BY JAPONESQUE #16 in Makeup Tool Cleaners

Makeup Brush Cleanser - The Japonesque Makeup Brush Cleanser is the preferred cleaning solution for gently cleaning, conditioning and disinfecting fine brush hair. This environmentally safe cleaner dissolves all types of makeup products including powder, liquids, wax based and adhesive. - Makeup Brush Cleanser see more...

• Do you feel that this cleanser does a thorough job of getting you...2 Answers
  • Is this cleanser better than the solid one? 2 Answers
  • I have used the Elf one before and was not happy with it. so my q...3 Answers
Veronica B.
This is a really nice brush cleanser. It's easy to use and has a fresh scent. I would definitely recommend trying their bar cleanser first but if you prefer a spray this one is nice. :) It gets moderately sudsy and leaves my brushes feeling soft. I feel like I go through this product really fast because of how often I am cleaning my brushes, but it's still one of my faves. I'd recommend it to someone looking for a nice spray cleanser for their brushes.
Amy F.
This is my absolute favorite makeup brush cleaner! It has a interesting formula. It's oily but not...if that makes sense. It is oily in that it will clean even the most long wear makeup but it doesn't leave a greasy residue. It is also super gentle, so it doesn't rough up your brush bristles. I love it so much. The original, has a slight citrus scent which is pleasant. It also comes in a rose water fragrance as well.
Kristen S.
Dundalk, MD
I really like this cleanser for my brushes. I find that the smaller the brush the better it cleans. My large brushes (such as a powder brush or blush brush), it takes a few times to get it fully clean. My eyeshadow, brow and eyeliner brushes seem to get clean a lot faster. The smell is sometimes a bit too chemical for me but if I rinse it enough the scent doesn't really stay on my brushes. The price is a little too high for me also as I feel I can use baby shampoo and it does the job as good as this.
Kristy H.
BEST BRUSH CLEANER EVER! You dont get alot for your money but a little goes a long way! It is a deep clean for your brushes and removes the toughest foundations. The scent is so wonderful, not overpowering or anything. I wish they would sell this in a larger container but this is AMAZING. Im probably on my 5-6 bottle and will continue to repurchase.
Alexi M.
FANTASTIC BRUSH CLEANER!!!!!! You only need one spray but it works like magic!!! Drys amazing, and conditions the brush hairs. I use it every night and clean my brushes often. I dont remember how much it was, but i got it at ulta. Don't believe it was too pricey though!
Kait S.
Tinley park, IL
Not good at all. The smell of the spray is horrible even though it does get the job done very easily and quickly I can’t stand the smell that it leaves my brushes. I got it on sale so it wasn’t a huge loss for my money but I can’t stand the smell I don’t even use it anymore. It does leave my brushes soft and gets the product out.
Allison M.
Lifesaver for my poor makeup brushes. I have a foundation brush that I haven't cleaned since I first got it, and it only took a few spritzes of this cleanser to completely clean it out. Word to the wise, the scent is ridiculously strong. Like, some of my brushes still smell like citrus. It doesn't really seem to go away.
Ana R.
Newport News, VA
Definitely one of the best makeup cleaners I've used! I have combination to oily skin and never had an issues. I buy this at Ulta and use about every 2 to 3 weeks to clean my brushes. They are left with a really nice rosey scent!
Caitlin S.
Woodland Park, CO
I use this to clean all of my brushes. I really like the spray bottle. It makes it very easy to get the cleanser right on the tips of the brush. It is reasonably priced and you can find it on sale at Ulta a lot. It thoroughly cleaned my brushes (I was kind of freaked out to see how much old makeup was it them) and I would recommend it. I also liked its fresh smell.
Julie U.
Conroe, TX
When I need to clean my brushes in between clients this is my go to! It deep cleans so well and dries super fast!! In the long run the only thing I don’t like is that eventually the bristles feel dry and brittle but I deep clean with vitamin infused cleansers and it helps. Still recommend, I also love the scent!
Sammie S.
Goleta, CA
Does this leave a residue on your skin after you've cleaned your brushes with it?
Renee B.
I have used the Elf one before and was not happy with it. so my question is does this smell nice and dry fast?
Annie G.
Downers Grove, IL
Is this cleanser better than the solid one?
Amanda C.
Trenton, NJ
Do you feel that this cleanser does a thorough job of getting your brushes clean?
Anya J.
Lincoln, NE
I've been looking at different brush cleansers, and this one has caught my eye a few times. How fast does it dry?