BY JAPONESQUE #11 in Makeup Tool Cleaners

Makeup Brush Cleanser - The Japonesque Makeup Brush Cleanser is the preferred cleaning solution for gently cleaning, conditioning and disinfecting fine brush hair. This environmentally safe cleaner dissolves all types of makeup products including powder, liquids, wax based and adhesive. - Makeup Brush Cleanser see more...

• Do you feel that this cleanser does a thorough job of getting you...2 Answers
  • Is this cleanser better than the solid one? 2 Answers
  • I have used the Elf one before and was not happy with it. so my q...3 Answers
Kristen S.
Dundalk, MD
I really like this cleanser for my brushes. I find that the smaller the brush the better it cleans. My large brushes (such as a powder brush or blush brush), it takes a few times to get it fully clean. My eyeshadow, brow and eyeliner brushes seem to get clean a lot faster. The smell is sometimes a bit too chemical for me but if I rinse it enough the scent doesn't really stay on my brushes. The price is a little too high for me also as I feel I can use baby shampoo and it does the job as good as this.
Kristy H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
BEST BRUSH CLEANER EVER! You dont get alot for your money but a little goes a long way! It is a deep clean for your brushes and removes the toughest foundations. The scent is so wonderful, not overpowering or anything. I wish they would sell this in a larger container but this is AMAZING. Im probably on my 5-6 bottle and will continue to repurchase.
Alexi M.
FANTASTIC BRUSH CLEANER!!!!!! You only need one spray but it works like magic!!! Drys amazing, and conditions the brush hairs. I use it every night and clean my brushes often. I dont remember how much it was, but i got it at ulta. Don't believe it was too pricey though!
Allison M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Lifesaver for my poor makeup brushes. I have a foundation brush that I haven't cleaned since I first got it, and it only took a few spritzes of this cleanser to completely clean it out. Word to the wise, the scent is ridiculously strong. Like, some of my brushes still smell like citrus. It doesn't really seem to go away.
Ana R.
Newport News, VA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Definitely one of the best makeup cleaners I've used! I have combination to oily skin and never had an issues. I buy this at Ulta and use about every 2 to 3 weeks to clean my brushes. They are left with a really nice rosey scent!
Caitlin S.
Woodland Park, CO
I use this to clean all of my brushes. I really like the spray bottle. It makes it very easy to get the cleanser right on the tips of the brush. It is reasonably priced and you can find it on sale at Ulta a lot. It thoroughly cleaned my brushes (I was kind of freaked out to see how much old makeup was it them) and I would recommend it. I also liked its fresh smell.
Deanne M.
Winchester, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Cleans my brushes really well on a day to day use. I use a different cleanser for deep cleaning. It is easy to use and a little goes a long way. It does not break me out or mess with the texture of my brushes.
brianna r.
San Jose, CA
this cleanser is amazing if you don't have time to get in depth with cleaning you brushes and your on the go this cleanser is amazing all you do is spray one time wipe it down on a paper town and it's clean for the next time you want to use it. it also takes the makeup off of things that regularly won't take off with regular makeup wipes or cleansers.
Heather W.
AMSTERDAM, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
This brush cleaner works great on all powder brushes! Smells good and is super easy to use! MY only negative is I find it is not the best to clean with foundation/liquid products because it does not deep clean. But great for in between clients or quick brush color changes.
Jess D.
Pittstown, NJ
Love it! Cleans all my brushes perfectly. I've been using this brand exclusively for well over a year now. It isn't too pricey for what you get and you don't need a ton to clean your brushes.
I have this on hand at all times.
Renee B.
I have used the Elf one before and was not happy with it. so my question is does this smell nice and dry fast?
Amanda C.
Trenton, NJ
Do you feel that this cleanser does a thorough job of getting your brushes clean?
Annie G.
Downers Grove, IL
Is this cleanser better than the solid one?
Sammie S.
Goleta, CA
Does this leave a residue on your skin after you've cleaned your brushes with it?
Anya J.
Lincoln, NE
I've been looking at different brush cleansers, and this one has caught my eye a few times. How fast does it dry?