by Apple
Ask a Question
Heaven M.
Heaven M.
San Juan, PR

I want to buy an Ipad Mini, and I want it white. But the representative of Apple in Best Buy, was telling me to get it in black, because the white one would turn yellow... What are your thoughts in this?
Christina K.
Christina K.
Aug. 10, 2016, 3:05 a.m.
Go with the silver. That's the closest to white.
Jaime G.
Jaime G.
Sept. 27, 2015, 11:44 p.m.
Mine has never turned yellow. I think it depends on what type of case you keep it in, whether or not you smoke, and if you carry with you or not.
Capri W.
Capri W.
Sept. 16, 2015, 4:45 p.m.
I have a white one and it has not turned yellow.I never heard of an ipad turning yellow.
Heather H.
Heather H.
July 21, 2015, 3:49 p.m.
I've had a white mini for 3 years and it is not yellow at all.
Kristina R.
Kristina R.
June 30, 2015, 1:22 p.m.
My friend has white iPad for couple of years... And it's still white
Chanel C.
Chanel C.
June 15, 2015, 10:55 a.m.
I have had my mini iPad for years, and it is still white. Same with my iPhone. I've never had an issue.
Jenny S.
Jenny S.
June 10, 2015, 8:36 p.m.
I had my white ipad for 3 years and its still the same color white.
Shivani P.
Shivani P.
Nov. 26, 2014, 4:07 p.m.
I have not seen is turn yellow and you can always get a nice case for it to keep it clean!
Roy F.
Roy F.
June 13, 2014, 3:33 p.m.
I don't think it would turn yellow, it would just lose its brightness over time, if it did ever turn yellow this would be in the terms of years and years and the brightness would out live both the battery and the processor speed.
Jennifer A.
Jennifer A.
May 17, 2014, 5:40 p.m.
I have had the white one for a year now & it is still white!
Mariah M.
Mariah M.
April 21, 2014, 8:10 p.m.
Mine also shows no sign of yellowing
Rachel G.
Rachel G.
March 13, 2014, 12:44 p.m.
I have a white iPad mini and no sign of yellow my 2 kids are on it every day and it's still good I guess just put a case on it to make sure it stays clean.
Stephanie T.
Stephanie T.
Feb. 12, 2014, 11:32 p.m.
I have white, and it has NOT turned yellow whatsoever. It's great for watching videos rather than in black, cause the black would make your view seem smaller because of the slimming illusion.
Jenna N.
Jenna N.
Feb. 11, 2014, 12:28 p.m.
I have had mine for almost a year - no signs of yellowing. Although I would suggest a screen protector and a case!
Christina V.
Christina V.
Jan. 28, 2014, 6:09 p.m.
Turn yellow? I've had a white iPad 2 for several years and it's still as white as the day I got it. I would never even think about it turning yellow!
Josie K.
Josie K.
Jan. 28, 2014, 2 p.m.
My bf and mom have white iPhones, and their's never turned yellow, but they didn't have them out of the cases long enough for that to happen either. My bf's white case got nasty-looking, however. I prefer my black iPad to the white ones, but that's just my opinion.
Rebecca M.
Rebecca M.
Jan. 24, 2014, 1:45 p.m.
That's ridiculous! The Apple representative is not supposed to do that at all, either. I have a white iPhone and a white iPad Mini (I used to have a white regular iPad) and I've never had any coloration issues.
Jessica M.
Jessica M.
Jan. 23, 2014, 8:36 p.m.
I have had the mini and a white iphone and neither of them have turned yellow. I would not worry about it turning yellow any time soon and go with what you like not what someone tells you to do. You are the one who is going to use it not the salesman/woman
Krislyn R.
Krislyn R.
Jan. 15, 2014, 3:52 p.m.
No, I have a white one and its not yellow at all. Ive also had white phones and ipads all still look white after lots of use.
jennifer g.
jennifer g.
Jan. 14, 2014, 9:34 a.m.
I've had mine for over a year and have never had it turn yellow. Ditto for all of my white apple products. Never had any issues with yellowing.
Ali P.
Ali P.
Jan. 10, 2014, 2:30 p.m.
Not sure why he'd say that. I've had a white iPad 3 for almost a year and it's still as white as when I took it out of the box.
Jaydin B.
Jaydin B.
Jan. 5, 2014, 3:45 p.m.
I don't get why he would say that I've bad my white one for a while and that hasn't happened to mine. If he's saying it will look yellow because it will get dirty, then it might if you don't take good care of it and clean it like 1 a week.
Adam B.
Adam B.
Dec. 24, 2013, 10:19 p.m.
HAve had a white for a while and its a non issue no idea why it might turn yellow unless your rubbing it in the dirt!
Grace B.
Grace B.
Dec. 10, 2013, 12:55 p.m.
I know a lot of people with white (myself included) and we've never heard of it turning yellow. Apple is known for quality in the design, so they must've already addressed that issue BEFORE launching to the public. If anything, ask them for an exchange or refund, as that would be a design/manufacturer flaw... They're pretty good with CS, even if your product's warranty has lapsed.
Jennifer W.
Jennifer W.
Dec. 9, 2013, 1:35 p.m.
I've had mine for a while, and I have the iPhone in white. I've never even heard of anyone's white apple products turning yellow. That's ridiculous! They are made of special material that it doesn't stain get scratched that easily.
Rocio R.
Rocio R.
Dec. 4, 2013, 11:51 a.m.
I've had mine since it came out and I have yet to see it turn yellow. I don't even think it can since it has glass over it. I wouldn't believe the rep.
Linda C.
Linda C.
Nov. 26, 2013, 3:51 p.m.
I have yet to see any turn yellow, I would go with white
Lexi B.
Lexi B.
Nov. 25, 2013, 5:50 p.m.
Ignore that representative! That doesn't even sound like they're trying to help you! The iPad will NOT change colors, unless you maybe spill something on it and leave it there for an extensive amount of time!
Kimberly G.
Kimberly G.
Nov. 14, 2013, 10:53 a.m.
I've had a white one for over a year now and it has not changed colors at all! I've personally never seen a white one that is yellow or has shown signs of turning yellow. I feel that it may have to do with how you treat them, if you leave it out in the sun all day or mistreat it then maybe I could see it dis coloring but that's only because of mistreatment. If you treat a shirt bad, it would change colors from being dirty or bleached etc but if you treat it right they stay looking like new. In the end I would say it's all how you treat it.....and I personally choose white because the black one ALWAYS shows fingerprints

Join Now