BY IPSY #2 in Subscription Boxes

• Is anyone else think Ipsy is getting cheaper with there products....85 Answers
  • Ipsy or Birchbox? Which would you prefer to subscribe to?196 Answers
  • I wonder if anyone else out there is doing this?   I have a frien...2 Answers
iPSY
  • "Waiting for my ipsy bag to come in every month is what i live on, the bags are always so adorable and i have never received a product i didn't like or didn't use!" in 629 reviews
  • "The ipsy bags are so cute and getting full sized products are definitely something that I look forward to especially being only $10 a month!" in 490 reviews
  • "its amazing for the price you pay and the nail polishes are always amazing...some product arent as good so i never end up using them otherwise if youre a person who likes discovering new products u shud consider subscribing to ipsy " in 293 reviews
  • "I love IPSY ..You go on IPSY's website and take a quick little test..So your makeup bag is fit for your skin tone, your style, what type of items you would like in the bag and every month for just $10.00, (there's no hidden fees, No cancelation fees), You get a different themed Cosmetic bag, With the worth being way more than $10.00." in 227 reviews
  • "It's overall a bag with great variety and is great for making yourself try new things you would never otherwise try (recently I got some dry shampoo...would never buy it otherwise but I love it now)." in 219 reviews
Charlene W.
Aurora, OH
I think subscription services are AMAZING. Forget the stress of shopping for new makeup, clothes, healthy food, etc. Get them delivered right to your door for a great deal, much lower than the products’ retail prices! I’ll tell you about one of my favorite subscription makeup bags that I’ve been getting for almost a whole year now, Ipsy!

Ipsy is only $10 a month, (even cheaper when you buy a whole year!) and you get 5 beauty products a month, which are either full size or deluxe size. On top of that super steal, just by rating your products each month, you gets points which you can redeem for full size products! I just redeemed 500 points that I’ve been racking up, so in my next bag, I get a set of designer lashes! GLAM LASHES ARE MY FAV, and we all know how expensive they can be (literally I’ve paid $20 for a good set). Finally, they offer different discounts every month for subscribers to high end makeup websites.

Take a look inside my October glam bag. I LOVED every single product and gave them all 5 stars. However, your bag might look completely different than mine each month because on the Ipsy app, you can customize your settings to make sure you receive items that you WANT and will USE. You all know that I love my press-on nails, so I requested never to receive nail polishes, rather mascaras and liquid lipsticks instead. Ipsy will listen to your preferences. You can also add your skin and hair tone and type as well as eye color, so your products matches your needs.

Brands in my October glam bag: Marc Anthony, Urban Decay, Tarte, Meech and Mia, and MDMflow

Overall, Ipsy offers amazing services and products for such a low cost and they are very responsive to your wants for your monthly glam bag. Having this subscription bag also really helps me resist splurging on makeup, because I get surprised with so many new items every few weeks and don’t feel the need to anymore. Click here to TRY IT OUT, even if its just for a month! Comment or send me a message if you want my sign up code, which will give us both a boost on our points!
Julia M.
Middle Village
I've been doing Ipsy the last year and honestly have no complaints. I originally started just because i wanted to have a gift for myself every month and it would excite me for only 10.89 a month. I'm not to heavily into make up so i wanted small products i could use when I'm occasionally going on. I didn't think that i would love these products to the point i am purchasing them (full size) through the ipsy app or searching for them online. Having cute little monthly subscriptions like this introduces me to expensive products i would never purchase before trying on my own. They give you high quality products/brands that you wouldn't find so small in stores. The last star lacks because sometimes i do get products that i didn't request on my personal survey and have no interest in. But every bag comes in handy as well, and so cute!!!! I love Ipsy :-) belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb is the latest product I've fell in LOVE with and bought the full size version right away.
Jade S.
Full-size MORPHE E61 Pointed Highlight Brush

Ugh crying
Joscelyn B.
North Hills, CA
Ipsy is my favorite subscription. I have done my research too. I decided to subscribe to monthly boxes - Birchbox, Ipsy, Sephora Play, and quarterly boxes - Beautycon Box (sadly now retired), and Fabfitfun. Of the monthly subscriptions Ipsy is ultimately the most successful in my opinion and here's why - all of them have a beauty profile you fill out to gather hair color, eye color, preferences, etc. However the customization varies. Sephora Play had the least, every box is the same so everyone gets the same product (organic, cruelty free, or also not). Birchbox you can specify skin types, concerns, makeup preference. The brands are more likely to be cruelty free or organic. Everyone can get different things in their box but what if you didn't like something or you were alergic to a product you received? I have dealt with their customer service and it is great in my experience. A box came damaged and they sent me a new one, it wasn't all the same products but I got a new box. Ipsy has ALL these features and a way to customize your preferences even further! After receiving each bag you can rate the products to tell ipsy if you like the brand, product, and color/shade. This helps customize your bag further with each review to make sure you're only getting products you'll love. Which means there will be a lot of variety at first so you might love some bags more over others. You get points toward free product Everytime you write a review too! (Birchbox you need to send money to earn points but Sephoras box does come with a 50point card you can redeem in stores with any purchase). Ipsy also has a Shopper app which you can earn a certain percentage (up to 30%) of money back when you buy products through the Shopper app. You get your money back once a month through PayPal.
Jamie T.
I subscribed to Ipsy for almost 1.5 years before canceling my subscription due to never using more than half the products I received. I used to look forward to getting my new bag every month until I was more excited for the bag itself than the products inside. Don't get me wrong I did receive products here and there I wouldn't have otherwise tried at full cost but the products I did buy once my trials ran out were far and few between. At $10 a month I decided to cancel when I realized I was collecting mostly facial/hair products that I wouldn't use due to my being so particular about my skin and fear of trying things that might make my oily skin break out. I literally had all my beauty products organized in a 5 tier plastic unit by eyes, face, lips, hair and misc and when I finally decided to give my daughter and girlfriends all my unused goodies I unloaded 2 grocery bags full of stuff! Long story short, I was spending more money each month collecting things I'd never use as opposed to narrowing down key products I wanted to try and actually buy! Side note... I also subscribed to Birchbox for the $10 subscription and had the same feelings. Now I realize if you take the time to go online and review your products, update your preferences, etc the bags became more personalized but this quickly became time consuming and I continued to be fairly disappointed by the contents. However I do miss ripping into that shiny pink envelope, eager to see what was inside but I get just as much satisfaction when products i want and buy show up on my doorstep!
Malinda S.
Upper Darby, PA
I am so glad I decided to switch from the Allure Beauty Box to Ipsy. Not that Allure is terrible, but you get much higher end products from Ipsy, a new makeup bag bag month, and is the one box that curates the products you receive based on your preferences and color matching. I've had it for about 4 months now and it gets better each month as I review my products so they know what I do and do not like and keep my beauty profile updated. Each month you get about 5 products, at least 2 will be full size... A couple months I had 3 or 4 Full size products! Even their sample sizes are impressive. The products are all high end.. You may get a NYX product here and there but I'm fine with that because I'm a Nyx lover. I have not once been disappointed with any of my Ipsy bags. They really do send wonderful products. The makeup bags have been getting nicer and Sturdier lately. You get points every month just for subscribing and you get points for every product you review and then you redeem them for products in the Ipsy Shop. I just redeemed my points for a full size high end Eyeshadow that I had my eye on. It's a gorgeous pigmented copper color. So, as long as you review your bag each month (which you should do anyway because that's how they know what not to give you) the points accumulate very quickly. Also, each day Ipsy will have a special offer ex: $60 worth of a mix of different products for $15 and free shipping. You just can't beat all of that for $10 a month!
Zoe L.
Ipsy is the first subscription box of any kind I’ve ever gotten, and I’ve now had it for over a year. It’s an absolute steal for the money, for $10 you get 5 products that can be either full or travel size. I’m a cosmetologist, so I really love getting to experiment with the new products or brands, and even if I get something I don’t think I’ll use for myself, I can either re-gift it or use it in my work kit. I’ve never had any problems with it, I’ve never had to contact customer service, I’ve never been billed and not received my bag. I do feel like sometimes they totally ignore your profile and just send whatever they feel like- I’ve gotten the same or similar eyeshadow shade at least 5 times, and I‘ve gotten at least 5 liquid eyeliners- but even then, it’s still good for me, now I have supplies to last a long time. And although I’ve gotten some things I didn’t appreciate, I’ve gotten far more that I love- I’ve gotten several brushes that would’ve been well over $10 each, I’ve gotten a bunch of mascaras I love, I’ve gotten to try new lipstick brands and shades, I have a new favorite nail polish, I have an urban decay highlighter that I never would’ve been able to afford myself, and I have a new love for face masks.

TLDR; if you like experimenting or trying new things, or if you’re like me and poor enough that you don’t think you’ll ever get to try boujee makeup, this is definitely worth it. If you are not that person, then you probably won’t like it.
Mallory M.
Everett, WA
Ipsy is truly one of THE best monthly beauty subscription boxes out there. And I’ve tried a lot! For just $10 a month you get five products that they truly do try their best to match you with. Whether it be your skin tone, skin concerns, fave brands, fave types of makeup, what kind of hair you have and then hair products that correspond well, and so on and so on and so fourth. And, you’re not just getting little tiny samples of these products to where you’re able to test out on yourself at home (which is the whole point of this right?!) once... twice I’d really lucky. These are travel sized (some) and others are normal sized products. Then once you’ve revived your Ipsy beauty box, if you go online and write a review for each of that months products you’ve gotten... like what you liked or disliked about it, if you even like the brand of that product what would you have done or wanted done differently... you’ll get 15 points for each item reviewed and those points go towards other amazingly awesome and highlysaught after beauty and/or skincare products and you can get them by accumulating enough points over time. And even bonus points for every friend you refer!!! It’s a pretty great gig👍🏼 oh and duh! I almost forgot- each month, all these great products always come inside the cutest makeup bags, I swear. Each month I love more and more! And also Ipsy is always, ALWAYS having great promotions, deals, and offers for their members from makeup brands that have had Ipsy featuring their items!!
Desiree H.
Ft Oglethorpe, GA
The following opinions are mine and mine alone. I was disappointed with my very first Ipsy bag that just came because there was a black mask in there and it was not packaged in a box, only shiny reflective bubble wrap envelope, and The Mask had broken and ruined the makeup bag that I really liked that came with it and got on some other items but I was able to clean them up. I was disappointed in the Chapstick because it had something in it that is very bad for your skin, palates. . and I wanted to try the mask because I love masks and that one was ruined but I got one use out of what was left and it was a pill off mask which felt like ripping a Band-Aid off of my entire face, not something I would consider a luxury , so I sent them an email and have yet to hear back from them. Everybody says that they are a good company to get Beauty boxes from, and they do send a booklet about the items they sent you and a makeup bag to put them in like Macy's does, but mine was ruined so I hope that they will replace those. I will say that I also get Beauty boxes from Birchbox, Allure, and Macy's and so far Macy's is by far the best if you are into skin care. If you are into makeup Sephora play may be better for you because you can go in the store and enter into your profile what number they give you for your skin color and they can match you up exactly with makeup for your skin shade, but Ipsy will probably be dropped and I might drop Allure also.
Lizz L.
Tulsa
I've read so many mixed reviews about ipsy..the size of the products not being enough, the bags not being cute enough, and the variety not being enough as well..so I was hesitant to try it but at the price, I thought it couldn't hurt. While there have been times I've received a bag I thought wasn't cute it didn't change my mind about the subscription. That bag goes under my sink in case I need to use it on a overnight trip or goes to my children to use. The sizes of products don't bother me either because I don't want a full size of something I might not like..regardless if I receive it for cheap. Its a perfect size to test out things I normally wouldn't buy, thinks I've wanted to try, or things I've never knew existed. The variety does seem to be lacking but I think that goes along with that I have chosen in my profile. If I only really like lipstick, eyeliner, and eye shadow..I'm assuming thats what I will get every time and I'm okay with that. For the price and the customer service alone, I love ipsy. I love makeup but I'm not one of those makeup girls who is totally all in. I don't know the purpose of highlight, I don't know how to contour, I don't know anything about makeup..I just know that my face looks better with it on there, lol. So, this for me or anyone else who isn't totally into makeup or is new to it..this is perfect.
Michelle C.
Avon, IN
Ipsy or Birchbox? Which would you prefer to subscribe to?
Tania C.
Mishawaka, IN
Is anyone else think Ipsy is getting cheaper with there products. I feel there are not as many full size products.
Kalyn S.
Dayton, OH
Do you get your moneys worth on this subscription?
Suzzette L.
Waterbury, CT
Ipsy or Birchbox???
Erin L.
ALEXANDRIA, VA
Pop Culture Expert
How long have some of yall been on the waitlist?? I feel like I have been on it forever!! And obviously, I cannot get any friends to subscribe!!!