Ion Smokey Amethyst Semi Permanent Hair Color

by Ion

Smokey Amethyst Semi Permanent Hair Color

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of Ion Smokey Amethyst Semi Permanent Hair Color!
New Orleans
Ion Smokey Amethyst Semi Permanent Hair Color uploaded by Julia C.
Ion Smokey Amethyst Semi Permanent Hair Color uploaded by Julia C.
I really liked how this turned out! My hair came out silver, and only had a purple tint is certain lighting. I do wish the purple was a little more prominent, as it was more so JUST silver, but I’m still really happy with the color. I used this on bleached and toned hair. If you have long, thick hair like I do, buy 3 tubes! I used 2 and even diluted it and still ran out when I got to my last section of hair.
Kincheloe, MI
This has a pretty nice silver/purple tone. Nice for toning blonde hair, when it fades it looks like a nice pastel purple. It's pretty small, you could mix the whole tube with white conditioner to make it go further
Are use this hair dye on someone’s bleached hair a couple years ago and the first application actually ended up toning out the blonde so I recommend that you use to applications of this or you go for a deeper darker purple if you’re looking for more purple
North Olmsted , OH
This has a really nice color and smells great. It's very easy to use and works great for toning also. I like that it doesn't need a developer. It washes off pretty quick but I like the peace of mind that gives me when I'm trying new colors 😋
Eastvale, CA
I live by ion it leaves a beautiful shine the only down side is the smell. It’s beautiful and last a good amount of time don’t use more than once every 3 months will damage your hair
Naples , FL
Ion Smokey Amethyst Semi Permanent Hair Color uploaded by Gisselle I.
Ion Smokey Amethyst Semi Permanent Hair Color uploaded by Gisselle I.
Purchased at: Sally Beauty Supply
I purchased this to tone my hair as I was planning on doing a bleach wash to refresh my brassy blond. I figure it would be gentler then using a toner after re-bleaching, and it work perfectly. My hair was a light yellow and after leaving this for an hour my hair was nicely tone and even. I did add a bit of conditioner and an additive to fight brassiness.
baton rouge, la
I purchased this color and the lavender from this line,and it was a total fail. My hair is a level 10 bright ash blonde. I did a strand test with both colors on 2 different strands,plus a 3rd strand and mixed the two colors all at the same time. I left it in for a little over an hour,only to rinse it out and see that it did not leave even a tint of color. Will never purchase again,grateful that Sally's has such a great return policy.
Greensboro, NC
Ion Smokey Amethyst Semi Permanent Hair Color uploaded by jahmill J.
I wanted to love this, I really, really did... I admit my first time using it, I didn't bleach/ lift my hair first, so that was my fault. Second time I lifted my hair 8 shades. I got it as light/ blond as it would go. Still didn't take. I had my heart set on this because it's so beautiful but I guess it wasn't meant to be
Riverside, CA
Love this color! I use it on pre lightened hair. Only the ends of my hair. Sometimes I dilute it with the clear color that ion offers with this line. Makes it more of a pastel color. Beautiful color results either way! Doesn’t last very long though. Unfortunately. The upside to that is that this product is not damaging to your hair. So you can use it as often as you like! :)
Sunset, TX
Not my favorite color. The product itself is great and lasts a while but it does require a developer. For someone like myself who pulls their hair very light I prefer to use a 40 developer with this color.

Looking for your answer?