Bethany G.

I heard you can use Ivory as a laundry detergent. Can anyone tell me how?

Cierra C.
Cierra C.
Rockmart, GA
5 years, 10 months ago
Awesome i should try this!
Katelyn F.
Katelyn F.
Cheney, WA
6 years, 1 month ago
If you Google your question I'm sure you could find a great step by step tutorial for making Ivory Bar Soap into laundry detergent :)
Elizabeth H.
Elizabeth H.
Massillon, OH
6 years, 1 month ago
Microwave - Pinterest has great tips like these.
Diana V.
Diana V.
Boca Raton, FL
6 years, 1 month ago
I only use them for my body
Rose S.
Rose S.
Greeley, CO
6 years, 1 month ago
Put the bar of soap in the microwave for 30 seconds. when it comes out put it into a food processor or blender until its a fine powder. Add two cups borax and two cups washing soda. mix well. Use 1-2 tbls makes a wonderful POWDERED DETERGENT. It is HE safe
D L.
D L.
6 years, 1 month ago
A little off topic of your original question, but I wanted to share a tip. Ivory soap makes the best spot cleaner ever. Dampen the bar just a tiny bit and rub it on whatever stain you have. Leave it for a few minutes to set then wash as usual with the rest of your laundry. I swear it gets out just about anything and works so much better than other spot cleaners for me.
Alexandra D.
Alexandra D.
PINCOURT, QC
6 years, 1 month ago
You can do it but i don't recommend doing it
Influenster M.
Influenster M.
6 years, 1 month ago
You can shave it down and use the shavings in your laundry. I have done it and it works! Try it in a small load with minimal amount first before trying a bunch. You need to see if it works for you first. It works just fine for me and my family.
Chelsea L.
Chelsea L.
Ocala, FL
6 years, 1 month ago
I just shave it up and add half a cup of the shavings to my laundry. First water then shavings then the clothing.
Candi E.
Candi E.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 4
I put it in the microwave and let it puff up, once it cools down I crumble it into a fine powder and use it that way, or you could shave off pieces but they are harder to dissolve.