BY JAPONESQUE #11 in Makeup Tool Cleaners

Makeup Brush Cleanser - The Japonesque Makeup Brush Cleanser is the preferred cleaning solution for gently cleaning, conditioning and disinfecting fine brush hair. This environmentally safe cleaner dissolves all types of makeup products including powder, liquids, wax based and adhesive. - Makeup Brush Cleanser see more...

• Do you feel that this cleanser does a thorough job of getting you...2 Answers
  • Is this cleanser better than the solid one? 2 Answers
  • I have used the Elf one before and was not happy with it. so my q...3 Answers
Natalie R.
Los Angeles, CA
This product is so handy to keep with your brushes and quickly clean them between uses. I love the smell of the original but also like the Rosewater scent. I use this to help maintain my brushes between cleanings. Sometimes I go quite awhile between cleaning them with water and soap. I love how I can use Japonesque to get funky colors off of my brushes without having to get them wet.
Caitlin S.
Woodland Park, CO
I use this to clean all of my brushes. I really like the spray bottle. It makes it very easy to get the cleanser right on the tips of the brush. It is reasonably priced and you can find it on sale at Ulta a lot. It thoroughly cleaned my brushes (I was kind of freaked out to see how much old makeup was it them) and I would recommend it. I also liked its fresh smell.
brianna r.
San Jose, CA
this cleanser is amazing if you don't have time to get in depth with cleaning you brushes and your on the go this cleanser is amazing all you do is spray one time wipe it down on a paper town and it's clean for the next time you want to use it. it also takes the makeup off of things that regularly won't take off with regular makeup wipes or cleansers.
Brittany B.
Circle Pines, MN
BEST MAKEUP BRUSH CLEANER IVE EVER USED! It works so well, just a spray or two, rub on a paper towel and DONE. It also drys quickly so you don't have to let your brushes sit out for hours drying. I have the citrus scent and I personally love the scent as well. Some find it a little strong but for me it's perfect. Highly recommend!
Katie H.
Pocono summit PA
I like this formula very much. The scent is pleasant I was a little nervous when I felt the oiliness of it. But, I was pleasantly surprised it cleanses very well and I also feel as though it conditions too. It is making prolonging the life of my brushes while keeping them sanitary. Would recommend trying.
Lea H.
I have been using this cleaner for awhile now and it's pretty good. It says to spray on brush then wipe off with towel but I only spray them and it gets the job done. There's not odor to it after it dries. The only thing is that it's easy to get on your hands and it does get oily until it dries.
Michaela W.
I enjoy the smell of this cleaner. I have the citrus smell and it's great. The spray affect helps me clean my brush, but I don't know if I really see a difference after using it. I don't seem to get all of the makeup off. This isn't a bad brand, I just don't see it helping my brushes currently.
Rachel G.
State College, PA
Use this to keep my brushes nice and clean and I'm amazed at how quickly it works! Just a few spritzes and I can see virtually all the makeup on my brushes come off when I rub them on a paper towel. My only suggestion is to watch where you're spraying it as it gets very oily on my hands.
Geri Liz L.
I've used Japonesque brush cleaner for 8 years and it works great! It's been a brand that was around before the other brush cleaners were out on the market. I still continue to use it and recommend it! I even have a brush cleaning video on my youtube channel @ makeupbygeriliz
Alexi M.
FANTASTIC BRUSH CLEANER!!!!!! You only need one spray but it works like magic!!! Drys amazing, and conditions the brush hairs. I use it every night and clean my brushes often. I dont remember how much it was, but i got it at ulta. Don't believe it was too pricey though!
Renee B.
I have used the Elf one before and was not happy with it. so my question is does this smell nice and dry fast?
Sammie S.
Goleta, CA
Does this leave a residue on your skin after you've cleaned your brushes with it?
Annie G.
Downers Grove, IL
Is this cleanser better than the solid one?
Amanda C.
Trenton, NJ
Do you feel that this cleanser does a thorough job of getting your brushes clean?
Anya J.
Lincoln, NE
I've been looking at different brush cleansers, and this one has caught my eye a few times. How fast does it dry?