BY JAMESON #19 in Whiskey

Jameson Black Barrel is a limited edition Irish Whiskey expertly crafted from a high proportion of Irish pot still whiskey and a rare small batch grain whiskey. First, a blend of malted and unmalted barley is distilled in pot stills and then aged in used sherry casks. It is then blended with rare, small batch grain whiskey which has been matured in deep-charred ex-bourbon barrels. The whiskey is matured in extra charred bourbon barrels developing aromatic notes of charred wood, deep spices and exotic fruit to create the unmistakable rich and smooth Jameson Black Barrel taste. see more...

Caitlin W.
Brooklyn, NY
I had this while at the Jameson Distillery in Ireland during a whiskey tasting and it is really good! It's definitely richer than original Jameson because if the use of charred barrels in the process of making this particular whiskey. It's smooth with a little burn, but it makes you feel warm and relaxed, so having just a bit in a glass (adding a little ice if you want it chilled...and maybe diluted a bit) and sipping it is the best way to enjoy Jameson Black Barrel. A few family members bought a bottle at Jameson and we shared them whilst on our vacation in Ireland. I'm hoping to be able to find it around where I live because it was that good!
Kristian W.
Little Elm, TX
I am a major fan of Jameson naturally but the black barrel takes it up notch.

This is not your normal run if the mill whiskey. This has a more subtle initial taste, bold middle, and a variety of finishing tones.

Would recommend if you're looking for something that is a change of pace in flavor
Alex H.
kissimmee
Particularly not a fan of Irish whiskey though there are a few drink recipes that call for it. It’s not a smooth as a blended scotch but it caters to a different pallet. Great with coffee or PIckle juice(shots) it will be a great start to the day or a pick me up in late hours of the day.
mikayla c.
this stuff is one of a kind. My favorite part about drinking jameson black, is it goes so great with coke. Also if you are feeling a little risky, pour it over some ice! I dont drink Jameson as often as i want to but if i am going to. its going to be Black Barrel Irish!!
Debra M.
Felton
I'm in love with Irish whiskey. It does down pretty smooth, and I don't get hangovers when I drink it. Although if I drink too much, I do get violently ill. But I don't know that it's the whiskeys fault or my neighbors (who kept saying "let's take a shot"). It mixes pretty well, and after the 3rd shot I don't need a chaser. I will say that for the money this is decent, but there are better brands out there. Either way though, your still getting drunk, so may as well save your money and buy some chicken nuggets on your way home.
Hannah D.
Carriere, MS
I'm not a drinker. I cant stand the kickback and will never get over the harshness that clear liqour has. But wiskey my friend you do me well. My boyfriend and some friends had this and (since it had been a while since I last drank anything) I decided sure let me have a small glass. The flavour of the wiskey mixed with small amount of room temp coke was still pretty hard but had a rich aftertaste. Again, worth the purchase? Not for me but as with different folks, they might have different strokes.
Amber K.
Lewis Mcchord, WA
If you want to feel like you just got whipped by an Irishman drink this.  It's bitter ,dry, and angry and probably made with potatoes...probably it's irish. It leaves you feeling humiliated as you drink a chaser with each shot. You feel like you aren't strong enough to handle this drink as you try not to gag the bile that's heading up your throat ...this is an alcohol for the strongest bravest stomachs
Sara C.
walker
We love Jameson! Our favorite shot is a pickle back, shot of Jameson chased with a shot of pickle juice! Jameson has a refreshing flavor that leaves you wanting more! We will continue to buy for years to come
Gerardo V.
Pacoima
neat or with a splash of ginger beer, or with a whisper of ginger ale, tastes great with a hint of lemonade and a lime, oh yeah, with very little root beer, heck, goes with fries, steak, chicken, fish, oatmeal, cherries, pudding, on the deck, in the pool, after dinner, before dinner, with the lights on, yeah, and with the lights off, first thing when you wake up, last thing before you rest
Candiss O.
Hollywood, FL
My favorite Irish whiskey drink!!! Perfect ending to a day of toddler tantrums. I mix it with coke and it’s like the tantrums never happened. I love my son, but the terrible twos are in full effect. Treating myself every now and then is always a good idea.