Jane Eyre (Reissue) (Hardcover) uploaded by Amanda J.Jane Eyre (Reissue) (Hardcover) uploaded by Tamitha S.

BY BOOKS ALL PUBLISHER TITLES

A Victorian governess's love for her mysterious employer is threatened by the tragic secret of his mansion see more...

Jane Eyre (Reissue) (Hardcover)
  • "There is nothing like a timeless classic and Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre is one I never get sick of reading!" in 2 reviews
  • "Charlotte Bronte best book, I have had this book since I was a teen and I never get tired of reading it." in 1 review
  • "Jane Eyre (Reissue) (Hardcover) I love this era /period , and I have read this book soooo many times , I just adore it ," in 1 review
  • "I'm glad that I read it in adulthood and wasn't forced to read it in high school." in 1 review
  • "I could read this book a thousand times and never get tired of it." in 1 review
Darinda G.
Lowville, NY
2,142 reviews
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I like to read most of my books in hardcover form which is awesome because it came in hardcover and it wasn’t that expensive at all. This gave a lot of women in college a lot of empowerment that’s what I got out of this the most.
Amanda J.
Rochester, MN
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Love, love, love this book. Definitely a classic. I minored in Women's Studies in college and this was a required read. At first I was skeptical, but I ended up loving it. The author is absolutely amazing and the subtleties in this book are so well written. Jane's character Is incredible and it taught me so much as a young woman in college. Women's empowerment is a big theme throughout this book and Jane's character is used as the vehicle for that. This book is also a live story which is intriguing for the reader. I have read this book multiple times since college and it's just as good every time. Highly recommend this book!
Baileigh A.
Evanston, WY
This is one of my very favorite books. The love story is compelling, but that's not why I adore it. I love that Jane learns to be her own hero and find her own voice. I think she is one of the great female protagonists of literature.
Lucy G.
Saint Louis , MO
Charlotte Brontë is one of my favorite authors of all time. I love all of her work but especially like Jane Eyre. It's an absolutely gorgeous story and I love Mr. Rochester
Jennifer C.
I loathe books written in old English. I cannot understand the dialog or the plot for the book at all. This book however stole my heart. I absolutely loved it and the amazing thing was that I understood it. I fell in love with Jane and Rochester story.
Janine T.
Bryantville , MA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Jane Eyre is not just a love story, but goes from being an orphaned unwanted child to a women who knows her & speaks her own mind, clever & intelligent, though not without some hardship. Finding her way in life on her own. For a women in the 1800's this was something that was for the most part frowned upon. Even though she enjoys her freedoms, she does desire to feel & find a true love which she does find in due time. Fantastic story & beautifully written.
Catherine M.
Brooklyn, NY
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Jane Eyre is a story about a young lady who falls in love with a man who seems unapproachable and overall rough. However, as their relationship progresses, both character develop and intrigue us until a secret threatens to destroy everything.
What truly caught my attention and made this an all time favorite read was the way in which Bronte presents the dilemma between a moral right and what we want.
Dina S.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This is by far my most favorite classic book written! I first read it in high school and still have my original copy somewhere around here.. The story line is still very relative to today's society and certainly the societal clicks are still visible from this book written so long ago. If you have seen the movie the 1932 version with Orson Wells and Jane Fontana is the best one..
Ashley T.
Marion, IN
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I have just finished this book and I must say it was really good. I love Jane and her strong will. Of course there are bits that drag on for me but once through those I could not pout it down. The ending is a bit bitter sweet but a classic has to have you going through the emotions.
Tamitha S.
Acworth, GA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
As an adult I wanted to sit down and read as many classics as I could, because I wanted to not because I had to. Nothing beats the feel of the pages as you turn them. I absolutely love how well written this book is, I love the love story woven into every page and my favorite part is how you feel you are there as you drift from this modern world into a time of mystery and romance.
Ally M.
Dallas, TX
I've been dying to read this book because I know it's a classic. For some reason I can't get into it right away like I normally do. Any tips? If I don't read it am I missing out?!
Victoria F.