BY IPSY #3 in Subscription Boxes

• Is anyone else think Ipsy is getting cheaper with there products....86 Answers
  • Ipsy or Birchbox? Which would you prefer to subscribe to?198 Answers
  • I wonder if anyone else out there is doing this?   I have a frien...2 Answers
Media (2069)
  • "Waiting for my ipsy bag to come in every month is what i live on, the bags are always so adorable and i have never received a product i didn't like or didn't use!" in 629 reviews
  • "The ipsy bags are so cute and getting full sized products are definitely something that I look forward to especially being only $10 a month!" in 490 reviews
  • "its amazing for the price you pay and the nail polishes are always amazing...some product arent as good so i never end up using them otherwise if youre a person who likes discovering new products u shud consider subscribing to ipsy " in 293 reviews
  • "I love IPSY ..You go on IPSY's website and take a quick little test..So your makeup bag is fit for your skin tone, your style, what type of items you would like in the bag and every month for just $10.00, (there's no hidden fees, No cancelation fees), You get a different themed Cosmetic bag, With the worth being way more than $10.00." in 227 reviews
  • "It's overall a bag with great variety and is great for making yourself try new things you would never otherwise try (recently I got some dry shampoo...would never buy it otherwise but I love it now)." in 219 reviews
Melissa G.
Maurice, LA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I signed up for ipsy last month. I shared a link to my facebook newsfeed, also to twitter and sent a message to 3 of my friends. This made me jump off of the waiting list to receiving it the next month, which will of course be this month. I havent gotten my bag yet, it may very well be in my mail box because i see others have already gotten theirs. I have looked at the app and saw what I'm getting. I also saw what others are getting. I saw today that those who have gotten what I will get have put reviews up. I really like that I can look at the profiles of people who have posted reviews to see what kind of skin they have (oily or dry), their eye color, hair color, etc. and compare it to myself and think, "well, they have more green in their eyes so it might work better for me." I love knowing what to expect before I get my bag. It's still exciting to wait for it but I can plan for it. Like, if I'm running low on mascara, I can check to see if I'm getting it this month and wait for it or I can go out and buy some. My resolution was to spend less on makeup and this is helping so far. I like Influenster because I can see reviews before I buy things. I like ipsy for the same reason. You gain points by sharing the contents of your makeup bag, posting reviews and if friends use your code while signing up. You can use those points to trade for certain items through the app. I recommend ipsy if you're trying to learn more about makeup, if you're looking for a gift for someone (there's an option to get a bag a year for one payment of $120), or if you're looking to save money while trying new things like me. The app is wonderful also. It has makeup tips and great articles. Even if you don't receive an ipsy bag, the app is still good to download to stay on top on new trends.
Charlene W.
Aurora, OH
I think subscription services are AMAZING. Forget the stress of shopping for new makeup, clothes, healthy food, etc. Get them delivered right to your door for a great deal, much lower than the products’ retail prices! I’ll tell you about one of my favorite subscription makeup bags that I’ve been getting for almost a whole year now, Ipsy!

Ipsy is only $10 a month, (even cheaper when you buy a whole year!) and you get 5 beauty products a month, which are either full size or deluxe size. On top of that super steal, just by rating your products each month, you gets points which you can redeem for full size products! I just redeemed 500 points that I’ve been racking up, so in my next bag, I get a set of designer lashes! GLAM LASHES ARE MY FAV, and we all know how expensive they can be (literally I’ve paid $20 for a good set). Finally, they offer different discounts every month for subscribers to high end makeup websites.

Take a look inside my October glam bag. I LOVED every single product and gave them all 5 stars. However, your bag might look completely different than mine each month because on the Ipsy app, you can customize your settings to make sure you receive items that you WANT and will USE. You all know that I love my press-on nails, so I requested never to receive nail polishes, rather mascaras and liquid lipsticks instead. Ipsy will listen to your preferences. You can also add your skin and hair tone and type as well as eye color, so your products matches your needs.

Brands in my October glam bag: Marc Anthony, Urban Decay, Tarte, Meech and Mia, and MDMflow

Overall, Ipsy offers amazing services and products for such a low cost and they are very responsive to your wants for your monthly glam bag. Having this subscription bag also really helps me resist splurging on makeup, because I get surprised with so many new items every few weeks and don’t feel the need to anymore. Click here to TRY IT OUT, even if its just for a month! Comment or send me a message if you want my sign up code, which will give us both a boost on our points!
Jessika A.
I can not recommend ipsy glam bags enough! I’ve been getting them for a little over a year now. Each month you get a travel sized makeup bag along with 5 makeup items. Every single bag that I’ve gotten has at least had a travel size something from a high end brand in it. And a lot of times if they are featuring an indie makeup brand, you’ll get a full size lipstick or highlighter or eyeliner. They also send out great makeup brushes! I’ve built up my collection of makeup brushes just from getting ipsy bags.

They cost $10 per month, but it is a little cheaper if you pay for a year in advance. You take a quiz, that you can update as much as you want, that will help ipsy decide what to put in your bag. Once you get your products, make sure to review them and rate them so that ipsy can even further tailor the bag to your personal preferences.

The customer service has been great too! I had a full size highlighter that arrived to me broken. I immediately contacted ipsyCare and they had a new one sent out that day.

I recommend this service to anyone who wants to build their makeup collection without spending a fortune on full size products. It’s also great if you like to try products out before committing to a full-size. Even better, there is enough variety so that you can try out different products that you need to practice with, or use something you would never normally buy.
Lisa T.
Pantego, NC
I have been receiving ipsy for years and I’m a huge fan!!! There are so many pros when it comes to monthly subscription. First off the bag that comes with all of the five samples is absolutely always adorable. It is a great size and lovely for travel, a mini make up bag, or even sometime a clutch! The five samples that come in the bag are legit and a great opportunity for me to become familiar with new brands!! Also if you purchase the full size products from ipsy you get cash back, how awesome! In addition after you review the products you get points then you get to use those points towards getting free products!! Finally another one of my favorite thing is the articles that ipsy provides monthly on the App and the feature that allows you to learn a tip on the products you get!! I highly recommend iPSY ! It’s very affordable! It brings me so much joy for 10.68$ a month! I look forward to that pink package each month in my mail box! And my mother enjoyed watching me open my bag each month she now is a subscriber and she signed up my cousin too!!
Ashley F.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
You literally cannot go wrong with this subscription! Every month you get a new makeup bag (worth it in itself!!!) and full/sample size products!!! Honestly I thought that there were hardly be any full size but they do an amazing job by giving you a great balance of full and sample size items!

You get to try so so many different products that you normally wouldn't buy, and it really gives you a bang for your buck! For example, last month I received a sample size (4 inches) Smash Box eyeliner, full size ColourPop eyeshadow, full size Rimmel London Face Primer, a sample size (3 inches) MAC eyeliner, and three Purisse face peels!!!!! The face peels alone cost $6 a piece if you buy them elsewhere!!!!!!

Honestly this subscription is amazing though though because it allows you to really play with the makeup you use and if you don't like something or end up with too many of one item....give them away!!!! I seriously have nothing negative to say because I've never spent $10 a month as good as this!!!

*Oh, and you also get discounts on the items you want to purchase (if ever)!!! And you get points towards purchasing items just by reviewing your glam bag pieces!!!! COME ON, WHY ARE YOU NOT SIGNING UP ALREADY!?
ÉTOiLE F.
Pollock Pines
Ipsy was my first ever subscription box. I love it. I really do. What really impresses me about Ipsy is the customer service. I remember when I first got started I signed up too late to get the next bag. I emailed them and they were able to get me that bag. Also, when a product is broken (has only happened to me once) they send you a new one, hassle free. Also, they respond to their emails pretty quickly!

As for the product selection, I rarely dislike an Ipsy product. I do wish they had less unknown brand names. I used to get a lot more Tarte and Urban Decay and other great brands but I don't anymore. Has this happened to anyone else? I find that they do follow the beauty profile and reviews well, though.

I also am impressed by the bag value. Usually it's around $50 but I have seen it go as low as $39 and as high as $64.

Ipsy is a well rounded subscription that I recommend, but I wish they'd have more products from the best brands.
Amanda C.
Hellertown, PA
Excellent subscription box option for those who want to try a variety of different deluxe size makeup and cosmetics. The bags are actually pretty useful and super cute to store a variety of stuff. The brands are mostly brands that are new to me, but some are are high end brands (tarte, benefit, ofra, it cosmetics etc). You get 5 deluxe size products for only $10 monthly. It is very worth. You get a variety of makeup (including brushes), skin care, hair care etc. It's excellent to test products before buying the full size version. They also have your profile mapped so they can choose the best options according to your preferences (it's not perfect, but i'd say it works reasonably specially after a while when you review your past bags so they can have more data on you). I am subscribed for more than a year, and after a while, it gets "kind of old" and I am more excited with full size products in general, so I am cancelling my subscription BUT if you have never been subscribed and like makeup and cosmetics in general, you are going to love it.
Sheareliz M.
Ipsy is definitely worth it. $10 a month and you get samples of different makeup brands. I’ve gotten things anywhere from B.B. creams to concealers, eye liners, shadows, mascaras etc. The best part about it is that you review the items on your bag every month in order to customize what products you get in the future. For example: If you didn’t like the safe of eye liner they sent you, specify that in the review and going forward you’ll receive other shades. Or if you simply don’t use eye liners, state that and you won’t get them in future bags. I have to say some brands I’ve never heard of but others are really popular such as Too Faced, UD, It Cosmetics, etc. I love that I can try things and if they up working for me I can purchase a full size product without initially spending a pretty penny without trying out the product.
Ashlie R.
Plattsburgh, NY
For right now, I'm giving this a two star review, and I haven't even received my first bag yet. I've had weird trouble with the customer service team and am so far unhappy. I've debated asking for a refund before even getting my items. Immediately, after registering and imputing my card information and being told I was put on the wait list, the $10 was taken out of my account. I wrote them, asking why money was taken out if I was only on the wait list and hadn't been approved for the next bag and they said, "We never take money out of your account without you being approved." Well, they did. It took me writing back and forth several times for them to add me to the, 'actually getting something,' list. It frustrated me because when I tell you something and have e-mails, screenshots, and a bank transaction to prove my point and you just point blank tell me I'm wrong... I don't like it. I hope the quality of the items are good, but right now I'm unhappy.
Michelle C.
Avon, IN
Ipsy or Birchbox? Which would you prefer to subscribe to?
Tania C.
Mishawaka, IN
Is anyone else think Ipsy is getting cheaper with there products. I feel there are not as many full size products.
Kalyn S.
Dayton, OH
Do you get your moneys worth on this subscription?
Suzzette L.
Waterbury, CT
Ipsy or Birchbox???
Erin L.
Alexandria, VA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
How long have some of yall been on the waitlist?? I feel like I have been on it forever!! And obviously, I cannot get any friends to subscribe!!!