Add a Photo

Photos (1400)
Lia A.
Lia A.
Flint, MI
January's Review On Ipsy.com! Ipsy is a Beauty Subscription that accurs every month on the 1st day of every month. Which I absolutely hate, because usually I don't have money in my account until the 3rd of every month. I have wrote the Company twice separate times, telling & asking if they could make a note on my account to draft out $10.00, but wouldn't make a exception. This is why I have only 3 Stars for Ratings, what I don't understand is they bill you for the 1st, but you don't get your Ipsy Bag in the mail until the 15th of the Month. The Beauty products that I did receive for the month of January of 2016 are in this picture and in this review. I received a Lux Makeup Brush, which is a popular Company, used for a Smudger made out of Rose Gold which means a Conbination of Gold & Copper. I looked it up because I didn't know what Rose Gold means, It's worth $15.00, but when it's on sale which it is right now for $11.00. 2nd product I received was Burt's Bee Cleansing Oil with Coconut & Argan Oils, it's for Normal to Dry Skin. It helps to keep skin moisterized and used as Face Cleaner, cleaning dirt & makeup without leaving the skin with a Oily residue. It's a sample size, it's probably worth $2.49. 3rd item is a Mr. White (Now) Eyeliner Pencil, comes in 9 different shades, $17.00 each, and goes on smooth. 4th item is a PIXI by Petra Eyeshadow, $6.00, It's a Mineral Formula that reflects light away from inperfections while gemstone-inspired tones enhance your Natural Eye Beauty, Nourished with Vitamin E and protects delicate skin around the eye. 5th item is Hanalei Sugar Lip Scrub, It suppose to exfoliate your lips, by skin layers, removes the dead skin and dead cells. I have couldn't find their website, there was no inforamtion on this Lip Scrub, I do know it's made from Honolulu HI. Alot of the Beauty Boxes come with a Beauty card that list each product, and where you can purchase the products and how much they are. I wished Ipsy could send a Product Information card with their Cool Beauty Makeup Bag that hold the products inside. If they would correct what I Blogged about, they would even be a better Company. The shipping isn't really a issue.
Natalie A.
Natalie A.
I've been subscribed to Ipsy since December 2015 and this is probably my favorite subscription box next to my Play! by Sephora box. I love how personalized the Ipsy bags always are; they truly listen to your beauty profile, which is a really in-depth profile that asks about all your makeup and style interests, as well as your skin and hair concerns so that they can accurately match products to you each month. Not everyone gets the same exact Glam Bag, and even the bags that the products come in can vary within a month in color!
Ipsy never fails to send me brands that I love, like Urban Decay, Glamglow, Smashbox, Benefit, Tarte, etc. But, Ipsy also introduces me to a lot of brands that I haven't heard of or haven't tried before, and I always end up loving everything I receive and putting it to good use. If you receive products you don't like, you can always go back and change your beauty profile and you'll notice that the next bag you receive will be a compilation of very different products to attune to your change.
Some subscription boxes send you these microscopic samples that look like a joke, or perfume samples that you can get for free at the mall, but Ipsy doesn't do that. All the samples you receive can be used various times and are always a great size, and some are full-sized each month, too.
The rewards program is also super easy to reap benefits from. You can review the products you get for points and do other things for points as well, so they accumulate quickly and the products you can redeem are pretty great! You have to check often because sometimes they put up really popular brands and they sell out quickly.
I have nothing bad to say about Ipsy. For $10 a month, you really can't go wrong. They send you a mix of makeup and skincare/haircare products, with more emphasis on makeup. If you're more into skincare, I suggest you try Birchbox.
Kammie G.
Kammie G.
Medford, OR
Sept. 27, 2016, 4:21 p.m.
Review for: iPSY
You sign up and WHAM! Placed on a waitlist that forces you to spam people to get off of. This is AFTER you've given Ipsy your credit card/payment info.
There is NO customer service line, nor refunds. Emails seem to be automated & do not address your issue. Facebook page comments are answered by mostly customers- beware, if you have an issue with ipsy these people will act like you just called their baby ugly. Tweets are ignored. If you try to email them again, after being ignored, you get bumped to the end of the line- regardless of how long you've been waiting for a response.
Ipsy is quick to take your money on the 1st, but slow to ship. Shipping is done in three batches. You may not get your bag for the month in THAT month. Shipping estimates & actual shipping dates change constantly, getting further out each time. Any inquires are met by the same bot response about the shipping being done in 3 batches, regardless of your actual question or how late your bag is.
You DO get to "peek" into your bag & see what you're getting (that is, IF you get it), only to find that your beauty preferences seem to be completely ignored by the company.
My one & only bag, hardly has makeup in it, just teensy mascara & mini highlighter stick. The rest appears to be the type of samples you get in the mail or from a hotel.
When you go to cancel your service, the buttons you must click are misleading, but even worse- your purchase history & shipping info for any bag you've yet to receive are completely wiped clean. Be sure to screenshot & copy down all this information prior to cancelling your subscription!
Ipsy is terrible & I would NOT recommend.
Isa M.
Isa M.
La Pointe, WI
Jan. 24, 2017, midnight
Review for: iPSY
I adore iPSY. Every month I receive approximately $50 worth of makeup, skincare, and/or beauty tools, plus a charming, exclusive little iPSY makeup bag. The cost of iPSY is $10 a month, and well worth it, in this beauty obsessive's opinion. Upon signing up, ipsters take a survey that includes detailed questions about favorite types of products, skincare concerns, and makeup colors and finishes. iPSY uses an algorithm to analyze the survey results and determine which products to send each month. The survey can be taken again at any time, so there's no danger of an ipster being sentenced to a lifetime of emerald nail color due to a single survey response. After each "Glam Bag" is received, ipsters have the option to review the items received. This information is also analyzed with iPSY's algorithm, leading to more and more items that the ipster will love.

I have personally been blown away by the accuracy of iPSY's algorithm. Every month, users can view all of the products of the month, including the ones they didn't receive. Every month so far, (I have been a subscriber for 3 months), I have received the exact products I would have picked out for myself. My favorite thing about iPSY is receiving on-trend beauty products each month. I feel like I have a personal beaty stylist. The fact that I receive products I love, without having to research them or shop for them, is another sign of iPSY's value. It really is like a personal stylist service! All for $10/month! This girl's committed to her iPSY. ♥
Lorrie B.
Lorrie B.
My 1st month was great. After that it seemed I just got a bunch of left over samples. In my quiz I specified I don't wear nail polish, but received 2 bottles of green/blue nail polish?! The rest was crappy makeup that I'll never wear. I chose "natural" as my makeup style but received dark pink glitter eyes hadow, gold eyeliner, and red/orange lip gloss. As a pale complected blonde with blue eyes - won't be using those colors - ever. Best sample I received was bottle of Aveno moisturizer. I got the same sample free in a drugstore order that month as well. Ipsy is not worth the money based on the quality of samples. I tried to cancel 3 times! After the 2nd I put a block on their reoccurring charges thru my bank, but Ipsy went in and manually charged my account 3 times in 4 days!? Per my bank this was not an system error, someone had gone in and intentionally entered those charges. My only option was to cancel my credit card. Forget about trying to contact Ipsy. Even the number they supply the credit card company is answered with a recording to contact them vie email. Email response is ridiculous. Sure you receive an automated response immediately, but when one of their agents responds they ask you for explanations and require you to partake in a endless back and forth email game of tag, with absolutely NO resolution. I suggest checking the complaints registered with the BBB before giving Ipsy any credit card information! I sure wish I had! As of right now I'm out $30!
Marissa Ann T.
Marissa Ann T.
Honolulu , Hi
For the ipsy bag, it can be a hit or miss. For me, I actually like the products that I receive. I always make sure to write reviews that are true to me and update my style every month so that my bag is up to date with me. Some people fail to do this, so they're never happy with their bag. Also, for $10/month, you get 5 products--sample sized, deluxe sized, and sometimes a full size. So you definitely get your money's worth. Especially if you think about the bag that it comes in, which is probably worth ~$3-5? At least thats what I feel it's worth.

For the ipsy membership (not the glambag subscription, just make an account), it's awesome! and it's free! If you have an ipsy account, you can check out the ipsy offers and brand offers--whether or not you're subscribed to the glam bag.
-Ipsy offers are basically offers brought to you by ipsy for a discounted price. Ipsy teams up with a brand to give you amazing deals. Some times deals can range from 75%-20 off. They update the ipsy offers daily from Monday-Thursday.
-Brand offers are pretty much brands offering discount codes to use for their website. The brands that offer codes are the brands that are in that month's glambag. They are updated monthly, and are usually discount codes for 20%+ off (sometimes free shipping included), or a free product with a purchase.
Nayely S.
Nayely S.
Louisville, KY
Ipsy has been good to me. Each month is an affordable $10 including shipping. It comes with an average of five products based on a personalised quiz. If an item was not so hot you can just review it and say you would not like more similar products. There is also a point system where you can earn additional deluxe samples but it can take a while to reach the higher up samples because with each review you can earn up to 75 points each month and the points do expire... Plus it comes with cute little bags which can be hit and miss on quality but are very helpful if you need some organizational bags.Products are charged he first of the month and will arrive midway through the month. There is a tracking code on the website if you're curious as to where it is but going on the ipsy web page will also reveal your items which can be negative if you're trying for it to be a surprise for a review or something of the sort. My main complaint is that sometimes the size of the products are really small but really I'm paying $10 a month. One day when my wallet has more wiggle room I will subscribe to boxy charm. So ipsy you are super affordable with great products but there are a few things here and there.
Liz O.
Liz O.
Roselle Park, NJ
Oct. 8, 2016, 12:59 a.m.
Review for: iPSY
I've tried so many different subscription boxes and settled on this because I felt that the products were most geared to the profile that I filled out. Every month you get a pretty cute bag that you can either gift or keep. I personally use everyone for different things such as each bag having its own purpose like lips, eyes, bronzers.
This is also a great way to get to know different brands and products that you may have wanted to try but haven't had the opportunity to or brands that you've never hear of. I've had a total of 1 issue with 1 of my bags out of the year and a half that I've had them and their customer service was amazing. Also, if you review the products on their site you gain points to receive other great products. Lastly, you have the opportunity to receive discounts on full sized products just for being a member. Each month they team up with different brands and sites and give you promo codes for like 20% off. They even have promos on their own site that you have to take advantage of quickly because they go fast.. over all great subscription for anyone, both for makeup gurus and everyone else.
Kristen F.
Kristen F.
Woodstock, GA
Dec. 13, 2016, 3:23 p.m.
Review for: iPSY
Ipsy and I have had a lot of issues. First, I received shipping confirmation from them for one bag, and then never received it. Upon contacting them, which is only done by email, the issue was resolved and I somehow ended up with two bags that month. After being overly frustrated with them, I told them in my email to cancel my subscription, which they told me could only be done if I went through the proper channels on their website. Since they were so quick to resolve my issue, I decided not to cancel, however they decided to do it for me. I then set up an account with a different email address, but then decided to keep it simple and resubscribe with the first account. After another month, I decided I didn't really need more sample products, and once again cancelled my subscription. However, I was still billed following this cancellation, and after contacting them, they informed me it was for the account I set up but never activated. They then followed this by telling me that they would just cancel that account as well, but refused to give me a refund for the bag I didn't want, nor did I requet
Donna C.
Donna C.
I joined Ipsy a few months ago, and so far I am really liking the subscription. I see people complain about the subscription because they receive things they do not want or use. For me, I am usually okay if I receive something I wouldn't use as long as I don't get an entire bag worth of stuff I don't use. If it is only one thing, I usually make it work, or give the product to someone. For example, one month I received a highlighter stick, and because I don't use it, I decided to try it as an eyeshadow. Ipsy is $10 a month, and I get so excited to see what is in my bag monthly. I have also discovered new products that I thought I wouldn't like. I typically do not use liquid eyeliner because I just am horrible with the application, but I received a liquid liner (Eyeko) in my bag and I tried it out. I now love it. I think that reason I didn't like the liquid eyeliners in the past was due to the type of applicator. The liquid eyeliner I received from Ipsy had a felt tip, so it was easier for me to apply it as I am pretty clueless when it comes to makeup.
Michelle C.
Michelle C.
Avon, IN
Ipsy or Birchbox? Which would you prefer to subscribe to?
Tania C.
Tania C.
Mishawaka, IN
Is anyone else think Ipsy is getting cheaper with there products. I feel there are not as many full size products.
Kalyn S.
Kalyn S.
Dayton, OH
Do you get your moneys worth on this subscription?
Suzzette L.
Suzzette L.
Waterbury, CT
Ipsy or Birchbox???
Erin L.
Erin L.
ALEXANDRIA, VA
How long have some of yall been on the waitlist?? I feel like I have been on it forever!! And obviously, I cannot get any friends to subscribe!!!