Ivory Bar Soap

based on 844 reviews

Ivory bar soap is 99.44% pure (it floats!). It provides healthier, smoother and more even-looking skin. Also, its versatility makes it an effective laundry soap (just chip soap flakes into the washer) as well as a spot stain remover on your clothes (including delicate items). Ivory bars can even be used for a fun soap carving project with the family! .

Highlights
Tiffany J.
  • I received this in my TLC voxbox & it's great for sensitive skin, full of natural ingredients and doesn't agitate my eczema I also have! in 54 reviews.

• Quinn Y.
  • Not only do I use this as hand soap, we've also used it for experiments (microwave a bar, trust me it's fun) and even homemade laundry detergent. in 13 reviews.

• Jennifer M.
  • Smells great has great moisture, if floats and I used it in dental school to carve a tooth. in 13 reviews.

• Jessica C.
  • The bars can last a long time if you keep them properly, and if you pop them in the microwave for a few seconds, you can make an awesome foam for kids! in 12 reviews.

• Kelsey P.
  • I really like this as an alternative to body wash or as a cheap bar to take and leave behind when traveling (so I'm not carrying sticky, wet soap back in my cosmetics bag). in 11 reviews.

0 character used

Add Picture
    HIGHLIGHTED REVIEWS
    Sasha I.

1 influenster found this helpful

I'm not sure how many people know this, but I vory soap has more than one use. I actually rarely use it for what it's actually purpose is, which is for bathing (soap). I often buy this product at Dollarama, as a single bar, for my Mom. She has had issues with restless leg syndrome for several years, and has tried almost everything to relieve the symptoms, but almost nothing has helped. Until one day, she read that Ivory soap is supposed to help. She placed it under her sheets on her mattress, and went to bed. She couldn't believe that it actually helped - she slept soundly, and has been using it ever since. She is able to get some rest, and has noticed that if she doesn't have it, or if one bar has been there for too long a period, and hasn't been exchanged with a new one, she can't sleep! Who would've thought that something that simple can help aid/alleviate restless legs (which have no known cure)?

Katie H.

1 influenster found this helpful

Ok, I'll be honest, I usually use Ivory body wash. I keep this in the cabinet as a back up if I run out or if I have guests who prefer bar soap. Great scent and a great product. It's also great if you need a science experiment. Ivory bars are less dense than most brands so the particles are farther apart and there is more air. When air heats, it expands. Warm up different brands of soap bars in the microwave and prove the above by seeing which brands expand the most (or grow the biggest). This is a super fun experiment to practice no matter how old you or your kids are! Just watch and handle carefully as you can burn the soaps (it will smoke) and it will be hot when you remove from microwave!

Andrea B.

1 influenster found this helpful

I'm so thankful for Ivory soap and this other brand of soap that I like to buy. The other brand that I buy is the Oil of Olay soap. You can't buy Dial soap anymore because of the ingredients to make the soap antibacterial. We can't use that all the time anymore. Antibacterial soap make your body hard to fight bacteria or when we need antibiotics for our body, makes it hard for it to work because of using antibacterial soap all the time. When I heard about that, I just started using Ivory soap and any other soap that doesn't have those ingredients in it. Regular soap will get you cleaner just as well as any antibacterial soap.

Rachel R.

1 influenster found this helpful

This is an old school favorite of mine. My father has used Ivory soap ever since I can remember, so I can't help but love the smell. It isn't too drying, it's inexpensive, and it really leaves your skin feeling ultra clean and soft. If you're a super dry skin type, I wouldn't recommend using Ivory (or most bad soaps!) because it may leave your skin too dry, causing either breakouts or flaky patches - no me gusta. I always feel like bar soaps leave the most amount of fragrance on your skin once they're rinsed off, too, and this has such a gentle, fresh scent - it smells like clean laundry and a freshly made bed!

Stephanie M.

1 influenster found this helpful

At one time, Ivory was the only soap my delicate skin could handle. The purity factor of 99.44% is stuck in my head, an old slogan on a commercial... It floats in the water! It has a distinct scent and is a great basic bad of soap. Especially for those who have breakout issues on the body, this one will not compromise the condition or make you more itchy.
    Although I no longer see a dermatologist for my condition disappeared, this soap is always a go to for my family.

HIGHLIGHTED Q&A
    tyra p.
    tyra p.

i been looking for a good quality soap is this good fpr the skin amd hpw does it effect?

0 answersMay 29 - 2016 - 8:14 a.m.
    Becca S.
    Becca S.

I've been thinking about switching from body wash back to bar soap, and I've heard lots of good things about this brand. Though I'm wondering if it is good for those with sensitive skin?

4 answersFeb 09 - 2016 - 4:22 p.m.
    m r.
    m r.

has anyone heard of using this on your face to rid of acne? does it work?

2 answersDec 12 - 2015 - 3:23 p.m.
    Michele B.
    Michele B.

How long has ivory soap been in your families household?

11 answersNov 15 - 2013 - 10:40 p.m.
    Jennifer C.
    Jennifer C.

How much do you pay for this and do you use coupons?

3 answersAug 13 - 2013 - 10:01 p.m.
    Christina L.
    Christina L.

Ivory has my vote for MVP. How many purposes does it serve? Let me count the ways. 1st and foremost it's cleaning power, scent & lack of icky residue on my skin and tub. 2nd it's an awesome art medium for the grandbabies and I. Check them out on Pinterest. 3rd it makes a nice lubricant for removing tight rings, removes ink from most surfaces and did I mention fun in the tub? Just try to sink a bar! Won't let me post a review. Anyone else having problems?

0 answersJun 06 - 2015 - 7:23 a.m.
    ASK A QUESTION

Welcome to Influenster! You're one click away from unlocking exclusive rewards, like free full-sized products!

Join Now