iRobot Roomba 530 Vacuum Cleaning Robot

by iRobot

#6 in Vacuums

Is this product worth it? I really would like to keep up with my household cleaning but need to know if it does a good job? I seen it on Amazon.
Recommend for use around children and dogs? Good for hardwood/carpet?
Does this work well on tile?
Start your review of iRobot Roomba 530 Vacuum Cleaning Robot!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“We have hardwood floors and I swear, there is always something tracked in, or pet hair, or whatever else.” in reviews
“...long haired cat and two dogs and this thing picks up a ton of cat and dog hair and dirt!” in reviews
“Mine is already scratched up because it goes under so many things that I can barely fit under - and get stuck sometimes, requiring my help.” in reviews
“I like the roomba for its hands free cleaning, however, ours has trouble keeping suction when transferring from hardwood floors to our rug.” in reviews
I’ve had my Roomba for several years, and I’ve been able to replace parts to keep it going without having to buy a whole new machine. I really like that they offer ways to keep the machine running rather than try to sell you a new machine. Roomba is a very convenient way to keep your whole house vacuumed. I have cats so hair gets everywhere. Running the Roomba every day helps keep my house from becoming a giant furball.
I love my irobot. It was a game changer when I got this bad boy. I love that it vaccums and all I have to do is empty out the little container that holds the dirt. You will need to empty it every day you run it, but that is so easy to do. It is not terrible loud but does make noise.
Littleton, CO
Decorator Expert Level 2
Even though he is old, he still does his job well enough. Older models like this are difficult to find replacement parts for. These will not replace an actual deep clean from a hand push vacuum, but when you are feeling lazy... Roomba has your back.
Love this thing I just wish it didn’t die so much and had a longer lasting battery! But it is definitely helped for getting up dog hair or just dirt in general. Also it’s good to go over small bumps in the change of the flooring around your house.
San Bernardino, CA
I didn't think this vacuum would do much, but it does!In this area where I live gets very dusty, it gets hectic always trying to keep up, but with the roomba iRobot I don't need to vacuum everyday!! it's a little expensive but worth it.
Hendersonvlle, TN
It’s ok I guess. I rarely use it because I don’t like to hear it roam around. The WiFi model seems like one that would better fit. So that I could use it while I’m at work.
Omaha, TX
I am in love with my roomba cleaning robot! I have two dogs and hardwood floor so this saves me so much time picking up all the fluff they leave around! I’ve had mine for over 10 years so if you take care of it this will last!I am in love with my roomba cleaning robot! I have two dogs and hardwood floor so this saves me so much time picking up all the fluff they leave around! I’ve had mine for over 10 years so if you take care of it this will last!
Mooresville, NC
We have one and named it Donovan. We even put a face on him with the Cricut. It does an excellent job getting those messes or general sweeping. I have found though, you need to have anything with strings, cords, fabric, even unseen dog poo off the floor because it is so thorough, that those tgings will get sucked up in it and burn out the motor. If it picks up dog poo or pee, the smell is extremely hard to get rid of afterwards. This is an amazing machine that does its job very very well.
Denton, TX
Purchased at: Walmart
This is great! I was able to get mine for $60 since it is an older model. The only con to this module is that you can't control it from your phone. But it is still worth it all I have to do is push the clean button and it dose the hole house. I run mine twice a day because my dog sheds like crazy this helps me keep up. I still vacuum with my large vacuum once a week. I don't think this is needed unless your dog is like mine. He just stands up and a ton of hair just falls off.
Atlanta, GA