3 colors available

BY JAPONESQUE #14 in Makeup Tool Cleaners

Makeup Brush Cleanser - The Japonesque Makeup Brush Cleanser is the preferred cleaning solution for gently cleaning, conditioning and disinfecting fine brush hair. This environmentally safe cleaner dissolves all types of makeup products including powder, liquids, wax based and adhesive. - Makeup Brush Cleanser see more...

• Do you feel that this cleanser does a thorough job of getting your ...2 Answers
  • Is this cleanser better than the solid one? 2 Answers
  • I have used the Elf one before and was not happy with it. so my que...3 Answers
Gerralynn W.
Gerralynn W.
West Berlin, NJ
This is a pretty decent brush cleaner... it is not meant to take the place of having to give your brushes a thorough deep clean with soap and water... but this is good for spot cleaning esp if you use cremes, gels, like Dipbrow ,Glitter,.. this cleaner will take it right off your brush without ruining your bristles... or for use in between clients. I use a soft microfiber washcloth and all I do is spray the cloths and then wipe my brush on the spot... It will literally take anything off your brushes and leaves them feeling soft like better then they felt before. iif I'm sanitizing my brushes in between clients then I will spray the brush directly to make sure it's entirely wet... but a little goes a long way with this cleaner so there's no need to go crazy. it does have a strong scent that some may find a little overbearing but I got used to it pretty quickly and the smell didn't seem to linger. Your brushes will dry quickly.
Natalie R.
Natalie R.
Los Angeles, CA
This product is so handy to keep with your brushes and quickly clean them between uses. I love the smell of the original but also like the Rosewater scent. I use this to help maintain my brushes between cleanings. Sometimes I go quite awhile between cleaning them with water and soap. I love how I can use Japonesque to get funky colors off of my brushes without having to get them wet.
Caitlin S.
Caitlin S.
Woodland Park, CO
I use this to clean all of my brushes. I really like the spray bottle. It makes it very easy to get the cleanser right on the tips of the brush. It is reasonably priced and you can find it on sale at Ulta a lot. It thoroughly cleaned my brushes (I was kind of freaked out to see how much old makeup was it them) and I would recommend it. I also liked its fresh smell.
brianna r.
brianna r.
San Jose, CA
this cleanser is amazing if you don't have time to get in depth with cleaning you brushes and your on the go this cleanser is amazing all you do is spray one time wipe it down on a paper town and it's clean for the next time you want to use it. it also takes the makeup off of things that regularly won't take off with regular makeup wipes or cleansers.
Ana A.
Ana A.
West Covina, CA
I hated this brush cleaner. The smell is so strong an overpowering that it left all my brushes smelling horrible strong. I'm usually ok with smells, but this was too much. I have used A cleaner from target that leaves my brushes smelling good and clean without the extra super strong smell. I paid $14+ for it an immediately regretted it....
Brittany B.
Brittany B.
Circle Pines, MN
BEST MAKEUP BRUSH CLEANER IVE EVER USED! It works so well, just a spray or two, rub on a paper towel and DONE. It also drys quickly so you don't have to let your brushes sit out for hours drying. I have the citrus scent and I personally love the scent as well. Some find it a little strong but for me it's perfect. Highly recommend!
Katie H.
Katie H.
Pocono summit PA
I like this formula very much. The scent is pleasant I was a little nervous when I felt the oiliness of it. But, I was pleasantly surprised it cleanses very well and I also feel as though it conditions too. It is making prolonging the life of my brushes while keeping them sanitary. Would recommend trying.
Lea H.
Lea H.
I have been using this cleaner for awhile now and it's pretty good. It says to spray on brush then wipe off with towel but I only spray them and it gets the job done. There's not odor to it after it dries. The only thing is that it's easy to get on your hands and it does get oily until it dries.
Michaela W.
Michaela W.
I enjoy the smell of this cleaner. I have the citrus smell and it's great. The spray affect helps me clean my brush, but I don't know if I really see a difference after using it. I don't seem to get all of the makeup off. This isn't a bad brand, I just don't see it helping my brushes currently.
Lisa A.
Lisa A.
Canyon Cntry, CA
This cleaner does the job quickly. This was one of the first brush cleaner I have used and it takes off the makeup after quite a few scrubs on a paper towel. That is the only problem I have with this: it takes a while to actually get the makeup off. But it dries quickly and smells great :)
Renee B.
Renee B.
I have used the Elf one before and was not happy with it. so my question is does this smell nice and dry fast?
Amanda C.
Amanda C.
Trenton, NJ
Do you feel that this cleanser does a thorough job of getting your brushes clean?
Annie G.
Annie G.
Downers Grove, IL
Is this cleanser better than the solid one?
Sammie S.
Sammie S.
Goleta, CA
Does this leave a residue on your skin after you've cleaned your brushes with it?
Anya J.
Anya J.
Lincoln, NE
I've been looking at different brush cleansers, and this one has caught my eye a few times. How fast does it dry?