Jade Leaf Matcha Green Tea Powder Organic

by Jade Leaf

#2 in Matcha

We believe that organic matcha green tea is a great addition to a healthy lifestyle. What often makes this tough is that authentic Japanese matcha (especially the organic variety) tends to be very expensive. So we set out to partner directly with the best organic farms in Japan, and the result has become our brand, Jade Leaf Matcha. We promise to offer the highest quality organic Japanese matcha at a fair price, so that you too can add it to your own healthy lifestyle.

How is the taste of this product?
Would you say this help you clear your skin?
Is this matcha tea good?
Start your review of Jade Leaf Matcha Green Tea Powder Organic!
Purchased at: Amazon
It took a few tries to get the right latte consistency and flavor, but now that I have it down I can officially say it's delicious. First attempt, I misread the recommendation and used a full teaspoon for one cup (8oz boiling water) then added a bit of milk - big mistake! Tasted like wheatgrass! Whatever you do, DON'T overdo it! Reattempted with 1/2 tsp, as it calls for, this time with only 3oz water and 5oz warm milk trying for a "true" latte. Too thick, and still a bit grassy. Third time's a charm: precise 1/2 tsp (level, not heeping) with a full 8oz boiling water, then added a generous amount of nondairy vanilla coffeemate, and BINGO. Perfection! And for those saying the small bag couldn't possibly be 30 servings - you may need to refresh your memory of dry unit measuring, as 1/2 tsp is a very small amount of powder. There could possibly be even more than 30 servings, if you measure precisely or even prefer a milder taste and use a tad less. Matcha is unlike regular teas and is very, very potent, being that you are consuming the powdered tea leaves themselves as opposed to just the extract. So you shouldn't really use more than 1/2 tsp per serving anyhow. Cheers!
Jade Leaf Matcha Green Tea Powder Organic uploaded by Nora M.
Purchased at: Amazon
#JadeLeafMatcha green tea powder: I wanted to see for myself if I could make a matcha latte and so far, so good. It’s unsweetened, and the packaging said to use one teaspoon of matcha powder… but it didn’t say didn’t say how much milk (or almond milk) so I had to figure out the ratio and find the right concentration myself but it wasn’t too hard. I’m sure there’s recipes on the company’s website too, but a little hint on the packet would’ve been nice. I didn’t know if I was supposed to add 1 tsp per quart, or 1 tsp per cup. Big difference. As stated, there’s no sweetener so you’ll probably want to add honey or simple syrup if you want it to taste like Starbucks matcha latte. But unsweetened is ok. In fact, that’s what you want in a culinary matcha product and it’s probably better if you’re watching your sugars. i’m not sure that I love the way it’s packaged. I ordered it online, and the contents shifted so when I zipped it open, a lot of the powder was up above the zipper and it opens on the front of the bag, vs at the top so I think that a lot of product will probably get wasted that way, but this is my first foray into culinary Matcha so we’ll see if that actually becomes a problem or not. In my opinion, the price was a bit expensive for the amount you get, just 30g. For those unaccustomed to the metric system that’s not very much at all, picture a couple of tablespoons of matcha (a very intense, green tea powder, similar in consistency to confectioners sugar or instant cocoa powder) and packaged in a small zippered opaque manufacturer’s baggie, no bigger than the size of a small, zip-lock sandwich bag. This is my first DIY matcha product. I enjoy matcha green tea so I am certain I will buy it again, or order it already prepared in a restaurant or café but as of now I’m undecided as to whether I will buy this particular brand again. I will use this, and then amend my review, if necessary. This product contains caffeine, but if you are using it in small amounts as a baking ingredient (ie: pound cake, green matcha shamrock shortbread cookies, etc.) one or two teaspoons of matcha powder, divided by an entire cake or a batch of cookies isn’t very much. The matcha is probably sufficiently thinned-out, so (other than the color and flavor) you probably won’t notice any jitteriness or other side-effects, like you might if you drank it straight. *Note for Matcha Tea/ Latte drinkers: Do not over consume this or ANY brand of matcha tea or latte. Although it did not make me jittery at all, it looks like a harmless milkshake and tastes mild and sweet, like green tea ice cream, you must remember that— unlike coffee lattes— which are water, filtered THROUGH ground-up coffee/espresso beans, and then diluted with milk and then (if it’s an iced latte) diluted further still by the residual water from the gradually melting ice cubes. However matcha lattes are still every bit as strong as plain matcha green tea. A matcha latte it is STILL straight-up Matcha. It’s the same amount of matcha powder, whether you’re mixing it with just water for tea or with milk/almond milk for a latte— and the leaves aren’t filtered THROUGH, like coffee grounds or traditional tea bag/ball. Matcha powder isn’t like powdered iced tea or instant coffee. With matcha powder, even though it tastes sweet and mild, remember, it’s not just “water (or milk) with a kick”. When you drink matcha (tea or latte) you’re consuming not a filtered or dehydrated product, you’re getting the actual tea leaves— ALL of it, just in powdered form. Matcha is tasty and had many benefits. It’s packed with antioxidants too, but remember, it still has caffeine, so caffeine-sensitive people should take care NOT to over-consume. It is generally good for you, but as always, it’s best when used in moderation. Take it easy with matcha just as you would with any other coffee or caffeinated product. Also, if you suffer from IBS or other digestive issues and you wish to try matcha tea or latte (this or ANY brand) please Google “matcha + digestive side effects” first. If you’ve done some quick research and still want to try it (if you have digestive issues, that is) it’s a good idea to try a little and wait 24 hours, preferably at home, to see how your digestive system tolerates it. Matcha sometimes has a cleansing effect if consumed in excess, so if you plan to drink it, so start slow and don’t exceed the recommended serving size.
Jade Leaf Matcha Green Tea Powder Organic uploaded by Annalise S.
Purchased at: Amazon
I. Am. Obsessed! This matcha was highly rated on Amazon and a good bang for my buck so I bought it. I'm so glad I did! I have been drinking this every single day since I got it and I can't go a day without it now. I make iced lattes or put it in my fruit smoothies for breakfast. I get a lot of headaches or feelings of grogginess and once I finish a drink with this matcha I feel so much better. It does have a bold taste, but I really like it. I have replaced my usual coffee with this and I don't think I will go back to coffee. This has as much caffeine as 1/4 cup of coffee and it is all I need to start my day. I've already been recommending this brand to friends who have been asking what my green drink is. You won't regret trying this!
Purchased at: Amazon
This is my favorite matcha powder! It's high quality and tastes great every time I order. The texture is finer than Starbucks matcha mix so drinks are very smooth. The reclosable bag is great. I tried a few other brands before I found this one and I only buy Jade Leaf now. I have been buying this matcha for several months and have been really happy with my purchases.
BANNING, CA
Purchased at: Walmart
This stuff is amazing!! I add it to my almond milk in the mornings and it is a perfect combination with my yogurt. I even had my sister try it and she loves it as well. I buy mine at Walmart for $6 + at Walmart, well worth the price and it has vastly become one of my favorites. So delicious!!
houston
Purchased at: H-E-B
“I love this product” it’s the best when. Matching with other soft drinks like milk mixing the powder makes it taste so good. I would recommend for anyone that wants to use organic powder matcha to make food or drinks.
171 E Alexander Ave
Jade leaf matcha it’s really good it tastes really good and also much is really good for your health I think I don’t really know so much like how it helps you but I drink it a lot
Triangle, VA
So let me just start by saying I absolutely love this product. I love everything matcha and cannot get my hands on it enough. I use this product with my vanilla protein shakes just the two together and shake it up and it tastes just like the Starbucks matcha lattes!
Homestead, FL
Jade Leaf Matcha Green Tea Powder Organic uploaded by Anita &.
Purchased at: Amazon
One of our absolute favorites for quite some time now has been matcha 😬. Matcha is ground up green tea that can be added to (almond, soy, coconut, whatever ya like) milk, coffee or water. It has, what I would call an acquired/slightly sweet taste, BUT the benefits are AMAZING 😍. Also, what’s super awesome are you can get a scoop of matcha added to lattes at Starbucks or any of your fav coffee shops. 👌🏽Like coffee, matcha can wake ya up and give you the energy to conquer the day ⚡️, BUT matcha doesn’t make you jittery or anxious and creates a “calm alertness.” It gives you a sustained energy boost ya need 🧠. We first tried this in an Australian coffee shop and were pretty surprised by the taste. Before we tried matcha, we were pretty into almond milk iced coffees, but after hearing about matcha and trying it out, we started incorporating it into our routines.
Matcha tea is delicious and has wonderful qualities.  Matcha is known to be a mood enhancer and metabolism booster.  It gives you an alertness from the caffeine in it, but you do not get the gitters because it has a calming agent that makes for alertness without the crash!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...