J.a. Henckels J.A. Henckels International Fine Edge Pro 7-Piece Cutlery Set

by J.a. Henckels

This set represents a revelation for any cook with a drawer full of stained, blunt knives. Nearly every basic kitchen-cutlery need is satisfied in one package compact enough to place on the counter within reach. The set includes a 7-inch hollow-edge santoku, an 8-inch chef's knife, a 5-inch serrated utility, and a 3-inch paring knife for peeling and cleaning vegetables and fruits. A 9-inch sharpening steel keeps their edges in order, and a pair of kitchen shears to snip herbs, flowers, or string is also included. Everything fits into the rubber-footed, solid hardwood block. International Fine Edge is an inexpensive cutlery line made in countries other than Henckels's home of Germany.

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of J.a. Henckels J.A. Henckels International Fine Edge Pro 7-Piece Cutlery Set!
How would you rate this product?
Brookland, AR
Good knives are the key to not hating cooking. For me, good knives also have to be able to survive the dishwasher. These have stayed sharp remarkably well and that's even with at least weekly dishwasher use and daily vegetable chopping. I do use a wood cutting board which helps avoid dulling, but these are a much better deal than cheaper knives. The first knives I bought seemed fine at first and then the handles started to wobble. They were swiftly replaced with these and I'd never go back.
Mount Juliet
Henckels are an extraordinary knife.  They maintain their sharpness much longer than any ordinary, department store knife.  I understand that it has everything to do with the steel that is used in their assembly.  When it comes to Henckels vs. ordinary department store knives, the secret is, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.  Once you go Henckels, you never go back.
NY, NY
J.a. Henckels J.A. Henckels International Fine Edge Pro 7-Piece Cutlery Set uploaded by Michelle B.
I love the weight of the 8" Chefs knife.  It's super user-friendly right out of the box.  The block is a bit bulky but it serves its purpose well.  For a small kitchen - or limited counter space you may want to just buy the knives and use a drawer storage solution.  With that said, I own a few other knives that I use in a working kitchen but for home, these are awesome.
Brockton, MA
Back when i was working at Bed Bath and Beyond I had to take a mandatory training on Knives. I have been obsessed with this brand every since. The quality is amazing and you don't have to sell your first born to get them either. The customer service is amazing and these knives will last so long. Mine are 10 years old and are so good still.
Ellerslie
Nice sharp knives. I never have a problem cutting through anything and are pretty balanced in the hand. Only thing I would change is it’s a bit bulky. The price I got them for was pretty reasonable. I would recommend these to anyone.
Consumer Reports is not currently testing Kitchen knives. Please see our Kitchen knives buying guide for more information. ... No kitchen is complete without a chef's knife, a slicer, a utility knife, and a parer, and a great cutlery set is the perfect addition to your kitchen ...
Georgetown, IN
Decorator Expert Level 3
Just bought these two weeks ago. We had once been given JA Henckels brand as a wedding gift. They lasted for many years and remained sharp throughout years of used. This is why I chose this brand. I expect to use these for many years.
I've had my knife set for many years now and I'm I'm still impressed every time I pick up one of my knives. Buy a set of these and you have a set of knives for life
Fuquay-Varina
We didn't need a big set of knives, but definitely looking for an upgrade.  We had a cheap store brand set of knives, but found ourselves wanting professional quality.  Someone suggested we look at J.a. Henckels.  Spoke with someone at a Kitchen specialty store and she said the same thing.  Bought them, took them home, used them...no looking back.  Have made cooking an absolute pleasure.  Now if they can only make something that makes cleaning up as fun!
Hamilton, ON
Great quality knives, from a reputable brand. Feel strong and study when you are using then. The only thing I can find wrong with this particular product is that it doesn't come with enough knives. I found I had to purchase a few extra knives to meet all my kitchen needs.

Looking for your answer?