BY JAMESON #31 in Whiskey

Jameson Black Barrel is a limited edition Irish Whiskey expertly crafted from a high proportion of Irish pot still whiskey and a rare small batch grain whiskey. First, a blend of malted and unmalted barley is distilled in pot stills and then aged in used sherry casks. It is then blended with rare, small batch grain whiskey which has been matured in deep-charred ex-bourbon barrels. The whiskey is matured in extra charred bourbon barrels developing aromatic notes of charred wood, deep spices and exotic fruit to create the unmistakable rich and smooth Jameson Black Barrel taste. see more...

Caitlin W.
Caitlin W.
Brooklyn, NY
I had this while at the Jameson Distillery in Ireland during a whiskey tasting and it is really good! It's definitely richer than original Jameson because if the use of charred barrels in the process of making this particular whiskey. It's smooth with a little burn, but it makes you feel warm and relaxed, so having just a bit in a glass (adding a little ice if you want it chilled...and maybe diluted a bit) and sipping it is the best way to enjoy Jameson Black Barrel. A few family members bought a bottle at Jameson and we shared them whilst on our vacation in Ireland. I'm hoping to be able to find it around where I live because it was that good!
Debra M.
Debra M.
Felton
I'm in love with Irish whiskey. It does down pretty smooth, and I don't get hangovers when I drink it. Although if I drink too much, I do get violently ill. But I don't know that it's the whiskeys fault or my neighbors (who kept saying "let's take a shot"). It mixes pretty well, and after the 3rd shot I don't need a chaser. I will say that for the money this is decent, but there are better brands out there. Either way though, your still getting drunk, so may as well save your money and buy some chicken nuggets on your way home.
Hannah D.
Hannah D.
Carriere, MS
I'm not a drinker. I cant stand the kickback and will never get over the harshness that clear liqour has. But wiskey my friend you do me well. My boyfriend and some friends had this and (since it had been a while since I last drank anything) I decided sure let me have a small glass. The flavour of the wiskey mixed with small amount of room temp coke was still pretty hard but had a rich aftertaste. Again, worth the purchase? Not for me but as with different folks, they might have different strokes.
Amber K.
Amber K.
Lewis Mcchord, WA
If you want to feel like you just got whipped by an Irishman drink this.  It's bitter ,dry, and angry and probably made with potatoes...probably it's irish. It leaves you feeling humiliated as you drink a chaser with each shot. You feel like you aren't strong enough to handle this drink as you try not to gag the bile that's heading up your throat ...this is an alcohol for the strongest bravest stomachs
alana p.
alana p.
After tasting this whiskey at an alcohol event I must say that I was very impress with the smooth taste and feeling it gave me.  It taste so unique from the other brands of whiskey that I'm used to drinking.  I would buy this brand whenever I see it as it sells at an affordable price.  I highly recommend it to everyone.
Rachel N.
Rachel N.
Carpentersville
I enjoy whiskey. I thought I'd never be a whiskey drinker but ever since I was introduced to the "whiskey ginger" I liked it! It's an affordable price if it's something you'd like to have on occasion. You can find this at any retailer and it does go on promotion depending on what grocery stores you shop at.
Nikkie G.
Nikkie G.
This is really good and also makes a wonderful gift for a whisky lover.  Definitely strong and not for the light-hearted, but if you're a fan of whiskey, this is among the best.  Pricey but you get what you pay for, so it's worth it.  I only did 4 stars because I have a different favorite.
Shelby M.
Shelby M.
Grand Rapids, MI
Jame-o is so good, but this one tops it off! This goes good with gingerale, on the rocks, or even in shots. It is about $40-$50 at your local liquor store, and can be found at any grocery store that carries liquor. This tastes like regular jameson, but is so much smoother and gentle on the throat
Amy L.
Amy L.
Enid, OK
I received this as a gift a few years ago. It is the smoothest, most flavorful of all the Jameson varieties. Good on it's own but I prefer to mix it with Sprite Zero. I have bought it again and again because it is absolutely delicious. Would recommend to all!
Dana N.
Dana N.
Madison
Burns a little going down but warms you nicely from the inside out. Makes you feel great about yourself and gives you confidence. Almost a "liquid courage" whiskey. The Irish know what they are doing that's for sure. Great on its own. Awesome sipping whiskey.