Ivory has been around forever! What's your first or your favorite memory of it?

5 answers

I lived in S Jersey and I had a bunch of cousins, who lived in S Philly. We we’re together all the time, especially summers. I remember being in their back “yard” playing in their kiddie pool. When we were finished, we went right into the bathtub with a bar of Ivory soap. I don’t know how old I was exactly, but I was no older than five yrs old. I’m turning 60, so Ivory’s been around a very long time. I loved it as a kid, and still do. The scent always lifts my spirit and makes me feel good.
il y a un an
Hey Cassandra! I don't remember my first memory of it, however, I do remember growing up whenever we'd have this soap in our house, it would usually mean that someone (either a close friend of my parents or a relative) would be back home from abroad. This was a favorite souvenir or "pasalubong" as we call here in the Philippines because the local supermarkets didn't distribute Ivory back then. :)
il y a un an
My mother swore by ivory soap and the 99.44% purity. And who can forget it floated, in my tub.
il y a un an
I'll go first! My family went camping at a lake every year while I was in my single digits and we'd all wash up in the lake with ivory soap because it floats and we wouldn't lose it and do any more damage than we'd already done to the fish in the pond! In hindsight now I feel bad for introducing soap to their environment but I'm just hoping it was diluted enough that it wasn't harmful to them!