Hair CareHair ProductsShampooIon
Color Defense Sulfate Free Shampoo

Ion Color Defense Sulfate Free Shampoo

by Ion

ion Color Defense Sulfate-Free Shampoo gently cleanses color treated hair for maximum color protection.

Is this shampoo good for curly/wavy thick and dry hairIon Color Defense Sulfate Free Shampoo?
What are the benefits of this shampoo?
Is this a purple shampoo for toning brassiness ? Ion Color Defense Sulfate Free Shampoo
Start your review of Ion Color Defense Sulfate Free Shampoo!
Katelyn K.
Fostoria
This stuff is great. I use it in combination with the color defense conditioner to really protect my hair color. (I always have unnatural colors in my hair. Right now, for example, it’s blue.) I use additional products (leav-in conditioners, oils, hair masks, etc.) to do damage control and bring back life into my hair, as it has been bleached, and gets colored frequently. All of those other products do a great job at repairing my hair and making it look and feel much healthier and softer, but they don’t do anything for my color. That’s where the color defense shampoo and conditioner come in, and they truly do a great job. Just make sure you’re using the coolest/coldest water you can stand when you’re washing and rinsing your hair, use these products, and instead of washing your hair every time you shower, use a dry shampoo in between to help, and I promise your color will last a lot longer than it normally does! ☺️
Leah P.
Blasdell, NY
I personally love it, I have hair dyed red using Ion's 6RC Demi permanent and I've experienced no wash out with this.
Juana S.
Alameda, CA
Ion Color Defense Sulfate Free Shampoo uploaded by Juana S.
Gently cleanses and strengthens color-treated hair Protects hair from heat and environmental damage Sulfate free - 100% vegan - paraben free Balances moisture and adds shine ion™ Color Defense™ Sulfate-free Shampoo gently cleanses and strengthens color-treated hair while helping to increase the life of your hair color, preventing color fade and protecting hair from heat-styling and environmental damage. ChromaXtend™ helps to balance moisture and add shine for vibrant, healthy-looking hair. I recommend 100%
Caitlyn‍ M.
Franklin, WI
Ion Color Defense Sulfate Free Shampoo uploaded by Caitlyn‍ M.
I dyed my hair purple twice. The first time I got it professionally done and I washed it out because I used herbal essences with sulfate and warm water and blow dried it afterward. It faded out of my hair within a few days, so I dyed my hair again and used this shampoo and it kept the color in for about three weeks, I recommend this for everyone! Ion Color Defense Sulfate Free Shampoo
Stephanie S.
West Olive
Ion Color Defense Sulfate Free Shampoo uploaded by Stephanie S.
I have never used a color safe shampoo after dying my hair before but now after using the Ion Color Defense Sulfate-Free Shampoo for a week I can never go back. This shampoo keeps your dark colored hair locked in place!
Cienna J.
Joliet , IL
Ion Color Defense Sulfate Free Shampoo uploaded by Cienna J.
I feel this product is a must need for damaged hair when you dye it so often. Only thing I do not like about it is how thick the formula is.
Miranda H.
Chippewa Fls, WI
My husband and myself love this shampoo, it definitely seems to extend the life of your color, it leaves the hair feeling good, and it goes in nicely. The texture isn’t weird, I love the smell but wish it had a pump instead of the pop top. Its latest a while and honestly expected to have to buy more sooner which makes me happier with the price point; will most likely be purchasing again
Heather P.
Paragould
Ion Color Defense Sulfate Free Shampoo uploaded by Heather P.
It was wonderful! Wanted something that didn’t wash out my color! It smells great and doesn’t leave my hair feeling oily! I have super oily hair and it worked great for me! I’ll definitely be buying it again!
Jennifer I.
1,246 reviews
Ion Color Defense Sulfate Free Shampoo uploaded by Jennifer I.
Purchased at: Sally Beauty Supply
Ion color defense sulfate free shampoo when I get make color done in my hair. I think any sulfate free shampoo would work this is just what I have for now.
Saprina G.
Ion Color Defense Sulfate Free Shampoo uploaded by Saprina G.
Purchased at: Sally Beauty Supply
This is my go to hair care shampoo for color treated hair for my clients and also for myself! Love how this is sulfate free. I pair this with the conditioner and it's amazing!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Lisa B.
Lincoln, NE
il y a un an
Gabriela C. il y a un an
No it’s clarifying for color treated I always use after I die my hair at home to deep treat
Regular L.
Louisville, KY
il y a 2 ans
Ion Color Defense Sulfate Free Shampoo - I like that this keeps my purple hair looking great while it fades, but I'm having a hard time getting it to lather in my sort of thick hair. Am I doing something wrong?
Gabriela C. il y a un an
Because it’s sulfate free it won’t lather