BY IPSY #2 in Subscription Boxes

• Is anyone else think Ipsy is getting cheaper with there products....84 Answers
  • Ipsy or Birchbox? Which would you prefer to subscribe to?195 Answers
  • I've been thinking about getting ipsy or sephora. Which one has b...6 Answers
iPSY
  • "Waiting for my ipsy bag to come in every month is what i live on, the bags are always so adorable and i have never received a product i didn't like or didn't use!" in 629 reviews
  • "The ipsy bags are so cute and getting full sized products are definitely something that I look forward to especially being only $10 a month!" in 490 reviews
  • "its amazing for the price you pay and the nail polishes are always amazing...some product arent as good so i never end up using them otherwise if youre a person who likes discovering new products u shud consider subscribing to ipsy " in 293 reviews
  • "I love IPSY ..You go on IPSY's website and take a quick little test..So your makeup bag is fit for your skin tone, your style, what type of items you would like in the bag and every month for just $10.00, (there's no hidden fees, No cancelation fees), You get a different themed Cosmetic bag, With the worth being way more than $10.00." in 227 reviews
  • "It's overall a bag with great variety and is great for making yourself try new things you would never otherwise try (recently I got some dry shampoo...would never buy it otherwise but I love it now)." in 219 reviews
Natalie A.
Natalie A.
Pop Culture Expert
I've been subscribed to Ipsy since December 2015 and this is probably my favorite subscription box next to my Play! by Sephora box. I love how personalized the Ipsy bags always are; they truly listen to your beauty profile, which is a really in-depth profile that asks about all your makeup and style interests, as well as your skin and hair concerns so that they can accurately match products to you each month. Not everyone gets the same exact Glam Bag, and even the bags that the products come in can vary within a month in color!
Ipsy never fails to send me brands that I love, like Urban Decay, Glamglow, Smashbox, Benefit, Tarte, etc. But, Ipsy also introduces me to a lot of brands that I haven't heard of or haven't tried before, and I always end up loving everything I receive and putting it to good use. If you receive products you don't like, you can always go back and change your beauty profile and you'll notice that the next bag you receive will be a compilation of very different products to attune to your change.
Some subscription boxes send you these microscopic samples that look like a joke, or perfume samples that you can get for free at the mall, but Ipsy doesn't do that. All the samples you receive can be used various times and are always a great size, and some are full-sized each month, too.
The rewards program is also super easy to reap benefits from. You can review the products you get for points and do other things for points as well, so they accumulate quickly and the products you can redeem are pretty great! You have to check often because sometimes they put up really popular brands and they sell out quickly.
I have nothing bad to say about Ipsy. For $10 a month, you really can't go wrong. They send you a mix of makeup and skincare/haircare products, with more emphasis on makeup. If you're more into skincare, I suggest you try Birchbox.
Kammie G.
Kammie G.
Medford, OR
You sign up and WHAM! Placed on a waitlist that forces you to spam people to get off of. This is AFTER you've given Ipsy your credit card/payment info.
There is NO customer service line, nor refunds. Emails seem to be automated & do not address your issue. Facebook page comments are answered by mostly customers- beware, if you have an issue with ipsy these people will act like you just called their baby ugly. Tweets are ignored. If you try to email them again, after being ignored, you get bumped to the end of the line- regardless of how long you've been waiting for a response.
Ipsy is quick to take your money on the 1st, but slow to ship. Shipping is done in three batches. You may not get your bag for the month in THAT month. Shipping estimates & actual shipping dates change constantly, getting further out each time. Any inquires are met by the same bot response about the shipping being done in 3 batches, regardless of your actual question or how late your bag is.
You DO get to "peek" into your bag & see what you're getting (that is, IF you get it), only to find that your beauty preferences seem to be completely ignored by the company.
My one & only bag, hardly has makeup in it, just teensy mascara & mini highlighter stick. The rest appears to be the type of samples you get in the mail or from a hotel.
When you go to cancel your service, the buttons you must click are misleading, but even worse- your purchase history & shipping info for any bag you've yet to receive are completely wiped clean. Be sure to screenshot & copy down all this information prior to cancelling your subscription!
Ipsy is terrible & I would NOT recommend.
Liz O.
Liz O.
Roselle Park, NJ
I've tried so many different subscription boxes and settled on this because I felt that the products were most geared to the profile that I filled out. Every month you get a pretty cute bag that you can either gift or keep. I personally use everyone for different things such as each bag having its own purpose like lips, eyes, bronzers.
This is also a great way to get to know different brands and products that you may have wanted to try but haven't had the opportunity to or brands that you've never hear of. I've had a total of 1 issue with 1 of my bags out of the year and a half that I've had them and their customer service was amazing. Also, if you review the products on their site you gain points to receive other great products. Lastly, you have the opportunity to receive discounts on full sized products just for being a member. Each month they team up with different brands and sites and give you promo codes for like 20% off. They even have promos on their own site that you have to take advantage of quickly because they go fast.. over all great subscription for anyone, both for makeup gurus and everyone else.
Kristen F.
Kristen F.
Woodstock , GA
Ipsy and I have had a lot of issues. First, I received shipping confirmation from them for one bag, and then never received it. Upon contacting them, which is only done by email, the issue was resolved and I somehow ended up with two bags that month. After being overly frustrated with them, I told them in my email to cancel my subscription, which they told me could only be done if I went through the proper channels on their website. Since they were so quick to resolve my issue, I decided not to cancel, however they decided to do it for me. I then set up an account with a different email address, but then decided to keep it simple and resubscribe with the first account. After another month, I decided I didn't really need more sample products, and once again cancelled my subscription. However, I was still billed following this cancellation, and after contacting them, they informed me it was for the account I set up but never activated. They then followed this by telling me that they would just cancel that account as well, but refused to give me a refund for the bag I didn't want, nor did I requet
Donna C.
Donna C.
I joined Ipsy a few months ago, and so far I am really liking the subscription. I see people complain about the subscription because they receive things they do not want or use. For me, I am usually okay if I receive something I wouldn't use as long as I don't get an entire bag worth of stuff I don't use. If it is only one thing, I usually make it work, or give the product to someone. For example, one month I received a highlighter stick, and because I don't use it, I decided to try it as an eyeshadow. Ipsy is $10 a month, and I get so excited to see what is in my bag monthly. I have also discovered new products that I thought I wouldn't like. I typically do not use liquid eyeliner because I just am horrible with the application, but I received a liquid liner (Eyeko) in my bag and I tried it out. I now love it. I think that reason I didn't like the liquid eyeliners in the past was due to the type of applicator. The liquid eyeliner I received from Ipsy had a felt tip, so it was easier for me to apply it as I am pretty clueless when it comes to makeup.
Savannah H.
Savannah H.
Bloomington, IN
I have been subscribed to Ipsy for two months now and am absolutely loving it! Each month my ipsy glam bag gets delivered in a hot pink envelope with the glam bag inside. So far, both bags I have received are so cute and contain so many cool products! I've received highlighters, lipsticks, mascara, a full size makeup brush, hairspray, deep conditioning hair masks, and so much more so far! For only $10 a month I think that is is completely worth it. Most of the time the products are travel size which is the perfect amount of product to figure out if you really like it or not. I've been sent products that I have actually gone out and repurchased in full size because I have loved them so much. I don't think you can go wrong with an ipsy subscription because before they start sending you things you have to take quizzes so they can figure out what you like and what would be best for you. I've found that a lot of the products I receive are things that I genuinely like and genuinely match up with my answers from the quizzes. I highly recommend Ipsy!!!
Alex R.
Alex R.
Hockessin, DE
I like Ipsy. But...
Comparing Ipsy to birchbox or other more expensive subscription boxes is sad..
Every month I compare my Ipsy to my birchbox, and I feel like birchbox outweighs Ipsy in every category.
It doesn't seem like Ipsy cares about the "custom" profile as much as they say they do. (I get products for dry skin, when I said I had oily skin...)
Ipsy does not usually give well known brands. (Which can be good or bad- depending how much you're willing to experiment)
Ipsy does not have a wide variety of shade samples for those of different skin tones..

Honesty, do your research first. I started out with birchbox and Ipsy. I have now graduated onto birchbox and Glossybox. Just make sure you pick the right box for YOU. Take into consideration your own age and style. For example: I am 20, and I would have loved an Ipsy subscription 6 years ago.

I would suggest this box for girls ages 13-25 who have little experience!

Update 2 weeks after I posted this review: I cancelled my subscription. My June 2016 bag was just... Bad.
Elizabeth C.
Elizabeth C.
Baldwin City, KS
Ipsy is the first subscription service I ever tried. It's only 10 dollars a month. No hidden fees! Just a straight 10 dollars a month. You get 5 things and a make up bag! The make up bags alone are worth 10 dollars and are usually always super cute! Most things are sample size which I love! Easy to keep in my purse and I would rather sample a product before buying it full sized. I have gotten the occasional full sized product like nail polish, lipstick, eyeshadow and eyeliner! It's not just make up! You can skin care, hair care, make up brushes. Not every bag is the same. You take a quiz and it goes off of that. If you review products that helps to! I only gave this 4 stars is because I have gotten a broken product here and there. The customer service has always been great when I have an issue and always respond quickly. I have had this subscription service for about a year now and i dont regret it one bit! I plan on keeping it. I defiantly recommend this to anyone looking for a beauty subscription service. It's worth it!
Katherine F.
Katherine F.
Cary, NC
I was subscribed to iPSY for a year. I enjoyed the makeup bags that the products came in and I felt like the amount of product received for the price was a pretty good value. While this isn't a fully customizable subscription, filling out the customization form did make it more likely to receive colors I was into and less likely to get things I truly hate.

I cancelled for a number of reasons. First, I just didn't feel like I was using enough of what I got. I felt like I was just adding a bunch of minis to my makeup collection every month that wouldn't get used. I got tired of seeing the same brands over and over, especially since the worst repeat offenders were brands I've never seen outside a subscription box and probably wouldn't purchase from on my own.

I feel like there are better boxes out there. Sephora Play is the same price and everything is from brands Sephora carries. However, iPSY is probably a good choice for someone younger/newer to makeup, since the bags and products often have a more youthful "fun" feel.
Kathryn P.
Kathryn P.
I had ipsy for over two years, but I finally cancelled the service. And if I'm being brutally honest, I probably should have done so long ago. There were a few major issues I had with ipsy. Their website makes claims as though you will be receiving products from well known beauty brands. While it's true that, each month, a few products do get sent out from well known brands, you're not guaranteed to receive them! The next problem I had ties into the first in that I frequently had FOMO or "box envy". Each month there are about 10-15 products that are chosen, but each person gets only 5. The ones sent are supposedly based upon your profile answers as well as your reviews of products. However, I frequently found myself getting items I specifically noted I had no interest in my profile. I also received colors or brands that I had reviewed poorly. It seemed no matter how I reviewed my products or tweeked my answers on my profile quiz, I still wasn't getting the items I truly wanted the most
Michelle C.
Michelle C.
Avon, IN
Ipsy or Birchbox? Which would you prefer to subscribe to?
Tania C.
Tania C.
Mishawaka, IN
Is anyone else think Ipsy is getting cheaper with there products. I feel there are not as many full size products.
Kalyn S.
Kalyn S.
Dayton, OH
Do you get your moneys worth on this subscription?
Suzzette L.
Suzzette L.
Waterbury, CT
Ipsy or Birchbox???
Erin L.
Erin L.
ALEXANDRIA, VA
Pop Culture Expert
How long have some of yall been on the waitlist?? I feel like I have been on it forever!! And obviously, I cannot get any friends to subscribe!!!