Ion Smokey Amethyst Semi Permanent Hair Color

by Ion

Smokey Amethyst Semi Permanent Hair Color

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of Ion Smokey Amethyst Semi Permanent Hair Color!
Salt Lake City
Purchased at: Sally Beauty Supply
I really wanted to like this as Ion is usually my go to brand. I tried using this on virgin light blonde roots. After reading the directions & checking online for others suggestions I left it on for an over an hour & applied heat. Afterwards I used the Ion color sealer with cool water to rinse. While I was excited that I noticed no color run off in the shower, the excitement was extremely short lived when I got out of the shower only to find that there was absolutely NO COLOR in my hair either. If a hair dye can’t even dye VIRGIN BLONDE HAIR, then it’s a COMPLETE WASTE of time & money! Unfortunately I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone.
Spanaway, WA
For me, this product did not work. I did everything right and it just didn't take. Now this could also be my hair. I've always has a hard time with demi and semi permanent hair dyes. Now I do use the permanent hair colors from ion. That's my go to hair color. I normally color my hair every 3 weeks, since my hair grows so quickly. I just wish the semi would of worked since I wanted to do my hair split into 2 shades.
Morton, IL
Purchased at: Sally Beauty Supply
I do like this but not for the color. In one of the photos I’ve provided, the model has the color hair this was supposed to give me. The other two photos of me is the color I actually got. It’s nice for toning yourself blonde hair but it didn’t give me the desired color. I used 2 tubes, bought 3 just in case. The product does not require a developer as it’s ready to use. But it’s extremely thick! Started off using a brush to apply then got in there with my hands and had to glob it on and massage into my hair. Left it on for 40 minutes. Maybe I’ll use the other tube and see if that deposits any purple into my hair, if not then I likely won’t repurchase unless I’m toning my hair. UPDATE: don’t waste your money. After ONE wash the color completely washes out. This stuff is pure crap.
Appleton, WI
Ion Smokey Amethyst Semi Permanent Hair Color uploaded by ana A.
I have dyed my hair burgundy brown for the past 6 months and it is so cute! I love that when it starts to fade away it does it through out the hair making it look more natural. It is very affordable and easy to mix. This is my hair 2 weeks in with the burgundy brown!
Charleston
I swear by this line of dyes! I’ve tried almost every color and they’re all stunning. This particular color is perfect on extremely light hair. It’s not too purple and can even be diluted to give the hair a more silver purple look. The dye also leaves the hair soft and shiny!
The formula is extremely thick. It deposits well but only where you put it. I have tried multiple colors to see if theres a difference and they are all the same. Even with shorter hair you will need multiple boxes. It doesn’t saturate or spread at all and will leave patches.
racine
my hair was already very light blonde. when i used this i did everything correctly. i left it on my hair for over 30 minutes. when i rinsed it out, it did not have any results on my hair. i would not recommend this product unless your hair is almost white.
barely pulls any purple on my light blonde hair. it seems more to me as if i had let purple shampoo sit on my hair to tone it. i would love for the color to pull more to an ashy purple instead of toning. all over love the brand for a lot of reasons.
pungoteague
I use ion colors to tone my white blonde hair...i mix with their 10 volume sensitive scalp developer. You must have very light hair however for these colors to show up. Overall I am satisfied with the product
Roy, UT
Ion Smokey Amethyst Semi Permanent Hair Color uploaded by Brittni R.
I used this color and a few others from ion. Also arctic fox and wells hair paints. My hair turned out AMAZING. I am so in love with it. The colors were beautiful and creamy. Super pigmented for being pastels.

Looking for your answer?