BY ION

Ion Swimmer's Shampoo features a formula that free of Sulfate Surfactants making it gentle enough for daily use on all hair types, including chemically-treated hair. see more...

Jas A.
5yrs ago, I basically lived in the pool. I swam up to about 8 hours a day, and when it was time to shower, I used my regular shampoo. Then, i thought i would try something else, which was this product. I bought it at Sally Beauty(an employee recommended for swimming) I used it every time after I swam, and It completely ripped my hair (my hair went up to my lower back, I have very curly wavy hair[puerto rican/spanish indian]) it took out all the moisture, and natural oils. By the time summer ended, my hair was up to my chin. It was dry, choppy, and thin(it was normally thick) 5yrs NOW, i cannot use the same hair product for more than one month. It'll make my hair feel like a brillo pad. My hair is slowly but surely STILL trying to gain back its moisture. Right now, my hair (when wet) goes up to my shoulders and when its straight it goes to my mid back. I don't recommend this product to women who have the same hair type as mine.
Klor M.
Kissimmee, FL
Great line for the summer months, or if you live in Florida for pretty much ALL the months. It's a great product to use if you're a swimmer. It protect your hair from the extensive damage the chlorine and salt water can cause to your hair. Highly recommend for all hair colors and types. If you're a swimmer, you need this in your hair care stash.
Andi B.
Simpsonville, SC
I swim almost daily with my little girl. She’s blonde and my hair is partially bleached. I noticed her hair getting pretty dry after a few days. This shampoo with the conditioner and leave in conditioner has our hair looking and feeling healthy.
Tabitha M.
I’m never without this in the summer. This shampoo is 100% vegan and great on the hair. I also use it during other times of the year because it’s vegan. I’ve used it on my pets as well. Sally’s sometimes has it on sale.
Jennifer F.
This stuff is amazing. It got rid of a lot of the green in my hair. To get the last little bit out I just add some baking soda to it and my hair goes back just as blonde as before. It smells great and is around $7 at Sally's. I now use it right before and after swimming to prevent any more green.
Destiny S.
THIS IS A LIFE SAVER! I bleached my hair and when I went in the pool I noticed it would start turning a different color. I use this and the conditioner after I get out of the pool and I LOVE IT. It keeps my hair feeling soft and one color!
Amanda W.
Beaver Falls, PA
I basically live at the pool. I do long distance triathlon, and that means miles and miles of swimming each week.

I also love to color my hair. Most of the time, my hair is a cool platinum blonde. If you don't eradicate that pesky chlorine, your platinum quickly becomes as murky as a pond.

Pros:
Size – You can purchase this product in larger portions than many of the larger brand swim shampoos.
Cost – I save OOOOODLES when I purchase this in large portions – as opposed to the smaller bottles of the other stuff.
Works! - My hair has not turned an odd shade since using this.

Cons:
SMELL – It could use some work. But alas, smelling weird is better than having green hair.

Overall, I wish that they’d improve the scent. And a hint: ALWAYS follow up with the leave-in spray conditioner because chlorine & this shampoo will take away a lot of your natural moisture in your hair.
Colleen P.
This is great for swimmers and water lovers. It combats the chlorine in pools and restores the moisture to your hair. It also removes the build up that you can get from being in the water frequrntly
Kelsey H.
If you're blonde, you need this in the summer. I've been there with the green hair, you need this. Works super well if you remember to use it before hitting the pool. It can be very drying so be cautious.
Karianne F.
Huntington, WV
I have been a lifeguard for the past 5 years and have tried many swimmers shampoos. I like this Ion one best to remove chlorine. I also use the matching conditioner. One bad thing is the smell is awful