BY IVYDATE #54 in Websites

Extraordinary singles. Just like you. Hand-selected & delivered to your inbox. - Community of smart, interesting singles - Private introductions via email - All members reviewed and approved by IvyDate Our promise is simple: We will introduce you to outstanding people. Our members exhibit an exceptional range of interests, accomplishments, and backgrounds, and share a respect for excellence – be it personal or professional. As such, all like-minded men and women are encouraged to apply, regardless of school affiliation or occupation. IvyDate is built to respect your privacy. We do not have a searchable database of impersonal profiles. Instead, you will directly receive pre-screened matches in your inbox each week. see more...

IvyDate Online Introduction Service
  • "I'm not sure if this is actually free but I would not go promoting a website with so little information to a single friend." in 12 reviews
  • "I do feel bad because this does look like a nice dating site, but it will never get the right interest if you include it in a box of someone already engaged" in 5 reviews
  • "I don't have many single friends and I live in the Midwest which is hardly a hot spot for dating site entrepreneurs." in 3 reviews
Ana C.
When i received this card i thought, Who do i throw that is single and would try out an online dating sight? most of my guy friends probably would laugh at the thought but i gave it to one anyways. He promised me he would check it out. Hope to get an update from him soon. Who knows, maybe it will be his wedding we attend next!
Rachel B.
Quincy , MA
So it seems more people are complaining about receiving this product than ACTUALLY reviewing it. So I'm going to write how I feel about Ivydate. First of all, they put it in the box so that if you have a friend who is on the dating scene, they could possibly be interested in it. I happen to have a friend that uses online dating sites a lot so I thought she might like it. So she checked it out. If you look at the description of the site here on influenster, you'll see that it's a website for people that are "outstanding" aka elitist jerks. Ivydate is named because they say that many of their members went to ivy league schools and that they have a "respect for excellence." WTF is this crap? Sorry, none of my friends are Ivy League, and they're all down-to-earth, relaxed people. My friend had NO interest in meeting a bunch of rich, stuck up jerks. Not to mention they have to approve you first. It's such an elitist, uppity idea that I can't imagine why influenster would put this in the box. My friend was really disappointed as was I.
Sara U.
Renton, Wa
I'm really unsure how to rate this accurately. I feel like I've been duped because this card took the place of a potentially awesome item in my box. In place of this card, I would have much rather received a pair of socks or deodorant, two things people don't generally enjoy receiving. I understand what it's for but it's really no fun for me. I don't have many single friends and I live in the Midwest which is hardly a hot spot for dating site entrepreneurs. In the end, I think I may use the code myself just to see what the fuss is about but I'll be sure to tell my fiance first so he can review the site with me.
Autumn G.
Hadley, MI
Alright, I am giving this a B for two reasons. One, because when I opened the box, my fiance was with me and me and him cracked up when he said "Well! you don't need that!" and I said "oh...I might try it out...just to see if you really are the best there is!" We giggled all day about it. So I gave this to my friend who was saying over. My very single maid of honor. She registered and said it was very easy to create her profile. Not sure how it will be for her in the long run though. Maybe she can find a date to my wedding! lol
Raeshuna C.
Arlington, TN
I saw this in my voxbox and it instantly brought me to laughter. Like others have stated, I see the point of this, but I don't think I will give this to any friends. To me, that's rude. It's like saying, "I know you're having trouble finding someone on your own, so take this card. It'll introduce you to tons of strangers that could possibly be as bad as the other person you've dated." While it gave me a good laugh, I think this will probably be going into the trash or made into a fun little game at my bachelorette party.
Shannon S.
Kalamazoo, MI
I gave this to my best friend and so far she really likes the site. She said it's a nice alternative to many other popular site because it's kind of a different selection of people rather than some of the bad experiences she has had with others. She likes having the selected matches show up even though some of them she questions, lol. All in all she's enjoying it so far though there are not a huge amount of real local people for her as she lives a bit of a drive away from the city.
Tia S.
I pulled this out and looked at my fiancée and said " I should check this out before I go giving the code away increase I need a backup if you get cold feet" he laughed as I pulled up the web page. It was designed by two Harvard graduates and the VIP gives you access to exclusive parties, restaurants, and getaways. Does that include a plane ticket because I doubt these exclusive parties are in Minnesota.

All in all we got a good laugh.
Valerie K.
Scotrun , Pa
I honestly feel bad for this company. I don't know why them or influenster thought it would be a good idea to put it in a bridal box. I think it would be better suited to a Cosmo box. I don't think this company will get a fair shake being in this box.

I understand its to give to our single friends but really? Is that what us brides are really thinking or worrying about? If our friends will have a date?

Megan H.
Bowling Green, KY
I was a little confused at first as to why I had received this considering I will soon be getting married. Giving this to a friend is a great idea if you know someone who is into internet dating. I however, do not. Most of my friends are in relationships already, the rest of them have no interest in finding a partner online. Maybe I'll find someone to pass this along to.
Jessica D.
Frederick, MD
I get it but I don't. I understand that there are going to be single ladies at a wedding and in the bridal party. But how do you approach one of those single ladies? "I know you are not currently seeing someone at the moment, but here is a card to an online dating service so that you can find that special someone." If i were the single gal, I would be offended. It would feel like pity and that I couldn't find a suitable person for me on my own.
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
I've noticed low ratings. Should I give it a shot or should I try something else?