by Ivory
Ask a Question
Christina L.
Christina L.
Frazeysburg, OH

Ok I may be telling my age but I have to ask, for those of you who can remember back to elementary school, I made this craft with Ivory bar soap in Girl Scouts you may have made it somewhere to: Do you remember a craft, usually Christmas time, you used a bar of Ivory, rolled up a new wash cloth any color, held it in the roll with a straight pin or two then used a couple more pins to pin it upright to the soap, used a piece of red felt cut in the shape of a flame attached to the top of the cloth with a dab of glue. Then took a piece of colored foil paper or net toll, sat the assembled items in the middle and pulled it up around the soap just around the base of the cloth and secure with pipe cleaner or ribbon then make a horseshoe loop with a pipecleaner and attach to soap to mimmick a handle and wa la la you have a "scented candle" and a gift to give a loved one? As soon as I can find an old photo of mine I will post it. I gave my grandmother one of these in 1977 and she still has it!
April M.
April M.
July 24, 2014, 12:52 p.m.
I was in Girl Scouts but this was never one of our projects. Sounds like a fun one to have done!

Join Now