretty oily which leaves a weird texture in the brush, but it is good for spot cleaning. It's very fast and takes all of the color off your brushes, it's also affordable. I would recommend this and will likely repurchase. Just don't like the way it feels
Jas. J.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love love love this brush cleaner it literally gets your brushes so clean. I find that certain foundations leave a different type of residue due to thickness. However, This brush cleaner handles it all ! I bought it at Ulta for $14 & don't regret it at all
Trinity P.
Clarksville, TN
I haven't cleaned my beauty blender in weeks until I bought this stuff and I LOVE IT. It got rid of all the countour powders and foundations that were in it . It's very easy to use but also messy as far as rinsing yout brushes . I would buy it again even though it isn't the cheapest.
Julz R.
Tampa, FL
Cleans my brushes really well and has a fast drying time. Sometimes I feel it takes a lot for me to get my brushes completely clean though. It might be just me. But it's a really good product besides that.
Angelique M.
Middletown, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is the ONLY makeup brush cleaner I use. Don't get me wrong I have tried others and they are ok but me personally I find this one works best for me whether I've used my brushes for my eyeshadow, my liquid foundations, or my cream contours.
Beatrice R.
Oakland, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love the smell of this product. This is great for a quick change of color while doing make up. Would not recommend if you're trying to really deep clean your brushes. You can get a good deal at ulta when this product is on sale.
Paula K.
Does what it's supposed to do. Not my fav because it is just a little too greasy feeling. I have to let my brushes dry after using this so I don't recommend this for people looking for a cleanser to use inbetween colors.
Renee B.
I have used the Elf one before and was not happy with it. so my question is does this smell nice and dry fast?
Amanda C.
Trenton, NJ
Do you feel that this cleanser does a thorough job of getting your brushes clean?
Annie G.
Downers Grove, IL
Is this cleanser better than the solid one?
Sammie S.
Goleta, CA
Does this leave a residue on your skin after you've cleaned your brushes with it?
Anya J.
Lincoln, NE
I've been looking at different brush cleansers, and this one has caught my eye a few times. How fast does it dry?