IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better Makeup Primer+ 1 oz/ 30 mL

An oil-free, makeup-gripping primer that hydrates your skin and extends the wear of your makeup. Skin Type: Normal, Dry, Combination, and Oily Skincare Concerns: Dryness, Pores, and Dullness and Uneven TextureHighlighted Ingredients:- Glycerin: Known to help skin retain moisture. - Bark Extract: Helps improve the overall look of skin quality and texture. - Ginger Root Extract: Known for its smoothing properties. What Else You Need to Know: Featuring all day grip technology, this makeup-gripping base hydrates and helps even the look of your skin tone. Plus, it delivers a smooth makeup application that lasts and refines the look of pores with continued use.

Is this 8 hours long lasting primer?
Start your review of IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better Makeup Primer+ 1 oz/ 30 mL!
IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better Makeup Primer+ 1 oz/ 30 mL uploaded by Wendy T.
I have used a lot of IT cosmetics products. I have oily, dehydrated, and acne prone skin. The reason why I looked forward to using this product was because it was primer that was supposed to be oil free and matte. My face, tends to be really oily at the end of the day, and a lot of my tinted moisturizers and foundations tend to patch and lift from all the oil, making me look like a greasy mess. Generally this primer would be really great if I didn't use a lot of hydrating skin care products prior to using this primer. Since I am on an acne regimen, I have been focusing a lot on hydrating my face, which makes this primer or less effective, because it forms a layer on top of my face, rather than being that base for my face. When I used the primer without hydrating my face, it worked really well, and my makeup and tinted moisturizer stayed on really well by the end of the day. I did get oily but it minimized it so much that I honestly was surprised. I had to block a lot less, and didn't have to worry about running to the restroom to apply a thin coat of translucent powder to fix my oily face.however if I'm thoroughly hydrating that day, with multiple layers of essences and serums to make my skin more hydrated and supple, the primer doesn't really adhere well to my skin, it makes it harder to spread makeup or moisturizer on my face without looking streaky. It takes a little to work at it, but it's still doable.
Soooo I kinda hate IT COSMETICS brand , everything I’ve tried from them I’ve hated 😝 But I got this primer In my Ipsy bag and I tried it out with the horrible CC+ cream and it just made everything look worse ! I have oily skin but I have been noticing I have a few dry patches because of winter and this primer just avoided those dry areas and than made the rest of my face splotchy and dry for the CC+ cream . This primer full sized is $39 so very pricey for something that is terrible Here are the claims . it’s a magnet 🧲 for your makeup { this I can say was true the places the primer actually went the CC+ cream did not slip away} . Hydrated and smooths skin { this is an absolute NO this primer did not help smooth or hydrate my face .minimize pores { this was a yes , even though it did emphasize my dry patches and give me splotchy skin it did minimize my pores very good
Edwardsville, IL
I've always loved the "idea" of a primer, but they never seem to live up to what I think I primer will do. As someone with aging, yet often oily skin, primers either emphasize my wrinkles or create more oil, for me. I've been hesitant to purchase "oil free" formulas because I think "dry" and exaggerated wrinkles. IT Cosmetics Oil-Free Makeup Grip is the exception! After just one use, I noticed a smooth application and soft base for foundation, not dry! My foundation adhered to the primer beautifully, truly with grip. After hours went by, I expected make-up separation, oily t-zone, and/or emphasized lines and wrinkles. Instead, I found none of the above! At the end of the work day, my make-up was still in place, no oil and no dryness. I've literally tried more primers than I can count and have a drawer full of them. This just may be the best.
I really hate to leave a bad review for It Cosmetics but I was VERY disappointed in this primer. It piled so badly that I really don't even know if it works or not. I did my usual skincare routine & it was a mess. The directions say apply onto clean skin over moisturizer so on my second try I washed my face, skipped my serum & only used moisturizer. I know plenty of time passed because after my moisturizer I actually took my kids to school so my moisturizer had almost an hour to soak in. Also this time I tried patting it on. The primer did the exact same thing so I'm not going to be trying it again. That being said I did like the consistency of the primer, it looked & felt great but it's definately not for me.
Warren, MI
Purchased at: ULTA
An amazing quality primer!! Gives skin an almost matte airbrushed finish and helps disguise pores and fine lines. It definitely makes makeup kicked in place for a whole day. Also only a little is needed to give the best result. My only tip is that it does not work with every foundation. This is best with your matte and fuller coverage foundations. I tried it with a few different ones and the lightweight hydrating (dewy finish) foundations did not apply well on top of this primer.
Tazewell, VA
IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better Makeup Primer+ 1 oz/ 30 mL uploaded by Stefany S.
I like this so far. Today is the first time I have tried this primer. It is very easy to apply and blend, I had no problems at all.. I have to use it few more days then I will write another review. So far it is long lasting. I have had my makeup on since 3:00 a m. And it is 1:00 p.m. right now Bd it is still looking good.
Cape coral, FL
This primer is AMAZING! I received this in my Ipsy bag and had never tried it before. I have a hard time with primers because I can break out easily and I hate how my makeup already sits in my pores. The first time I used this primer my foundation glided on, I thought it was a fluke but it has made my skin so silky every time I have used it. I highly recommend this primer, it is great for combination/oily skin and aging skin with fine lines.
This is another travel size product from ipsy that I like. Its a very light oil free primer that leaves a soft matte finish without drying the skin. It does help to blur the skin but some texture/pores do still show through. I'm really into the hydrating matte formula. Its perfect for combo skin because it works to reduce shine and oil as well as moisturizing dry spots. Its got a great balance. It cosmetics as always has great quality products.
Martinsburg , WV
I received the sample size in my Ipsy bag and just didn’t like it. I am obsessed with primers and I have never had one make my makeup clump up on my face, until I used this. My pores looked larger and my makeup did something crazy. It’s like it pooled in different places on my face. And the primer was the only thing new I used. It was terrible. I’m glad I didn’t buy a full size version. I’m not even going to finish the sample.
Sherrills Frd, NC
Worked Great for Me! Not sure What these are supposed to do if Foundation works Great enough you don’t need Primer..Right? Too Old School Maybe..OR Know that Companies have to make $$ so have to come up w/ Same Product just their CO’s. Probably doesn’t make sense. Anyway this Primer was light & Didnt feel tacky/sticky like most I’ve Felt Sample (& didn’t buy ). If I was going to use Face Primer than IT works Great!