Jameson Black Barrel Irish Select Reserve 80  uploaded by Thuy L.

BY JAMESON #25 in Whiskey

Jameson Black Barrel is a limited edition Irish Whiskey expertly crafted from a high proportion of Irish pot still whiskey and a rare small batch grain whiskey. First, a blend of malted and unmalted barley is distilled in pot stills and then aged in used sherry casks. It is then blended with rare, small batch grain whiskey which has been matured in deep-charred ex-bourbon barrels. The whiskey is matured in extra charred bourbon barrels developing aromatic notes of charred wood, deep spices and exotic fruit to create the unmistakable rich and smooth Jameson Black Barrel taste. see more...

• What cocktail you would recommend to make from this? 1 Answers
Debra M.
Felton
I'm in love with Irish whiskey. It does down pretty smooth, and I don't get hangovers when I drink it. Although if I drink too much, I do get violently ill. But I don't know that it's the whiskeys fault or my neighbors (who kept saying "let's take a shot"). It mixes pretty well, and after the 3rd shot I don't need a chaser. I will say that for the money this is decent, but there are better brands out there. Either way though, your still getting drunk, so may as well save your money and buy some chicken nuggets on your way home.
Hannah D.
Carriere, MS
I'm not a drinker. I cant stand the kickback and will never get over the harshness that clear liqour has. But wiskey my friend you do me well. My boyfriend and some friends had this and (since it had been a while since I last drank anything) I decided sure let me have a small glass. The flavour of the wiskey mixed with small amount of room temp coke was still pretty hard but had a rich aftertaste. Again, worth the purchase? Not for me but as with different folks, they might have different strokes.
Amber K.
Lewis Mcchord, WA
If you want to feel like you just got whipped by an Irishman drink this.  It's bitter ,dry, and angry and probably made with potatoes...probably it's irish. It leaves you feeling humiliated as you drink a chaser with each shot. You feel like you aren't strong enough to handle this drink as you try not to gag the bile that's heading up your throat ...this is an alcohol for the strongest bravest stomachs
Gerardo V.
Pacoima
neat or with a splash of ginger beer, or with a whisper of ginger ale, tastes great with a hint of lemonade and a lime, oh yeah, with very little root beer, heck, goes with fries, steak, chicken, fish, oatmeal, cherries, pudding, on the deck, in the pool, after dinner, before dinner, with the lights on, yeah, and with the lights off, first thing when you wake up, last thing before you rest
Candiss O.
Hollywood, FL
My favorite Irish whiskey drink!!! Perfect ending to a day of toddler tantrums. I mix it with coke and it’s like the tantrums never happened. I love my son, but the terrible twos are in full effect. Treating myself every now and then is always a good idea.
Yvonne L.
Indianapolis, IN
I am a big Jameson fan, I always have been. A friend bought my a bottle of Jameson Black Barrel for my wedding shower as well as Jameson swag. The Black Barrel has a crisp, more defined taste to it than regular Jameson. It was delicious and the flavor profile was amazing. I would definitely buy it again, or hopefully have it gifted to me. It was very smooth!
alana p.
After tasting this whiskey at an alcohol event I must say that I was very impress with the smooth taste and feeling it gave me.  It taste so unique from the other brands of whiskey that I'm used to drinking.  I would buy this brand whenever I see it as it sells at an affordable price.  I highly recommend it to everyone.
Stephanie B.
Palm Coast
Aside from the pretty bottle that it comes in, the flavor of this whiskey is amazing!! Goes great in many different mixers or as a shot all on it's own. This will always be my number 1 go-to whiskey from off the shelf in a store or to purchase while out and about. I rate this whiskey a 10/10
Shelby M.
Grand Rapids, MI
Jame-o is so good, but this one tops it off! This goes good with gingerale, on the rocks, or even in shots. It is about $40-$50 at your local liquor store, and can be found at any grocery store that carries liquor. This tastes like regular jameson, but is so much smoother and gentle on the throat
Vic R.
Wilkes Barre
Jameson is definitely one of the best whiskeys that I have ever had and will always drink no matter what occasion it may be or if its just heading out with the guys for the night or a simple double at the restraunt. The smooth hard flavor of this whiskey is a force to reckon with.
Liga V.
What cocktail you would recommend to make from this?