BY ION #27 in Semi-Permanent Hair Color

Ion Color Brilliance Semi-Permanent Neon Brights are hi-fashion hair colors designed to give vivid, boldly intense results. see more...

• Has anyone used this over bleached, brassy hair? What wer...3 Answers
  • What shade of pink would you consider this? & what's ...2 Answers
  • Question has been deleted1 Answers
Julie T.
Frederick, MD
I just happened to pick these up @sallybeauty buy 2 get one free. So I picked up flamingo pink, red, and, jade. I decided to go with the jade first. Directions say to leave on for 20-40 minutes depending on the intensity of the color desired. Well I've used this brand before and my results last time were good but not great. When I want color in my hair, I want Color in it. So to achieve a much more intense color finish I decided to try something a little different.. This is probably going to sound funny but it works for me every time. After I get the product thoroughly deposited throughout my hair, I then take and wrap around it with saran wrap. Then I take my blow dryer and warrmed my head on low heat and lowest setting of power for about 1 minute. Finally I wrap my head in a towel to help keep my head warm. Haha after the little hair ceremony, lol, I did and chill for the remainder of the 40 minutes. :-) I can't believe I just shared this with you. Omg. Proud of myself for sharing. Below are pictures of before after and about about 3 weeks out.
Brandy P.
Eustis, FL
I was really excited but nervous to try this product but I am actually loving the color, I had only got 1 box when I should have gotten two so I am going to get another one tomorrow and apply another “coat” it wasn’t as dark or bright as I thought it would but it is darker than the Smokey pastel pink from L’Oréal I tried last summer, the dye is thicker than some but it applied nicely and I like how you have to work it in more to make sure you really get every area, I’d prefer this over a more liquid dye, over all I am very happy with this product and I would use it again.
Emma E.
Going into this product, I had expected a light pink but I ended up with a much darker pink. I actually ended up liking it but it was still not what I thought I was getting. I've used it twice and both times it faded very very fast. Within about a month my hair went from bright pink to blonde again (I only wash my hair about once a week too). I may use this product again as a last resort but it definitely won't be my go-to dye.
Jill R.
Chattanooga , TN
I really liked this color but unfortunately this color wouldn’t stick to my hair. It was completely blonde again within 3 washes. I usually like ion products but this one fell flat. I would by again to do my hair for the weekend or something.Ion Color Brilliance Semi Permanent Neon Brights Hair Color Flamingo
skylar p.
hagerstown
This is a good hair color for people wanting to try something new, my brother used the shade “ sky blue “ for halloween and it lasted forever ( he washes his hair everyday too) which is surprising considering it’s semi permanent and doesn’t saturate the cuticle, his hairs a dirty blonde and we didn’t use lightener so it turned out a turquoise instead of blue.
Samantha M.
Thonotosassa , FL
I used this color as a base, along with two other ion shades to dye my hair rose gold at home. It not only turned out beautiful but smells amazing too!!! I had been dying to do something with my blonde gold and brassy hair and honestly this makes me feel so much better about my hair!!! I up keep with flamingo mixed in a deep conditioner and I have a pink color wash shampoo as well.
Cat H.
Lexington, KY
I currently have three boxes of the flamingo color in my bathroom drawer. The color can be a medium pink depending on how long you leave it on but I like it as it starts to fade. It turns into a nice pastel pink and will hold its color if you have light blonde or bleached hair.
McKenna S.
Salem, OR
I went on a limb and turned my platinum hair pink. This color was amazing mixed with their other shade rose, to create a rose gold color! Even with shampooing it 3 times now the color is staying great.
Phoenix L.
Grand Rapids, MI
I love the color brilliance line by Ion! So cheap only $6 for super nice dye, it is semi permanent so it fades out quickly but you get a bang for your buck if you're looking for a quick fix. The dye is thick so you will want to add white conditioner to it to thin it out a little to make it easier to apply on your hair.

This color specifically is super nice because you can add it in with your normal conditioner to help keep it up in-between colors.
Kristavel F.
Los Angeles, CA
Decided to do rose gold so I mixed lavender,salmon,rose I love all the colors in this line because no damage and you can keep it in as long as you want Depending how strong you want the color I mix a little conditioner to get that extra softness and it makes the color little more pastel
Karen W.
Louisville, KY
Has anyone used this over bleached, brassy hair? What were the results & how long did it last?
aNNa C.
What shade of pink would you consider this? & what's your opinion?
Brandy P.