BY JAMESON #23 in Whiskey

Jameson Black Barrel is a limited edition Irish Whiskey expertly crafted from a high proportion of Irish pot still whiskey and a rare small batch grain whiskey. First, a blend of malted and unmalted barley is distilled in pot stills and then aged in used sherry casks. It is then blended with rare, small batch grain whiskey which has been matured in deep-charred ex-bourbon barrels. The whiskey is matured in extra charred bourbon barrels developing aromatic notes of charred wood, deep spices and exotic fruit to create the unmistakable rich and smooth Jameson Black Barrel taste. see more...

• What cocktail you would recommend to make from this? 1 Answers
Caitlin W.
Brooklyn, NY
I had this while at the Jameson Distillery in Ireland during a whiskey tasting and it is really good! It's definitely richer than original Jameson because if the use of charred barrels in the process of making this particular whiskey. It's smooth with a little burn, but it makes you feel warm and relaxed, so having just a bit in a glass (adding a little ice if you want it chilled...and maybe diluted a bit) and sipping it is the best way to enjoy Jameson Black Barrel. A few family members bought a bottle at Jameson and we shared them whilst on our vacation in Ireland. I'm hoping to be able to find it around where I live because it was that good!
Michelle R.
Blountville
Great taste smooth mixes well highly recommend this product to others. Will mix well with just about anything over ice or blended. Great for making one drink or when hosting a crowd of people for a party. Set out a bottle and have different mixers so guest can blend their own drinks!!!
lizzy f.
Tempe
Hands down the best whiskey I have ever had! I did not think that whiskey could get any smoother!! One shot and you will definitely feel the heat. Buy this make of Jameson so you and your friends can enjoy it on a cold winter night.
Erin N.
Barberton , OH
Expensive. Delicious. Perfect. This is Jameson’s best whiskey in my option. I believe it even out does the gold label! Good on it’s own or mixed with ginger ale, coke or even orange juice! So. So. So. Good.
Yvonne L.
Indianapolis, IN
I am a big Jameson fan, I always have been. A friend bought my a bottle of Jameson Black Barrel for my wedding shower as well as Jameson swag. The Black Barrel has a crisp, more defined taste to it than regular Jameson. It was delicious and the flavor profile was amazing. I would definitely buy it again, or hopefully have it gifted to me. It was very smooth!
Kaley A.
saint cloud, MN
I love all the flavors that I’ve had. It goes down a lot smoother than the cheaper kinds. It’s pricey but worth the buy. I don’t get super sick and hungover from this as I do the cheap brands
Stephanie B.
Palm Coast
Aside from the pretty bottle that it comes in, the flavor of this whiskey is amazing!! Goes great in many different mixers or as a shot all on it's own. This will always be my number 1 go-to whiskey from off the shelf in a store or to purchase while out and about. I rate this whiskey a 10/10
Nikkie G.
This is really good and also makes a wonderful gift for a whisky lover.  Definitely strong and not for the light-hearted, but if you're a fan of whiskey, this is among the best.  Pricey but you get what you pay for, so it's worth it.  I only did 4 stars because I have a different favorite.
Kristian W.
Little Elm, TX
I am a major fan of Jameson naturally but the black barrel takes it up notch.

This is not your normal run if the mill whiskey. This has a more subtle initial taste, bold middle, and a variety of finishing tones.

Would recommend if you're looking for something that is a change of pace in flavor
Alex H.
kissimmee
Particularly not a fan of Irish whiskey though there are a few drink recipes that call for it. It’s not a smooth as a blended scotch but it caters to a different pallet. Great with coffee or PIckle juice(shots) it will be a great start to the day or a pick me up in late hours of the day.
Liga V.
What cocktail you would recommend to make from this?