Add a Photo

#50 in Bar Soap
Photos (42)
Sara H.
Sara H.

Recently I have began a diet that requires I use no oils in any of the foods that I eat. Little did I know that I would also have to use all oil free makeup, hair products, toothpastes, and soaps. One of the recommended soap products was Ivory Bar Soap. Now, I am usually not a fan of bar soap. However, I have been pleasantly surprised by this bar. It suds up very nicely on my loofa, goes a long way (I don't have to keep adding more because it is not drying at all), and does not leave any kind of residue on my skin. I am also able to use this bar on a washcloth for my face and it has not caused any irritation! The scent of the bar is very refreshing and makes my entire bathroom smell awesome! The scent also lingers on my body keeping me smelling fresh but not being overpowering. Most importantly, I can tell the entire texture and feel of my skin has changed. My skin feels soft, smooth, and hydrated! Overall, I would definitely recommend Ivory Bar Soap! I'm giving it 4/5 stars because I do love what it is. Taking off one star because there are bar soaps out there with a slightly more pleasing visual aesthetic.
Sasha I.
Sasha I.
Thornhill, Ontario

I'm not sure how many people know this, but I vory soap has more than one use. I actually rarely use it for what it's actually purpose is, which is for bathing (soap). I often buy this product at Dollarama, as a single bar, for my Mom. She has had issues with restless leg syndrome for several years, and has tried almost everything to relieve the symptoms, but almost nothing has helped. Until one day, she read that Ivory soap is supposed to help. She placed it under her sheets on her mattress, and went to bed. She couldn't believe that it actually helped - she slept soundly, and has been using it ever since. She is able to get some rest, and has noticed that if she doesn't have it, or if one bar has been there for too long a period, and hasn't been exchanged with a new one, she can't sleep! Who would've thought that something that simple can help aid/alleviate restless legs (which have no known cure)?
Katie H.
Katie H.
Columbia , SC

Ok, I'll be honest, I usually use Ivory body wash. I keep this in the cabinet as a back up if I run out or if I have guests who prefer bar soap. Great scent and a great product. It's also great if you need a science experiment. Ivory bars are less dense than most brands so the particles are farther apart and there is more air. When air heats, it expands. Warm up different brands of soap bars in the microwave and prove the above by seeing which brands expand the most (or grow the biggest). This is a super fun experiment to practice no matter how old you or your kids are! Just watch and handle carefully as you can burn the soaps (it will smoke) and it will be hot when you remove from microwave!
Cindy S.
Cindy S.
Pittsburgh, PA

Ivory soap is the one item in my beauty and hygiene routine that will NEVER change. As long as they continue to make soap and don't change their original formulas, I am a lifetime Ivory Soap user. I've tried many, many other brands over the years but nothing compares. The formula is so gentle on my sensitive skin amd doesn't leave it dried out as other soaps do. I also hate scented soaps which is another reason Ivory is my brand of choice; I opt for the unscented version but the original has such a light soap smell that it doesn't bother me either. I am very brand loyal to Ivory Soap and love that it does the job it's supposed to do without any added pizazz.
Elizabeth B.
Elizabeth B.

I have used Ivory since I was a child and even though I tried different products after moving out for college, I had to come back to Ivory. It is the ONLY soap that does not cause my body to break out in acne or a rash. I have super sensitive skin and this is the only soap I trust. It's inexpensive which is great for a college student (I buy mine in 10 packs for about $5-$6 at Target). This is also one of my go-to stain removers. It's gentle on clothes and gets out just about every stain I've ever tried it on, including yellow pit stains on white shirts (just need a little extra elbow grease sometimes). I'm so happy they started making a body wash too.
Andrea B.
Andrea B.
Thomasville, AL

I'm so thankful for Ivory soap and this other brand of soap that I like to buy. The other brand that I buy is the Oil of Olay soap. You can't buy Dial soap anymore because of the ingredients to make the soap antibacterial. We can't use that all the time anymore. Antibacterial soap make your body hard to fight bacteria or when we need antibiotics for our body, makes it hard for it to work because of using antibacterial soap all the time. When I heard about that, I just started using Ivory soap and any other soap that doesn't have those ingredients in it. Regular soap will get you cleaner just as well as any antibacterial soap.
Rachel R.
Rachel R.
Tecumseh, OK

This is an old school favorite of mine. My father has used Ivory soap ever since I can remember, so I can't help but love the smell. It isn't too drying, it's inexpensive, and it really leaves your skin feeling ultra clean and soft. If you're a super dry skin type, I wouldn't recommend using Ivory (or most bad soaps!) because it may leave your skin too dry, causing either breakouts or flaky patches - no me gusta. I always feel like bar soaps leave the most amount of fragrance on your skin once they're rinsed off, too, and this has such a gentle, fresh scent - it smells like clean laundry and a freshly made bed!
Fabbie E.
Fabbie E.

This soap is great for my skin. I have extremely sensitive skin, and was looking for a soap to use that would not break me out. I have tried dove, cetaphil. st ives, oil of olay, ... etc... (pretty much everything.) And for the people who said it does not have a good smell...Its natural! The whole reason a lot of people buy it so they will not break out. If you want perfume in your soap, then get a different kind.... Some people..... lol..... Any who.... this is better than dove to me as well, bc I Also have rosecea and this soap does not make my face itch either! And it always feels so clean afterwards!
Makenzie G.
Makenzie G.
Oakdale, LA

I suffer from extreme sensitive skin. I've found that certain lotions, perfume, body wash, body spray, washing detergent, deodorants, face wash, and even soaps break me out and make my skin break out or my ache worse. After trying several different soaps during the year I've found that #ivory #soap is gentle for my skin and it doesn't break me out. I've found that the soap also keeps it's fragrance over the period of time of usage. I highly recommend this soap for people with sensitive skin, I know everyone is different but this just might help.
maya t.
maya t.

This soap was very soap-y, meaning it was easy to lather and quick to sud. When applied to the skin, it goes on smoothly, and it cleans very well. I have very sensitive skin, and it made no reaction when used on my face. I used this soap daily for about two weeks, and I never had any problems with it. One con this soap brings forward is that it leaves skin feeling rather dry when taken off, and a thin film can be felt if it isn't rinsed off well enough. Other than that, I would definitely recommend this product.
Bethany G.
Bethany G.

I heard you can use Ivory as a laundry detergent. Can anyone tell me how?
Michele B.
Michele B.
Naples, ME

How long has ivory soap been in your families household?
Kellene S.
Kellene S.
Alamosa, CO

Does anyone like the way it leaves your skin feeling?
Brandi J.
Brandi J.
N Charleston, SC

Who has tried the fun craft project with Ivory by microwaving it? My kids love this trick!
Christine R.
Christine R.
Arden, NC

Does anyone else have issues with this soap drying out their skin??

Join Now